The first installation of fuel cell Chemnitz

The technical university and the services of the city of Chemnitz are working
in common with the Richard Hartmann school for the development of sources
of alternative energy.
Since October 2004, electric power has been produced in Chemnitz in
from pure hydrogen. The first fuel cell installation in the
town is located at Richard Hartmann school. The current generated with a
maximum power of 1000 W powers the local electrical network, the heat
lost being used for heating in the school floor.
The city of Chemnitz has thus created a demonstration facility
to illustrate in the best possible way the quality training
that it dispenses to the technical university.
The installation is indeed not only used for training
professional electrical technicians and protection technicians from
environment, but it will also benefit students in
electrical engineering at the Technical University of Chemnitz.
This is made possible thanks to the cooperation contract between the services
of the city and the university and in the framework of which Thomas Keutel, student
in the 8th semester of electrical engineering, developed a software allowing
visualization and management of the installation.
In the future, several installations of the same type should be connected
to the network in the city of Chemnitz.

Read also:  The environmental charter

contacts:
- Heiko Mehlich - tel: +49 371 531 3610 - email:
heiko.mehlich@etit.tu-chemnitz.de - http://www.tu-chemnitz.de
Sources: Depeche IDW, Press release of the TU Chemnitz, 28 / 10 / 2004
Editor: Nicolas Condette, nicolas.condette@diplomatie.gouv.fr

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *