Econologis of energy efficient housing in Quebec

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/01/08, 14:35

bham wrote:Ah phew, you reassure me.
So if I go back to my pricing calculations, it comes down to:
6,43 € / m2 in 30cm thickness is 21,43 € / m3
I think it's about the same price as in France, isn't it?
Christophe?

Uh no I paid 39 € / m3 which is still almost double ... but as kk1 said in another thread (you ??) you have to see the average density of cellulose .. .l'air ca not very expensive ...
0 x
MethodTack
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by MethodTack » 25/01/08, 23:11

all I can tell you is that cellulose loses on average 11% of its volume after 24 hours of installation (in an attic only)

Otherwise we compact it to the maximum if it is between the trusts (beam?) We inject until the blowers (air compressors) start to force!
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 26/01/08, 07:22

Christophe wrote:
bham wrote:Ah phew, you reassure me.
So if I go back to my pricing calculations, it comes down to:
6,43 € / m2 in 30cm thickness is 21,43 € / m3
I think it's about the same price as in France, isn't it?
Christophe?

Uh no I paid 39 € / m3 which is still almost double ... but as kk1 said in another thread (you ??) you have to see the average density of cellulose .. .l'air ca not very expensive ...

MethodTack wrote:Otherwise we compact it to the maximum if it is between the trusts (beam?) We inject until the blowers (air compressors) start to force!

Good Christophe, I think there is no photo.
If you consider that the wadding laid by MethodTack is blown at a density of about 60kg / m3, therefore at least 1 times more cotton wool per m3 than in your attic and that the price indicated by MethodTack is the price laid (can you confirm MethodTack?), I think the price in Quebec is not twice cheaper but probably 2 to ... 3 times cheaper?.

Say see MethodTack, you can't send us a whole container, a 40 inch if that's okay :D

Kidding aside if the price you give is the price laid, could you give us the price without the pose, just to screw us up?
it leaves a dream about the margins of intermediaries, given that the manufacturing cost must be roughly the same on both sides of the Atlantic.

Say Christophe, if you sell Quebecquoise cotton wool at 50% of the price in Europe, buy it right away.
Well I'm kidding but only half. In terms of transport, it's not great, even if the ecological impact of crossing the Atlantic compared to transport by truck from Austria to France, reduced by kg or m3 is perhaps not very different.
After that, there are customs formalities, various taxes but in Belgium, maritime transport is something that works well, once.
And then Pierre Amet did well in the purchasing group for APPER solar equipment for purchase in China in particular.
Why not study the question and make a purchasing group? Eh ?
And worse it would be a good snub to our trading system which is only taking advantage of the green wave.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/01/08, 08:24

A) bham, except unit error, it would not be too surprising this price difference: they have more drills in Canada than in all of Europe and here it seems that it is Austria which has the "monopoly" for the moment on the cotton wool so: transport - mass effect + intermediaries = additional cost which is not surprising ...

But the important thing is that it remains a reasonable price, and especially still almost 50% cheaper than its chemical equivalent, no?
https://www.econologie.com/forums/isolation- ... t4709.html
Bham, have you seen the latest calculation on this?

I'll give you yesterday's photos on this subject within the hour: https://www.econologie.com/forums/isoler-des ... t4708.html
which is more appropriate to talk about cellulose ...

B) For the group, it has been a long time since we mentioned it on the forums (I don't really know what about) but I think it's more trouble than anything else: it's easy to say, I want this stuff without ever paying and therefore screwing the other participants in the shit ... import from china I'm not even talking about the risk and the legal aspects ...

In short organize it if you want but out of the question that I oversee such a thing ...in the end if it is to gain 20% + the risks and not to support a local craftsman, is it really profitable?

ps: for settlement I would check in a few days, I must "go back" anyway!
0 x
MethodTack
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by MethodTack » 28/01/08, 07:28

Well, Bham! you saw right, these are the prices installed what I said! (We do not sell cellulose without installation)

I have been on the sites of merchants who sell cellulose in "bulk" and here is their price:

As an indication, adding a value of R-10 to the roof (at the attic) will cost you about 0,10 $ / sq ft of insulation material. (0,10 $ / square foot = 0.0674513 EUR / square foot

we also say on the website that their thermal resistance factor per inch varies from RSI-2,1 to RSI-3,6

1 Thumb = 2,54 cm : Lol:
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 28/01/08, 07:48

MethodTack wrote:Well, Bham! you saw right, these are the prices installed what I said! (We do not sell cellulose without installation)

I have been on the sites of merchants who sell cellulose in "bulk" and here is their price:

As an indication, adding a value of R-10 to the roof (at the attic) will cost you about 0,10 $ / sq ft of insulation material. (0,10 $ / square foot = 0.0674513 EUR / square foot

we also say on the website that their thermal resistance factor per inch varies from RSI-2,1 to RSI-3,6

1 Thumb = 2,54 cm : Lol:

Thanks MethodTack, so I'll take my head back: ouch, ouch, ouch.
When is it that you get started with metric measurements? :D
Otherwise, you can tell me the internet link of the site you are talking about.
0 x
MethodTack
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by MethodTack » 28/01/08, 08:11

We are already at metric measurements for a long time! but under construction (especially) we still speak the "old" language!

here is the site from which I took the info:
http://www.rona.ca/contenu/types-isolant-thermique_chauffage_chauffage-ventilation-climatisation_renovation-construction
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/01/08, 09:02

MethodTack wrote:As an indication, adding a value of R-10 to the roof (at the attic) will cost you about 0,10 $ / sq ft of insulation material. (0,10 $ / square foot = 0.0674513 EUR / square foot

1) R-10 = R from home of 10 / 5.64 = 1.77 i.e. a thickness of 1.77 * 0.04 = 7 cm or a volume of 70 L per m².

C ad in my case 370/70 = 5.28 m² per 370L bag at 14.28 € per bag. We therefore obtain a cost in my equivalent case of 14.28 / 5.28 = 2.70 € / m² NOT installed!

In your case: 1 square foot = roughly 0,11 m², or 9.18 square feet per m², hence a cost of 0.067 * 9.18 = 0.61 € / m² installed !!

I want to believe that work and cellulose cost less in Quebec but at this point it's really surprising well ... long live Europe ...

2) Otherwise MethodTack, have you seen my method for flocculating? https://www.econologie.com/forums/isoler-des ... t4708.html ? I even put a video : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
Last edited by Christophe the 28 / 01 / 08, 09: 08, 1 edited once.
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 28/01/08, 09:04

MethodTack wrote: We are already at metric measurements for a long time! but under construction (especially) we still speak the "old" language!

Oh well, you are resisting then! :D

Thank you ! I'll take a closer look.
Last edited by bham the 28 / 01 / 08, 09: 10, 1 edited once.
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 28/01/08, 09:09

Christophe wrote:
MethodTack wrote:As an indication, adding a value of R-10 to the roof (at the attic) will cost you about 0,10 $ / sq ft of insulation material. (0,10 $ / square foot = 0.0674513 EUR / square foot

1) R-10 = R from home of 10 / 5.64 = 1.77 i.e. a thickness of 1.77 * 0.04 = 7 cm or a volume of 70 L per m².

C ad in my case 370/70 = 5.28 m² per 370L bag at 14.28 € per bag. We therefore obtain a cost in my equivalent case of 14.28 / 5.28 = 2.70 € / m² NOT installed!

In your case: 1 square foot = roughly 0,11 m², or 9.18 square feet per m², hence a cost of 0.067 * 9.18 = 0.61 € / m² installed !!

I want to believe that work and cellulose cost less in Quebec but at this point it's really surprising well ...

Thanks Chris for doing some of the math for me. If you are not mistaken (I do not doubt it eh) well it messes the balls.
And you were kidding me when I said I wanted to buy it cheaper .... pfff!
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."