Which fast-growing tree species in a garden to have the equivalent of 0.5 to 1 stere of wood per year?

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: What fast-growing tree species in a garden to have the equivalent of 0.5 to 1 stere of wood per year?

by plasmanu » 08/12/23, 17:44

sicetaitsimple wrote:In short, suitable individual protection (including helmet + visor) when cutting

That's not even enough.
I had the cross helmet and the trials helmet, I was riding calmly on the old railway track full of nasty stones and I didn't see the dirty branch that hit me right in the face. My nose still remembers it. It's the jungle 500m away.
And if it blows big tires. No gloves in the world will resist the penetration of these cursed thorns
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: What fast-growing tree species in a garden to have the equivalent of 0.5 to 1 stere of wood per year?

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 08/12/23, 17:48

plasmanu wrote:It's Murphy's Law that's to blame.

0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 08/12/23, 17:55

: Mrgreen: I do not know.
I would have rather thought: “Chainsaw Massacre (electric)”
I'm a pro with ash although showing the little one how to break a dry trunk in two lying down, the return of the kick broke my ribs: I looked clever.
I avoid acacia like the plague but it grows everywhere and as soon as I get tired of slaloming in the yard I pull out all the stops and I end up burning off the start of the regrowth but that only delays the next ones
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 08/12/23, 18:14

If you want to prune the adjacent branches at the bottom (and gradually!), this will improve the shape of the trunk and its volume. However, you will have to wait "a while" before harvesting decent logs.
Brutal? This treatment is called "simple coppice logging" and its great merit is expressed by the adjective which describes this logging process. : Wink: The ability to emit strain releases from this essence is remarkable...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 08/12/23, 18:24

Ahmed wrote: However, you will have to wait "a while" before harvesting decent logs.

"a while", defeatist!
1 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 08/12/23, 20:09

No, Just realistic! 8)
Pruning as mentioned above makes it possible to regularize the shape of the trunk which decreases less sharply in section, but it is obviously necessary to maintain a maximum of crown (the upper branches), since it is only thanks to the sensors that it supports that the tree can increase its carbon mass.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 08/12/23, 21:25

Ahmed wrote:No, Just realistic! 8)

Okay, before pruning a tree you need to give it a little time to grow and grow.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/12/23, 08:39

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Ahmed wrote:No, Just realistic! 8)

Okay, before pruning a tree you need to give it a little time to grow and grow.

Certainly, except that certain intelligent sizes (= adapted to gasoline) can help you grow faster or produce more...

See my example on tomato gourmands...

So what do I do with these Robinia this year? A light size? On what types of branches?

Thank you!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 11/12/23, 18:04

Cutting the lower axillary branches will help regularize the shape of the stem which will be less drooping.
It is also possible to remove certain stems which are too close in order to reduce the effect of competition (the volume produced will be the same in both cases, but by thinning, it will be concentrated on a smaller number of stems).
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/12/23, 19:19

Ok thank you Ahmed, like the fruit trees basically...

I'm going to do that this winter.
0 x