CO2 in the atmosphere: ca rises faster than expected

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
delnoram

by delnoram » 02/06/07, 18:51

elephant wrote:
Sorry, just read my signature below: it's not us who have the money, some of us just earn enough to keep working.

True elephant, this power, we have it, but we do not all have equal "power" and above all it is shared between several millions of individuals whose interests and will are not the same.
The real power is to maintain an attraction to consumption by even trying to pass it off as a vital need and to play on the division in order to avoid an overly "powerful" citizen power.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
fpignet
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fpignet » 03/06/07, 19:38

YES elephant even if you have little purchasing power
you still have the choice not to consume American (for the moment in computer science it's already hard)
no coke no Mc Do (plus it's bad for health)

Delnoram is right we do everything to break the strength of the citizen (consumer) by washing his brain (media, TV etc.)

By his purchases the consumer really acts it is he who rotates the system

react!
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 03/06/07, 20:16

fpignet wrote:By his purchases the consumer really acts it is he who rotates the system
react!

Exactly, to this detail, it is very difficult to mobilize a lot of people.
As suggested here elephant this power remains very random.
Last edited by delnoram the 04 / 06 / 07, 17: 09, 1 edited once.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"

"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
fpignet
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fpignet » 04/06/07, 08:21

YES Delnoram, just the first message to pass is that the consumer has the greatest power (more than politics) contrary to what many think saying but what can we do ??
The boycott is a very effective weapon on condition of solidarity and awareness
A large majority of parents think about the future of their children ...

I only see this solution to stop the massacre

The communist system has to show its limits capitalism is showing its own (but it is very dangerous for the planet)
The worst being China, which made a mix of these two systems.
Let's find a balance by curbing growth (so pollution) before being in the middle

Pass this message consciences should wake up I dare to believe ... ..

Fred
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 04/06/07, 14:35

And it's not ready to improve ...

China does not intend to sacrifice its development in the fight against global warming
Beijing made public its first plan to fight climate change on Monday, June 5. Its key word: "harmony". Harmony between the necessary fight against global warming and China's "development strategies", which remain the regime's priority. “The priorities of a developed country are reliable development and the eradication of poverty,” reads this White Paper, the first official Chinese document to integrate the issues of global warming.

No binding goal in this plan. The document advocates, for example, focusing on energy saving measures, on adapting agriculture to new climatic constraints and on reforestation, but does not set a quantified target for these measures. .

Heavily dependent on coal, Beijing is expected to overtake the United States, this year or next, as the world's largest emitter of carbon dioxide, the main industrial greenhouse gas.

RESPONSIBILITY OF DEVELOPED COUNTRIES

"Even if we have not set a specific target for reducing CO2, our overall goal of saving energy is unequivocal," Ma Kai, Minister in charge, assured Monday at a press conference. of the National Commission for Reform and Development (CNRD), the main body for economic planning.

The White Paper also notes that it is the developed countries that must take responsibility for global warming since they are responsible, according to Ma Kai, for 95% of CO2 emissions "from industrialization to 1950" and 77% of " 1950 to 2000 ".
The publication of the plan comes two days before the opening of the G8 summit in Germany, attended by Chinese President Hu Jintao, during which global warming will be widely discussed. The main emerging countries - Brazil, Mexico, China, India and South Africa - were invited to the summit as part of a broader dialogue.

source: LeMonde.fr
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: CO2 in the atmosphere: it rises faster than expected

by the middle » 04/06/07, 14:58

Christophe wrote:Most disturbing is that this increase in CO2 emissions is more alarming than the worst-case scenario adopted by the International Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which suggests serious consequences for climate and climate change. impacts on ecosystems.

We're all going to die.
But I have a friend who sells coffin at a good price. : Lol:
What must happen will happen...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/06/07, 15:08

lejustemilieu wrote:We're all going to die.

Ben it's not a scoop :D
The question is rather to know: pkoi, when and how ... :|
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 05/06/07, 07:49

Christophe wrote:
lejustemilieu wrote:We're all going to die.

Ben it's not a scoop :D
The question is rather to know: pkoi, when and how ... :|

My beautiful daughter, who has very little money to do her university studies, to eat, to dress, regularly asks me the following question (when she is "depressed")
BUT, WHAT IS THE SENSE OF LIFE?
She tells me "I work like crazy, and everything I do, everything I learn, everything, I'm going to lose it, even my parents!"
Each time, I have no valid answer to give it ....
When I think that the subject's title is CO2 ... and now I'm talking about the meaning of life ... :D
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 21/06/07, 22:50

Targol wrote:And it's not ready to improve ...

[size = 18 [...] The White Paper also notes that it is the developed countries that must take responsibility for global warming since they are responsible, according to Ma Kai, for 95% of CO2 emissions "from industrialization to 1950 "and 77% from" 1950 to 2000 ". [...].
[...]
On this point, they are right, and even doubly ... If the "developed countries" manage to force themselves to radically reduce their CO2 emissions while maintaining an appreciable level of comfort, China will follow very quickly ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 22/06/07, 15:01

I agree with fpignet on some points:
The consumer has the power to dictate his will to multinationals!

A colleague said to me: "It's rubbish, we are forced to change phones every year [...] it's a waste [...]".
But who buys the phones ?? they are not forced into his pocket!

If nobody bought a phone before it broke down (you can not buy it at all, but that's another debate :D ), there would be a lot less mess!

So let's consume citizen!

Where I diverge from fpignet is that it is not only American companies that must be "punished"! (one of the proofs is embodied by Total, right?).

So it is true that it is not easy to convince everyone. But citizen consumption associated with lobbying our political candidates and / or elected officials can advance the scmilblick little by little! (a little email from time to time, it doesn't eat much bread) In any case, let's stop sheltering behind "they're doing worse so I'm doing nothing"! Any action can be effective in the long term since "small streams make great rivers" :D

A +

Indy
0 x