Migration to phpBB2 phpBB3.1. Explanations of the new features ...

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Migration to phpBB2 phpBB3.1. Explanations of the new features ...

by izentrop » 25/05/16, 09:52

the last 15 messages on the welcome of forums now only display topics that you have NOT READ YET
Ah OK !, that answers the question I asked in another subject that I can not find to correct it.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 25/05/16, 11:14

Christophe wrote:Update: the last 15 messages on the welcome of forums now only display topics that you have NOT READ YET

A bit chaotic ... Let me explain:
Because you can not choose the subjects you want. It is then necessary to remember which section was the thread to find it. Useless punishment.
The reason is that just 15 last messages are not enough, the desired messages (followed) are not necessarily displayed because the choice is random compared to its own habits / choices.

So instead, we can have a whole list of topics that do not interest us, and we must not believe that users will all type them. :P
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/05/16, 11:27

There is the search engine to find a subject ... and this link: new-messages.html

I think it works well to see more subject, in 10 minutes I went back over 10 days ...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 25/05/16, 12:39

This link new-messages.html only gives the last 10.

It was the last 150 messages. It would weigh down the homepage, it's a problem to restore them in a separate link?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/05/16, 13:30

I have been looking for hours a solution ... there is no extension that allows it on this version of forums.

By cons I can create a page with the RSS feed that can display a configurable number of recent messages: feed.php

Be careful these are the messages and not the subjects ... so you can find 25 messages of the same subject.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 25/05/16, 21:30

if you want to put unread messages it may be of interest, but do not put in last post titles posted to the host suite!

last messages posted and unread messages it's not the same thing

"home of forums and last message posted "this is an example of a title with too many words ... home that is enough ... add last message posted is useless and false since it is not the last messages but unread messages

so that everyone understands the difference we must find 2 button to click with message unread and new message and that everyone can use the one he wants

to put in front of the reception the message unread is not useless, but it is useless to put it in the title to the continuation of reception if there is button unread message and new message to go there directly
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 25/05/16, 22:58

Christophe wrote:I disabled the ability to change the theme by members in their profile: as I started to improve the default one, it's too heavy to handle multi-theme ... anyway the default theme was used by 99% of members.

Sorry chatelot, I know you liked one of the others.

the preference I had for a certain theme was not aesthetic: there were buttons that are not on the current theme ... for example see my messages, which can easily find his last message to edit them when there is still time

without this posiblility to easily find his message fare of haurtograf will remain definitively
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 25/05/16, 23:21

that's it, in just 4 months, is the engine of the forum "How to take water" by dint of non-standard hacks?

I managed a forum at one time, I left it as the phpBB developers had created it without strictly touching anything, especially not, I did not even take the French version already bug in translation ...!

But in this case, it worked tip top.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/05/16, 23:41

chatelot16 wrote:if you want to put unread messages it may be of interest, but do not put in last post titles posted to the host suite!

Okay I'll think about it, the concern is that this new option only works for connected members.
The title should therefore ideally different for visitors and members ...

Obamot wrote:that's it, in just 4 months, is the engine of the forum "How to take water" by dint of non-standard hacks?

Blablabla ... heho It's not only YOU and YOUR NOTICE who count eh ... for now is that you complain ... but you complain so much that it looks like it counts for 10 members! It's heavy!! Very!!

Do we have time to test ok? If more genes than advantage, I would put back as before.

Tomorrow I reflect on the page of 150 last messages ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 25/05/16, 23:55

I also complain ... if you want to show unread message you have to call it unread message ... if you call it recent message it's a lie and confusion ... and you stir the knife in the wound with the "welcome and last messages posted"

if it behaves differently for the connected and not connected it is even worse, there are some who will not understand the difference

2 needs different stuff with different titles that appear for the connected and the connected name, which is frankly different so we do not confuse them
0 x