Water injection brumisée BMW on a gasoline turbo

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Christophe

Re: Water Injection brumisée BMW on a gasoline turbo

by Christophe » 08/09/16, 01:23

Flytox wrote:With a "wise", utilitarian engine, used "full time" around its most economical rpm (near thermochemical limits), I'd like to see if this statement still holds. : roll:
Speaking of a "wise" engine, you know it's the one that car manufacturers strive not to build, so that you can continue to have fun behind the wheel of a pit of polluting and "technological" fuel that they get. will always sell you more expensive. : Cry:

If ... if they made one: nouveaux-transports/xl1-et-l1-volkswagen-enfin-1l-au-100-km-t10410.html but not to sell it !!

Because 110 000 € bestiau, you have to make 2 Million km to make the investment profitable ...

The calculation is quickly seen: we must realize 90 000 € fuel economy (compared to a car in 6L / 100km to 20 000 €) earning € 5 / 100 km ...

90 000 / 5 * = 100 1.8 million km ... QED

: Lol: : Lol:

But for that price it's better to take a XL1 a M5 or RS6 ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/09/16, 13:54

Otherwise I agree with your assertion Flytox: you have to load the motors for the injection of water have an effect, ie close to the couple / maximum power.

This is why (I repeat it the Ninth time) the results on cars on the road are so disappointing given the power demanded compared to the nominal engine power (average load rate: 10 to 15% !! Even an F1 is "that "35% ...), the same for generator sets whose motors are always oversized at + 30% of the power of the generator (to compensate for low cos phi and inrush current): the motor is therefore only very rarely at its limits ...

But here's an engine that was at its limits: Water-injection engine pantone / bmw-megatron-turbo petrol-1450ch-and-a-injection of water-t14238.html

Specific power: 1000 hp / L : Cheesy:

Once the water injection worked, it was even necessary ... Here is a BMW also ...
0 x
electricien76
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by electricien76 » 09/04/17, 20:41

It was a great idea from BMW that time I recall me !!
0 x