IRSN video about the research carried out in France at CEA Cadarache on the melting of a nuclear reactor core on the Phebus experimental reactor.
A nuclear reactor core melts when it is no longer properly cooled. The nuclear fuel that composes it melts and turns into a highly radioactive incandescent mixture: corium
- IRSN document on nuclear security
- Map of France of nuclear power plants
- Estimation of nuclear risk in France according to Greenpeace
- Fukushima accident report
- Follow-up to the Fukushima accident
- The results of Chernobyl, 25 years later