Solar: Jean Luc Perrier, solar hydrogen production

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
Christophe

Solar: Jean Luc Perrier, solar hydrogen production

by Christophe » 10/02/06, 15:08

Last edited by Christophe the 13 / 08 / 08, 21: 32, 7 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/02/06, 15:32

Apparently I have not looked well, here are some interesting (and fresh news from 2004):

http://m.you.free.fr/perrier.html

For those who make the technique smile (the style is not enough sun at home), know that the Earth receives every day the equivalent of 40 000 times the energy needs of humanity .... so it would be enough to exploit about 1 / 40 000 is 0.0025% to meet our needs ... It leaves dreamer no?

But here it is, the solar brings no money .... : Evil:

See the project Desertec
Last edited by Christophe the 13 / 08 / 08, 21: 24, 2 edited once.
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 10/02/06, 15:51

What a discovery these articles!

It is true that the war and the post-war had allowed to experiment clean and cheap techniques.

The truck between 1945 and 51 + the simca 1000 (I knew this car) equipped with hydrogen "solar", it's really incredible that nobody could be interested in that.

We would not be where we are on the warming today.

But by the way, do we know how he died this Jean-Luc Perrier? maybe "some" had an interest in him not living too long. : Evil:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 10/02/06, 16:56

There is some info too

At the time it could be revolutionary but today it seems normal. And there are plans for solar towers to make electricity in Spain, and one in construction in Australia (although they use air rather than water vapor)

On the other hand, it makes me think of a question. Why hydrogen vehicles are battery-based (which is not yet well managed) rather than conventional explosion vehicles such as LPG. Pb of returns I imagine or feasibility.
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 10/02/06, 17:43

She was walking with a cllassical explosion engine: that of this Simca 1000 on the same principle as with the lpg

Jean-Luc Perrier's solar oven (50 kw) could turn solar energy into hydrogen by electrolysis of water. The furnace heated water in its central focus, and the pressurized steam produced an electric generator needed for the process. A vehicle modified according to the principle of LPG equipment could thus turn by rejecting only water vapor. No calamine in the engine cylinders, longer service lifecould it interest who at the time? Builders, oil companies, so go!

THAT LOST TIME!

it's completely reminiscent of LPG with its tank tank, but LPG in liquid form is easy to get without much pressure, which may not be the case for oxygen?

Apart from the fact that it leaves only the steam at the exhaust; engines that run on LPG are also very clean. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 10/02/06, 17:46

To get the book, one may have to find who made this site and address it.

it would interest me to have it too.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/02/06, 18:05

jean63 wrote:it's really incredible that no one was interested in that.

Apparently there are some who are interested ... but apparently not to develop it! Yes it's incredible .... we still drive oil! : Cheesy:

jean63 wrote:But by the way, do we know how he died this Jean-Luc Perrier? maybe "some" had an interest in him not living too long. : Evil:

According to the "legend" it's a car accident ... or it's weird that it's the same day or the day before or tomorrow (nobody knows exactly) of the publication of his book. ...

nonoLeRobot wrote:There is some info too

At the time it could be revolutionary but today it seems normal. And plans for solar towers to make electricity there has been one in Spain, and one under construction in Australia (although they use air rather than water vapor).

There is nothing that changes fundamentally (steam or create a draft and electricity with sun) with the solar-steam plant except 1 stuff THAT EMMERDE BCP our leader: as the projects of the tower are gigantic therefore inaccessible to individuals ... as the perrier thing was accessible to individuals and thus finished the control and taxes .... and blah blah ... I will sabotage your brakes ...
Last edited by Christophe the 10 / 02 / 06, 18: 09, 1 edited once.
0 x
vincent27
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vincent27 » 11/02/06, 10:14

Even without a car (problem of standard, safety, ...), the idea of ​​producing solar hydrogen and being able to store enough of it helps to overcome the problem of solar energy, which is not a source that is sufficiently constant for to be used fluently.

However, it is necessary to find a simple and safe way to compress hydrogen in a bottle.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/02/06, 12:33

Exact for storage.

The solar plant should also take into account the costs of storing hydrogen.

Casually the storage of hydrogen can lose 50% of its environmental competitiveness compared to other propulsion technology. In particular the liquid storage (cryogenic) which is the EYE of all the solutions (same motor gasoline)

See the table on this page: https://www.econologie.com/piles-combustibles/
Last edited by Christophe the 14 / 08 / 06, 10: 32, 1 edited once.
0 x
pluesy
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by pluesy » 11/02/06, 21:06

I own the book of JL Perrier but I have it to a friend that I lost sight of since a few years.
If it is so rare that it ...
It may be worth it that I break my ass to find the friend and by the same the book ...

It's this book that set me up for the ecology

I bought 1983 and after reading it I was thinking of building turnkey solar power plants for the individual but it only remained a dream ... pity ...

I did not know that he was dead this dear jean luc ca damn me a shot of aprendre ...

I read his book at least a dozen times and since I've been praised it's true that I miss this book ...
It contained so much interresting information about energy ...

Promised I do everything to find the friend and especially the book to scan you the best pieces

in fact on the site http://m.you.free.fr/perrier.html/ the photos are in color me in the book that I bought in 1983 they are all black and white ya that the cover that is in color everything else is in black and white!
So the guy who set up the site had to have a special edition or so he's a close friend of jean luc and he could have the original photos.
Last edited by pluesy the 12 / 02 / 06, 12: 11, 3 edited once.
0 x

"There are only two infinite things, the universe and human stupidity ... but for the world, I have no absolute certainty."
[Albert Einstein]