Convert a solar DHW tank (or fuel oil) into a thermodynamic water heater with a small swimming pool heat pump

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Christophe

Re: Transform a solar DHW tank (or fuel oil) into a thermodynamic water heater with a small swimming pool heat pump

by Christophe » 16/12/23, 13:32

Cool finally a candidate to reproduce my montage!! It's party !! 8) 8) 8)

The heat pump exchanger is made of PVC and titanium (it seems to me): it must resist chlorine or other strongly oxidizing products that can be found in a swimming pool... So a priori it is waterproof to O2. ..

I don't use any other pipes from the pool heat pump, the rest is done using traditional plumbing.

Just make sure to take flexible fittings with BAO (if you plan to use them)...the price difference is small...
0 x
jean_le_preux_
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Transform a solar DHW tank (or fuel oil) into a thermodynamic water heater with a small swimming pool heat pump

by jean_le_preux_ » 18/12/23, 11:42

Thank you, this confirms that it is worth doing the circuit with the oxygen barrier.
I'm in the middle of a renovation so I'll try to get results in the coming weeks.
I wonder if there are pool heat pumps that consistently go up to 45 degrees (perhaps those specialized for spas). This would be interesting for comfort but it is also a recommended minimum temperature for storage in balloons (legionella).
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/12/23, 12:38

Um, all circuits should ideally be with BAO, right?

For the max temp, even thermodynamic water heaters have a resistive complement...so the thermodynamic cycle has an upper limit.

You should find out what T° the compressor operates up to (this must be between 40 and 45°C)

No legionella problem in my case since I only use it 4 months a year.

When it resumed this year, in the first cycles the heat pump rose to more than 40°C on the display. I didn't really understand what happened, the compressor continued to run but not the fan (like when it defrosts...a bug?).

At that moment, I saw 44°C on the display.

So there is surely some electronic tinkering to be done at this level?
0 x