Econologis of energy efficient housing in Quebec

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

Econologis of energy efficient housing in Quebec

by Christophe » 16/01/08, 21:18

The info dates from early December 2007 and stumbled upon it!

Éconologis: energy efficiency for disadvantaged households

With the cold becoming more and more aggressive, the electricity bill sometimes tends to be salty. Window, doors and floors; the cold uses all the means at its disposal to infiltrate Quebec homes. But the situation can be remedied with the help of experts in energy efficiency. This allows you to stop shivering when the time comes to pay the heating bill.

2 other sources: here et leaves

André ca how is it in quebecois? Econologi or Econologisse? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 16/01/08, 23:23

Hello
the expression econologis

It's for economy in the home

In reality it is the poorest in the city, rent, who can not afford adequate insulation or the owner does not care the tenant pays the heating bill.

A cottage in the north heated with wood even weakly insulated you put some more logs ..
We are big consumers compared to you
27 000kw annually a small house.
The water costs 110 $ annullement, no meter, without regard to consumption.

Andre
0 x
MethodTack
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by MethodTack » 17/01/08, 05:39

Hi, I'm a brand new guy here, but I'm running;

Now there are "New Climate" standards which are very popular here! (attic R40, wall R25 + layer of 1/2 "of thermal sheet and I forget about it)

ps; I insulate houses with cellulose (recycled newspaper, playboy & ect : Cheesy: ) antivermine, and fireproof!

if you have questions, I am the expert on the subject!

: Cheesy:
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 17/01/08, 11:48

MethodTack wrote:Hi, I'm a brand new guy here, but I'm running;

Now there are "New Climate" standards which are very popular here! (attic R40, wall R25 + layer of 1/2 "of thermal sheet and I forget about it)

ps; I insulate houses with cellulose (recycled newspaper, playboy & ect : Cheesy: ) antivermine, and fireproof!

Hi the beautiful province.
What do you call R40? it is 40cm of insulation?
What is your thermal sheet? an aluminum foil?
You have a good start with cellulose. Since when do you put some to isolate in Quebec?
Is it treated with boron salt?
Glossy paper (playboy : Lol: ) is also used to make cellulose wadding?
How much does it cost for you?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/01/08, 11:57

In my opinion R40 is a thermal R of 40 in royal unit is a R of 40 / 5.64 = 7.1 in SI which is very consistent, here we recommend 6 to 6.5.

For conversion see: https://www.econologie.com/forums/isolation- ... t4374.html
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 17/01/08, 11:59

Christophe wrote:In my opinion R40 is a thermal R of 40 in royal unit is a R of 40 / 5.64 = 7.1 in SI which is very consistent, here we recommend 6 to 6.5.

For conversion see: https://www.econologie.com/forums/isolation- ... t4374.html

Oh yes, thank you.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/01/08, 11:59

MethodTack wrote:if you have questions, I am the expert on the subject! : Cheesy:

Yes Sir, I have one !!

We have just ordered 10 m3 bagged cellulose (30 bag). I heard here and there that without a flocculation machine it was not easy to place.

Would you have a method or advice to spread it as well as possible? Or rather, what are the things not to do and to respect?
0 x
MethodTack
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by MethodTack » 17/01/08, 17:08

bham wrote:
MethodTack wrote:Hi, I'm a brand new guy here, but I'm running;

Hi the beautiful province.
What do you call R40? it is 40cm of insulation? R40 = 12 cm thick, R30 is 10.5cm
What is your thermal sheet? an aluminum foil? I do not remember exactly (I only installed cellulose) but yes
You have a good start with cellulose. Since when do you put some to isolate in Quebec? His day can not answer you! but it's more than 2 years certain.
Is it treated with boron salt? yes, boric acid that we say here
Glossy paper (playboy : Lol: ) is also used to make cellulose wadding? yes, but our supplier has decided to change kind of paper (rather that of newspapers) it is the employers who use the playboy now : Lol:
How much does it cost for you?
it's .80 $ square foot in R35, and .90 $ square foot for R40

Christophe wrote:
MethodTack wrote:if you have questions, I am the expert on the subject! : Cheesy:

Yes Sir, I have one !!

We have just ordered 10 m3 bagged cellulose (30 bag). I heard here and there that without a flocculation machine it was not easy to place.

Would you have a method or advice to spread it as well as possible? Or rather, what are the things not to do and to respect?

it must be as much as possible in "dust" ... it must be as little as possible in a ball! that's all ... do not forget to put cardboard so that the cellulose does not block the ventilation holes on the cornices of the house. And if ever there is only a very small air pressure (a hole somewhere) you will see that your work will have been useless, the wool will catch in the wind and will flee in another corner.

what I do is that I cut the plastic and then on the long side of the compacted pocket, I slide my hand from left to right with a medium pressure, you will see it goes up all alone and make its dust

Good job!

PS: DOES A MASK !!! the dungeon that is doing it is scary!
0 x
Other

by Other » 17/01/08, 20:49

Hello

You work at Bénolec a StJulie?
Andre
0 x
MethodTack
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by MethodTack » 17/01/08, 22:05

Andre wrote:Hello

You work at Bénolec a StJulie?
Andre

no !, they are our suppliers in cellulose, but we install it! (with the machine that shreds everything)
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."