Fuel boiler replacement for PAC, budget exploded

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
zepokpok
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Fuel boiler replacement for PAC, budget exploded

by zepokpok » 16/01/08, 11:02

Hi everybody !

I come here looking for help and get me advice to replace my boiler fuel.

I live with my friend and my daughter in an old house we bought in April and since November we have already swallowed more than 1500 liters of fuel. the time of the third full 750 euros approach soon, it becomes complicated to provide: - /

we have taken the lead by contacting heat pump professionals in recent days.

the first offers an air-water retaining our cast iron radiators (apparently tip-top installation), unknown price.
the second seen last night we propose an air-air to completely ban the fuel, which is not an idea that displeases us! only we immediately enter 23000 euros, reduced to 15000 after rebate and state help.
they offer us a credit and therefore 148 euros per month for 13 years. to which we add 40 euros per month about electricity .. we arrive at our current price of fuel oil. not to mention that we must turn all our cast iron / water and we will add large plastic consoles in our rooms (which makes us a little scared).

I am lost, we want to ban the fuel and especially save on heating but in the immediate future we will not (even if it is expected that the fuel will explode).

what do you recommend ? should I invest in another boiler type wood? do I have to sell my left kidney to pay for the heat in my house? (I'm joking of course :D but good the situation is critical ..)

Thanks for your help !
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/01/08, 11:12

Hi and welcome here!

Oula ... a PAC air to 23 000 € it's a bit expensive (even counting the distribution of heat)?I think a lot of the help goes directly into the installer's pocket and also that the proposal does not take into account the cost of maintenance ... Talk about the life of the compressors to your installer to see .. .

Next, the AIR - kosher pumps are the ones with the lowest yields.

Before making a difficult choice and may not be profitable, I advise you to read gently and especially completely this news and its links: geothermal energy is this profitable and environmentally friendly?

For summary: as an econologist, we are not really for heat pumps that are NOT a renewable energy and even less a free energy ... So the argument of commercial is the COP higher than one .. .The beautiful leg: the COP of solar panels are at least 10 times higher for example ...

Taking into account all the costs (lifespan, maintenance ...), wood is considerably cheaper than geothermal energy and, at least, it is truly renewable ... but it is also more restrictive ...
Last edited by Christophe the 20 / 01 / 08, 18: 35, 1 edited once.
0 x
zepokpok
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by zepokpok » 16/01/08, 11:27

ha thank you bcp it's nice to answer :)

I will go through your link quickly to document :)

concerning my installation it includes 8 consoles (also called splits I think?) and 2 PAC (4 splits by PAC apparently), for a big house. so the price may be realistic (I hope not ...)

otherwise I am open to any good idea to save money and limit my carbon footprint! if you have something to offer me do not hesitate i am all ears. wood boiler can be?

we thought of an insertive if not with many mouths but we still need the boiler to take over what ...

thanks again
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 16/01/08, 11:57

I live with my friend and my daughter in an old house we bought in April and since November we have already swallowed more than 1500 liters of fuel. the time of the third full 750 euros approach soon, it becomes complicated to provide: - /

Now, we must be careful when buying a house that is properly isolated!

The good solution would not be to try to sell the house and find a new apartment or a newer detached house.

1500 euros (or more) in 2 months, it's HEAVY.

Frankly I do not know if it's worth it to change the way of heating, because the house is not isolated. The 1ère thing to do is ISOLATE, in order:

1 - Ceilings and / or under-roofing.

2 - Watertight doors and windows.

3 - Double glazing.

4 - Walls (but beware of thermal bridges (junction between slabs and walls) by which heat exchanges with the outside can be important.

The solution: build or buy a small house well insulated wood frame ....... and it will be much better for heating!
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/01/08, 12:08

zepokpok wrote:otherwise I am open to any good idea to save money and limit my carbon footprint! if you have something to offer me do not hesitate i am all ears. wood boiler can be?

Same comment as Jean63, without entering the extremism of a change of housing!

What about your insulation? There may be improvements to be made on that side, no?

Here are thicknesses of insulation recommended by the RT2005. Can you compare to what you have?

We are getting up to this side (finally where it's possible): I ordered some insulation to have an 6.5 R about lost roofs...
0 x
zepokpok
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by zepokpok » 16/01/08, 12:10

thank you for your answer, but the house is beautiful, we have lots of wooded grounds, outbuildings, and a certain cachet, it is not planned to return to an apartment, it comes already :D

otherwise we have changed all the windows this summer and we renovate piece by piece. the insulation in the attic will be done as and when the renovation of the electrical system :)

and technically it is currently 1500 liters since October / November.

concrete alternative proposals? wood ? the gas ?

merci!

edit: ok christophe sorry we had to post almost at the same time :)
I know that the most economical heating is the one that we do not spend but the insulation will be done gradually, the fact remains that for us the fuel is to be banned in our design of heating :)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/01/08, 12:36

zepokpok wrote:the insulation in the attic will be done as and when the renovation of the electrical system :)

Uh I don't really see the relationship between the 2 works (ah you may want to pass the cables through the attic ... but insulation in rolls is very easily "movable" so pkoi wait) ... but I think thata good insulation of the attic you would earn much faster than a change of boiler ...

Other: put the insulation in absolute priority!

zepokpok wrote:and technically it is currently 1500 liters since October / November.

For how many square meters and inhabitants?

zepokpok wrote:edit: ok christophe sorry we had to post almost at the same time :)
I know that the most economical heating is the one that we do not spend but the insulation will be done gradually, the fact remains that for us the fuel is to be banned in our design of heating :)

Ok it's not too "(eco) logical" a priori what I'm going to say but a good fuel boiler is as good as bad wood heating (chimney for example, yield of 15%, and price of wood that fly ...) ...but especially a heat pump powered by, for example, a power station fuel or coal (rare in France but it exists) ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/01/08, 12:48

This link should interest you: comparative price of heating types
0 x
zepokpok
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by zepokpok » 16/01/08, 13:35

yes I visited this link (and even the previous one actually) before posting, thank you :)

it also gives a net price advantage to the cap not?
or I misinterpret ..

indeed we intended to blow our insulation into the attic, over the electrical sheathing. or deposit hemp that has previously been "inflated" by hand. so it may be difficult to isolate in these conditions?
the roller is not the most efficient I think side insulation? (It's a little what they put before and when I see the state today it's scary).

1500 liters for 2 adults and a little bit of 5 just months :)
side m ² one turns around 200 on the ground and 70 on the floor.

I bounce on your last sentence, what would you do? if I understand correctly, the wood is not profitable unless it is cut yourself? no PAC either?

thank you again for all your answers, that's how I go :)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/01/08, 13:51

zepokpok wrote:it also gives a net price advantage to the cap not? or I misinterpret ..

Touafé ...except that these figures do not take into account investment or maintenance... I will put it more forward!

In your case, for example, it is only after 13 years at best that you can hope to gain something compared to the oil ...

zepokpok wrote:indeed we intended to blow our insulation into the attic, over the electrical sheathing. or deposit hemp that has previously been "inflated" by hand. so it may be difficult to isolate in these conditions?
the roller is not the most efficient I think side insulation? (It's a little what they put before and when I see the state today it's scary).

No, the only difference between panels, rolls and bulk is packaging and laying, for the same thickness it is strictly (2 or 3%) similar to the thermal level ...

zepokpok wrote:1500 liters for 2 adults and a little bit of 5 just months :)
side m ² one turns around 200 on the ground and 70 on the floor.

270 m² anyway ... 1500 L for 2 months is it?
It's roughly 5000L a year? Let 50 000 kwh be 185 kWh Gross energy per m² and without electricity ...

A modern house should be around the 120, see:
https://www.econologie.com/dpe-diagramme ... -3561.html

zepokpok wrote:I bounce on your last sentence, what would you do? if I understand correctly, the wood is not profitable unless it is cut yourself? no PAC either?

No, I say that you have to see a heating system as a whole: overall efficiency, investment, cost of fuel, maintenance and convenience ... No salesman will make this overall assessment for you because he has an interest in selling you his solution ... which is necessarily THE best ...

There is no quick fix ... and the best energy is the one you do not spend ... (insulation)

zepokpok wrote:thank you again for all your answers, that's how I go :)

You're welcome forum it's done for that ... if you want to help the site a little more you can take a ride on the Book: Cheesy:
0 x