Plagia of a photo of Christine published on Econologie

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christophe

Plagia of a photo of Christine published on Econologie

by Christophe » 26/11/08, 12:36

So there are some who do not get bored ...and hop that I repompte the photos of the net without citing the source !!! Another example of anti-citizenship to stay polite ...

If it was not a magazine of real estate agencies that make billions (although in Belgium it is less worse) it would not bother me too much but there ... it is frankly not polite!

They could at least have asked, we would have accepted without problem ...

The article and the photo date from 2006:

https://www.econologie.com/le-tri-select ... -3212.html

But see rather:

Last edited by Christophe the 19 / 07 / 11, 19: 08, 2 edited once.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 26/11/08, 15:17

Okay ... so what do you do in these cases?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/11/08, 15:56

Well nothing, there is not much to do and the damage is frankly not huge but it is in principle ... choice:

a) A little "shouting" on the phone to tell them that it's not very polite ...

b) Send a threat of "lawsuit" for a poor image distributed in a free? It's ridiculous!

The only thing that would be beneficial would be a little yell and a free ad negotiated in the next issue, orally if possible.

Just in principle, I really want to try ... just to see how we are going to get repacked :)
Last edited by Christophe the 26 / 11 / 08, 18: 37, 2 edited once.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 26/11/08, 17:39

Oué, a letter of development (not loud, very classy but firm) could be interesting.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 26/11/08, 17:40

Christophe wrote:Well nothing, there is not much to do and the damage is frankly not huge but it is in principle ... choice:
a) A little "shouting" on the phone to tell them that it's not very polite ...
b) Send a threat of "lawsuit" for a poor image distributed in a free? It's ridiculous!
The only thing that would be beneficial would be a little yell and a free ad negotiated in the next issue, orally if possible.
Just in principle, I really want to try ... just to see how we are going to get repacked :)

I worked for Editions Ventillard in the past and it is a relatively common practice unfortunately to see published without authorization on the net reproductions of his diagrams, plans, photos. Personally, I would send an amicable protest in principle, noting that it is a copyright infringement and that it is not complicated to ask for an authorization.

One solution is to put a signature in a corner with "Copyright", it is dissuasive. You can also put a watermark, there is software.
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 26/11/08, 19:01

Maximus Leo +2

Otherwise, my little Christophe, if you need someone to stick shovels in the face, think of me Image
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 26/11/08, 19:47

copyright ... pfff
you're talking about a story!
I'm not sure you understand the spirit of the net ... : Cry:
me it makes me happy when I see one of my info, diagram, photo or plan disseminated widely, I share. otherwise if I want it to be confidential I do not put it on the net.
Christophe wrote:
it's on principle ... funny principle on a forum of that type
:?:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/11/08, 20:10

Uh don't you see what shocks you boubka? Where did you see that I talked about copyright? I'm talking about respect ...

It is not because we exchange for free and sympathetically that guys who do business can afford to use our work without asking for authorization (simple formality) in a written newspaper which has nothing philanthropic (even if it is distributed for free) ...

Citing sources is a basis for politeness and respect for others and it's even a duty, an ethics ... for a good journalist ...

But maybe you are also ill-mannered and you don't respect the work of others? In this case your remark is justified ...
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 27/11/08, 09:06

boubka wrote:copyright ... pfff
you're talking about a story!
I'm not sure you understand the spirit of the net ... : Cry:
me it makes me happy when I see one of my info, diagram, photo or plan disseminated widely, I share. otherwise if I want it to be confidential I do not put it on the net.
Christophe wrote:
it's on principle ... funny principle on a forum of that type
:?:

Boubka,

There, it is quite clear there is confusion between sharing and theft ...

Sharing is mutually agreed, but not counterfeiting or theft, well ... that's my vision of things.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/11/08, 16:51

I just called the editor (Editus Luxembourg SA).

The article writer acknowledged the error, apologized, and asked me to publish an article of my choice about Econologie.com (or econology in general) in a future issue. Image

It's a proposal win-win because they will not have to pay a freelance writer for the editorial of this article.

Good to write this article! Do you have any suggestions? To know that the review is a real estate review .... a small article on natural insulators for example would be nice right?
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."