Which fast-growing tree species in a garden to have the equivalent of 0.5 to 1 stere of wood per year?

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: What fast-growing tree species in a garden to have the equivalent of 0.5 to 1 stere of wood per year?

by Ahmed » 11/12/23, 20:25

On certain points such as fruit trees, but here it is with the aim of "growing wood"... 8)
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

Re: What fast-growing tree species in a garden to have the equivalent of 0.5 to 1 stere of wood per year?

by Christophe » 11/12/23, 20:29

It’s always better than “pushing you to drink”!!!

Hey guy!!! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 11/12/23, 20:33

Don't make a mistake with the conjugations... : Wink:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/12/23, 16:42

There was no mistake! : Mrgreen:

Well, here I am, I did some maintenance pruning on the Robin trees as well as on the fruit trees:

- removal of (small) trunk stems
- removal of stems that touch each other
- removal of "internal" stems
- removal of stems that go downward

Otherwise I believe that the nursery made a mistake on a plan of "Robiniers" because it has no thorns...I presume it is a poplar...I will check with the foliage in spring...
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 12/12/23, 17:34

If you have beavers, don't expect anything in the long term.
I cut a branch high up that was preventing me from fishing above the water hole. The size of a forearm and 3/4m. I swung there after the water hole and 3 days later. The piece had strangely gone up 10m against the current with no bark and it was impossible to fish. And I had to throw her into the thickets.
20m higher there is a huge poplar tree where the beaver comes to teethe every 15 days.

So I collect the pieces of boxwood that he leaves debarked. He is not alone higher in the river nor lower
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/12/23, 17:43

The (well "my") beavers don't go more than 2 or 3 m from the bank...

The only Robin tree that I planted in this area has never been attacked: not sure that they like Robin trees, let alone thorns...Their data is willows and poplars!
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 12/12/23, 17:54

They especially like what has a bark that is good to eat and nothing stops them in their devastating aim to search above. That's why they cut down the tree.
It's like Jerusalem artichokes in the river which only attract wild boars. At least they forget yours next to the source. But if the chickens fall on it, it's Baghdad down : Mrgreen: if a nozzle passes at that moment
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/12/23, 15:36

Photos after pruning and (don't mess around) clearing in places:

robiners est.jpg

It's still crazy the diversity of growth, these 3 plants were planted at the same time (same size), are of the same species, same soil, same orientation...

I think it's a bit like human brains (some will never mature)... : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

robiners is 2.jpg

I also replanted outside which were in the greenhouse and which above all created upper branches which go in all directions (a Harry plotter type tree? : Mrgreen: ), I haven't pruned them to see what it will look like when it comes back this spring...

robiners greenhouse.jpg
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 16/12/23, 17:17

What worries me is an engineer of your level counting twigs
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/12/23, 17:43

Pffff...the other one there!

I'm not counting twigs, I'm planning logs in the medium term! : Mrgreen:
0 x