CO2 in the atmosphere: ca rises faster than expected

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Christophe

CO2 in the atmosphere: ca rises faster than expected

by Christophe » 29/05/07, 15:24

According to two recently published studies, CO2 emissions have increased rapidly in recent years and carbon sinks appear to be less efficient than expected. The level of carbon in the atmosphere is worrying.

Several recently published scientific studies have shown a worrying rate of CO2 in the atmosphere. This rate is the result of two phenomena: CO2 emissions and the absorption of greenhouse gases by carbon sinks such as forests or oceans. However, according to an international collaboration involving the Pierre Simon Laplace Institute for Climate and Environment Sciences (LSCE / IPSL), CO2 emissions of fossil fuels have increased faster than expected. These analyzes are the result of a collaboration of economists, carbon cycle and emissions experts, gathered around the Global Carbon Project and the subject of an article published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. . Based on global energy consumption, scientists reveal that CO2 emissions from the use of fossil fuels, the main cause of global warming, have accelerated from 1,1% per year in the 90 to 3% per year for the period 2000 to 2005.

In total, 7,9 billion tons of carbon were emitted globally into the atmosphere in 2005, compared to only 6 billion tons in 1995. Each person in Australia and the United States now emits more than 5 tons of carbon per year, for 1,9 ton in France, while in China, this figure is only 1 ton per year. Since the beginning of the industrial revolution, the United States and Europe have accounted for more than 50% of total global emissions accumulated over two centuries ago. China, meanwhile, represents less than 8%.
Most disturbing is that this increase in CO2 emissions is more alarming than the worst-case scenario adopted by the International Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which suggests serious consequences for climate and climate change. impacts on ecosystems.

The following: http://www.actu-environnement.com/ae/ne ... _2743.php4
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 29/05/07, 15:37

As long as the bunch of morons who govern the world will not stop swearing only by the growththere is no reason for emissions to slow down.

P $ * # AIN, but it's still not complicated to understand that, just know how to make an addition !!!

Economic growth = GHG growth
PERIOD

And it is not the pitiful pretending renewable that will lie this equality before long given the credits they are given.

The survival of the human race goes through decay. It can be sweet and friendly if we start gradually now or brutal and imposed if we expect to have exceeded the limits of our biosphere.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/05/07, 15:47

I do not totally agree...

I think we should add: economic growth "based on the depletion of fossil resources" ... ecological growth is possible, isn't it?
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 29/05/07, 16:01

Christophe wrote:econological growth is possible no?

Not in the heads of our leaders.

In the current attitude, the "growth"goes through waste, waste and planned obsolescence of products.

In addition, I ask a question: why the "growth"?
It's used for ? and then, for what?

Me what I see growing the most today (besides GHGs and temperatures), it is the dividends of shareholders, the inequalities between rich and poor ...

Let's sit down for a moment and think about what "growth"apart from a hazy concept that economists invented for us, supposed to solve all problems.

The only interesting growth to be measured is the happiness of peoples.

For more than half a century, we have been able to believe that GDP growth was the real factor of progress.
So much so that even the most left-wing elements of the political landscape do not question this indicator.

We can not move in the right direction as long as we follow the needle of the tachometer rather than that of the compass.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/05/07, 16:07

You tell me the words of mouth today Targol !! What did you eat? : Cheesy:

Otherwise, there are "alternative" indicators as you say (taking into account social aspects for example) I will see on google if I find ...

ps: our leaders are not eternal ... : roll:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/05/07, 16:15

Ah well here, on the key word: "indicator of well being" we find: http://www.ptolemee.com/dares/SHARPE.pdf
http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/17/17/37883038.pdf

http://www.oecd.org/document/56/0,2340, ... 19,00.html gives the different indicators:

Context Indicators:
GE1. National income per capita
GE2. Demographic dependency ratio
GE3. Fertility rate
GE4. Foreigners and foreign-born population
GE5. Weddings and divorces

Indicators of autonomy:
SS1. Employment
SS2. Unemployment
SS3. Unemployed households
SS4. Working mothers
SS5. Non-employment benefits
SS6. Social minima
SS7. Level of education
SS8. Retirement age
SS9. Inactivity of young people

Equity Indicators:
EQ1. Poverty
EQ2. Inequality of income
EQ3. Poverty of children
EQ4. Income of the elderly
EQ5. Public social expenditure
EQ6. Private social expenditure
EQ7. Total social expenditure
EQ8. Old age pension
EQ9. Pension promise

Health Indicators:
HE1. Life expectancy
HE2. Life expectancy corrected for health
HE3. Infant mortality
HE4. Total health expenditure
HE5. Long-term care

Indicators of social cohesion:
CO1. Subjective well-being
CO2. Social isolation
CO3. Participation in community life
CO4. Teenage births
CO5. Narcotic use and resulting deaths
CO6. suicides
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 29/05/07, 18:33

It's funny, why nobody uses this one: "EQ2. Income inequality" ... uhh note, for this one too, we are in full growth !!!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/05/07, 18:39

Targol wrote:It's funny, why nobody uses this one: "EQ2. Income inequality" ... uhh note, for this one too, we are in full growth !!!

Uh it's not one or the other ... from what I understood these are sub indicators allowing the OECD to create a global indicator of "well-being" ... 'to find the results ...

: Shock:
0 x
fpignet
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fpignet » 02/06/07, 11:58

fully agree with Targol

everything is said in his signature

how do people who say they are evolved can not or do not want to understand ??

the first are morons the second of the idiotic assassins

Simple and effective action to defend the planet!

If you think that to continue to pollute is a CRIME against future humanity
In other words, infanticide
As the scientists of the planet say loud and clear
If you think we can not do much ...

So know that you have the most effective weapon of all:
Your choice of consumer

Yes imagine that millions of citizens of the planet stop consuming products (auto, computer, drink, food) and services (Internet access, telephony, tourism, cinema) Americans (24% of greenhouse gas pollution 1er polluter in the world)
The US would be forced to ratify the Kyoto Protocol they refuse to sign

Let's not count on our policies stuck between their media image and their dependence on multinationals that really govern us
Examples:
Everyone knows that the war in Iraq (without the agreement of the UN) was sponsored by the oil companies

Everyone knows that GMOs are dangerous for health but do not hurt the profits of US agribusiness groups

Mad cow was also a serious illness spread by profit

TOTAL, 7 years ago, has seriously polluted our coasts and still has not paid anything!

How long are we going to be governed by ASSASSINS?

While the real power we have it is the choice to consume clean products made in respect of nature
The client is king ! it's us kings!

So if you think it's an effective solution I simply ask you
To circulate this idea of ​​Boycotte (by Internet or any other means) of American products and services.
And no longer to buy made in USA, until the ratification of the Kyoto protocol.

France has proved in 1789 that angry people are stronger than anything

May the people of the world act: it is high time!

A citizen of the apolitical land
Fred

PS: it seems that Bush makes proposals for GHG but not before the end 2008 he must sign Kyoto immediately!
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 02/06/07, 18:15

welcome, fpignet!

you said:

While the real power we have it is the choice to consume clean products made in respect of nature
The client is king ! it's us kings!

Sorry, just read my signature below: it's not us who have the money, some of us just earn enough to keep working.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be