Solar: Jean Luc Perrier, solar hydrogen production

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Solar: Jean Luc Perrier, solar hydrogen production

by Ahmed » 01/11/21, 17:15

Remundo, you say:
What meant Bossel by this percussive sentence, it is that indeed, we need MOVEMENT (in clear mechanical energy) and that to persist in boring oneself with hydrogen of catastrophic yield in the matter is stupid.

If I have experienced a violent (sic!) Need to tease you by modifying its slogan, it is because I agree with this observation of a dubious hydrogen sector, but that I find its point of view very limited and that it would also be advisable to question the validity of this energy addiction. In particular by this call for biofuels which are content to fictitiously circumvent the problem (because they are supposed to be CO2 neutral, which is a vast hoax).
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 01/11/21, 17:47

(Ahmed "teases", now, ah the merry fellow, the loustic, the facetious !!!) : Mrgreen:
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 01/11/21, 17:52

Remundo wrote:thermolysis of organic waste, syngas then synthetic fuels: it is even more serious. Because we cannot mobilize only agricultural land for biofuels. It is necessary for this to use organic waste of all types.

In principle, I agree, it is technically possible. But do you have any idea of ​​the corresponding organic waste inventories and their production potential?
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/11/21, 18:04

Remundo wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Remundo wrote:and the lack of serious development of biofuels

Uh E85, E10 and B7 and B10 does that mean anything to you?

In France alone, that makes a few Olympic swimming pools in volumes of biofuels sold per year ... : Shock: : Shock:

for me a real serious development of biofuels, it is MAJORITY of biofuel and MINORITY of fossil fuels.

E5, E10, B7, B10 = interesting fantasy

E85, ED95, B100: it's serious.

thermolysis of organic waste, syngas then synthetic fuels: it is even more serious. Because we cannot mobilize only agricultural land for biofuels. It is necessary for this to use organic waste of all types.

Yes except that to have real biofuels almost "pure" (the Y100), it is necessary that the car park of Mr. Toutlemonde supports it ...

So I find that the Ex and Bx initiative with x in small proportion is not so bad at the moment.

There is little risk in saying that more ethanol is sold by volume over a year in E10 than in E85 and by a factor of at least 10 I guess ... if anyone wants to check ...

Now I have never seen a B100 pump at home otherwise I would test well on my old fuel oil! Same if B70 or B85 existed ...
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 01/11/21, 18:28

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Remundo wrote:thermolysis of organic waste, syngas then synthetic fuels: it is even more serious. Because we cannot mobilize only agricultural land for biofuels. It is necessary for this to use organic waste of all types.

In principle, I agree, it is technically possible. But do you have any idea of ​​the corresponding organic waste inventories and their production potential?

Yes in order of magnitude and in FRANCE

fuel consumption in France: 50 m000, taking a density of 0,8, that's 40 tons of fuel burned

Waste incineration in France : 7 tonnes

Sewage sludge : 1 ton / year

French household waste : 201 kg / inhabitant of organic nature: deposit 14 tons

Green waste : around 90 kg / year / inhabitant, potential 6 tonnes

Wood waste: 7 tonnes / year

here I am at 35 tonnes, close to the mark!

to this we could add agricultural and industrial waste of an organic nature: tires, plastics, shoe soles, leaves, fabrics, dead livestock, chipboard furniture, rotten frames, cardboard boxes, papers ... According to ADEME, household waste represents only 9% by mass of all waste: the 14 organic household tons could easily be over 000 tons / year.

In my opinion, there is enough to replace the TOTALITY of fossil fuels by recovering our organic waste.

And if in addition we hybridize the vehicle fleet, we have even more room to burn even less fuel (in my use with the GTE85 +; I divided my fuel consumption by 3).

But you have to have the WILL to do it ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 01/11/21, 18:39

Christophe wrote:Yes except that to have real biofuels almost "pure" (the Y100), it is necessary that the car park of Mr. Toutlemonde supports it ...

it is a question of technical will. Here is how to simply make all gasoline cars burn E100 (YES from E100)
Remundo on another forum wrote :My idea to burn E100 in all weathers is indeed a double injection
1) high pressure direct injection with ethanol
2) auxiliary petrol injection for starting; it could be single-point indirect for the sake of simplicity.

* with 2 well separated fuel circuits to avoid the problem of "pipe purges".
* 10L of gasoline reserve + 50L of ethanol for example, in separate tanks.

The advantage is that the gasoline reserve can be used when the ethanol is dry and allow to travel about 80 km, enough to find a station. The ethanol tank can be filled with any type of fuel (petrol SP95,98, E5,10, E85, E100) in any proportion the flexfuel calculator manages to adjust the richness according to the rise of the lambda sensor. .

Christophe wrote:So I find that the Ex and Bx initiative with x in small proportion is not so bad at the moment.

not bad at the moment, but not enough, we are too dependent on fossil fuels which come from our Big Friends in the Middle East.
There is little risk in saying that more ethanol is sold by volume over a year in E10 than in E85 and by a factor of at least 10 I guess ... if anyone wants to check ...

it is possible yes, but not the root of the problem.
Now I have never seen a B100 pump at home otherwise I would test well on my old fuel oil! Same if B70 or B85 existed ...

Old fuel oils don't have a sharp tongue and drink just about anything like oil as long as it doesn't congeal and is well filtered.

B100 is a specific fuel for captive fleets. B100 is made with rapeseed vegetable oils esterified with methanol.

You know, methanol is a cool thing. But don't drink it :P
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 01/11/21, 19:59

Remundo wrote:Yes in order of magnitude and in FRANCE

fuel consumption in France: 50 m000, taking a density of 0,8, that's 40 tons of fuel burned

Waste incineration in France : 7 tonnes

Sewage sludge : 1 ton / year

French household waste : 201 kg / inhabitant of organic nature: deposit 14 tons

Green waste : around 90 kg / year / inhabitant, potential 6 tonnes

Wood waste: 7 tonnes / year

here I am at 35 tonnes, close to the mark!

You are at 35.000.000 tonnes with 80% of the fleet .....
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 01/11/21, 20:08

sicetaitsimple wrote:You are at 35.000.000 tonnes with 80% of the fleet .....

You are 35 IQ with 80% bullshit and smugness.
1 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 01/11/21, 21:50

I thought I knew that natural hydrogen was scarce and yet

Natural hydrogen refers to the hydrogen existing on earth in its natural state, in the form of the hydrogen molecule (H2). In the 1970s, American researchers from Ifremer discovered emanations of this gas in the oceans. But with modest flows and located at a depth of more than 4 meters, these oceanic sources were of no interest to industrialists. In the mid-000s, however, other more important discoveries would revive natural hydrogen and put scientists in the wrong. They always thought that this resource could never emerge in the basements.

Many deposits have been unearthed in the United States, Russia and Mali. In the latter country, Petroma Inc, the company of Malian billionaire Aliou Diallo, has been using natural hydrogen since 2011 with a small production unit.
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 01/11/21, 21:58

And also that hydrogen does not pollute by burning and yet some scientists write that it can have harmful effects and contribute to the greenhouse effect.

https://www.h2-mobile.fr/actus/hydrogen ... ntifiques/
3 x