3G mobile Internet, someone uses? Experience?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 02/10/09, 13:22

You're sure ? : Cheesy:
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/10/09, 13:28

Uh not on at all ... but what I'm sure is that teens are much too spoiled now in mobile technology toys ...

But the worst thing is that at the same time, parents are crying to buy a salad at 1.5 € ... and therefore do not buy it! : Evil:

Here is a practical illustration of these spoiled youngsters!

When we were at SFR take the subscription, a girl of 14-15 years came with her mother!

This kid wanted to have her cell phone "exchanged" (a beautiful model, something like 150 or 200 € without subscription) because it had some ... scratches !! No, but what arrogance !! A slap and in bed yeah! Fortunately the daughter of SFR found the right words and took the opportunity to refourgue him a protection at 15 €! : Cheesy:

No but!
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 02/10/09, 14:12

Why "young people" ????

The others never play (or so scrabble with their grandmother), clean their machines regularly so as not to have to multiply hard disks, do not fill their shelves with burnt DVDs with downloaded bullshit that they will not watch never, never change phones "because when you turn the device 90 °, the screen also rotates, it's so cool!", etc etc.

: Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/10/09, 14:17

Yes, but the "others" pay their own gear ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 02/10/09, 14:18

+ + + +

: Lol:
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 02/10/09, 14:58

Meowuuuuu : Lol:
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/02/10, 16:54

Here after a few months of use of SFR 3G, frankly it's not bad.

For example, I tested in the train (TER) in the countryside also and it worked (very slowly but it worked).

However, I noticed something: 3G pumps the network "dead".

That is to say that you go from "Max network" to almost "Min network" with a nearby phone when the 3G grinds :)

If there are 2 3G connections on the same relay in the bush, you can forget!

I tested on the highway in the countryside too, same remark as in the train.

In town, it is dumping but I still have not managed to get our access codes for the hotspot SFR Wifi (no answer on the hotline :( )
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 18/02/10, 19:46

I have almost the same config as you since 1 years
Samsung NC10 (bought separately, and without a SIM reader)
SFR 3G package with USB key
By cons I have a price adjustable volume: You can stay connected hours, all day if you want, as the volume of data exchanged remains low it does not cost you much. Me who especially took for the chat (msn and company) it suits me very well, because I saw myself not pay the duration as at the time of the good old modem RTC 56k
For surfing I deactivated all that eat bandwidth (and therefore that crickets the package at high speed V) images, flash, automatic update, etc ...

So that's 12 month that I have it, and I almost never exceeded the initial package (25 € / month for 50Mo I think)
It's true that in the city (covered 3G-UMTS or 3G + HSPDA) it's going fast, we're not far from an ADSL 8 mega connection. On the other hand in open country when one is only in 2G (EDGE) one would be thought to have fallen back to the time of the 56K
And I do not even talk about GPRS : Cheesy:

On the other hand be careful not to connect in Roaming (use of the network of another operator, at SFR one can also use the one of Orange) because it can smooth invoice level.
Same problem in border use, be careful not to "hang" the network of the neighboring country because it is even worse.
I had the opportunity to use it in Germany during a professional trip, it was something like 25 € the day (24h connection included) and that from the first second, despite the use of the network vodafone (of which SFR is a part)
Suffice to say that I did not connect every day (but hey, the wifi at the hotel was also 25 € the day)

The NC10 is a real gem.
Do not ask him stuff too heavy, but for the net or the burreautique it's going very well.
I work regularly with Word documents on more than 100 pages (only text by cons) it is doing very well. In addition the keyboard is very nice (that's why I chose it)
Only the touch-pad is a little small, to work with it is better to connect a mouse.
The great autonomy, like 5h without worries, and almost 8h saving in depth.
I've had it for over a year now, I often carry it around in my backpack, and it's still almost like new.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 18/02/10, 19:56

Oh yes, something since Christophe speaks about it.
The Auto-plus newspaper did a study about mobile phone use in the car.
They measured the "power" of waves emitted by GSM telephones in use in a car. Even if the measuring device chosen is perhaps not the one that measures the waves (supposedly) the most harmful to the organism (they recognize it themselves) the results obtained allow to get an idea of ​​this that is happening.

So, already inside a car stopped, because of Faraday cage effect, the mobile is obliged to increase the power of emmission to compensate for losses.
And it worsens even more while driving, because of the displacement a mobile increases even more the transmission power to succeed in "following" the relay.
So we eat a lot more (I know the proportion) wave inside a moving car.
It is the same in the train.
So if you believe in the harmfulness of mobile phone waves, you know what you have to do (or rather not do)
0 x