Peugeot electric tailor-made rent

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Christophe

Re: Peugeot Electric Tailor-Made Rent

by Christophe » 30/04/23, 10:53

Forhorse wrote:
Remundo wrote:
whereas it is much more ecological to extend an old thermal than to scrap it and replace it with a lithium tank.

Always the same bogus argument...
Of course it's always better to extend the life of a vehicle that's already produced and running.
But nothing is forever.
When your old thermal car has been running for 25 years, it displays nearly 500.000 km on the odometer, it is on its third engine and the technical control is refused due to "perforating corrosion" what do you do?

In practice, how many combustion-powered cars that are still roadworthy have been replaced by electric cars? I would like to have figures that justify this argument read hundreds of times but never substantiated.

Phil just opened an interesting topic on car stats: electric-transport/the-car-its-movements-its-age-etc-t17476.html average km: 110 km... It's not much...

Remundo's argument is not bogus, it does not speak of eternal but of extending the lifespan as much as possible... Something that many people no longer do for "ease", "fashion and image" and power of purchase (of credit) sufficient to replace their car less than 10 years old...

This is the case with my neighbour...he changes his car every 5 years...for the most part...the same model! : Mrgreen:
1 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 30/04/23, 11:11

Christophe wrote:
This is the case with my neighbour...he changes his car every 5 years...for the most part...the same model! : Mrgreen:

And her 5-year-old car is going to be scrapped? or it will replace an older car (which may itself replace an even older car...)

The average age of the French fleet is increasing and you conclude that electric cars are being sent for scrapping thermal cars in running condition?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/04/23, 11:14

Not probably covers but it will not necessarily be resold and used immediately...

There are (mostly) premium garages in my area: no second-hand car for less than 25… : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

They don't go very fast : Cheesy:

I conclude nothing at all: I say that the average age is rather low... and that it is not progressing so much any more...
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 30/04/23, 11:21

It is certain that 100% of nuclear waste is attributable to electric cars... uh sorry nuclear cars suddenly...
for the share they occupy only, not that of other uses! But if you were following the subject, I am not AGAINST electric vehicles (very interesting and useful against thermal pollution IN cities) I am against the madness of wanting to do everything electric knowing that thermal vehicles only concern 25% of total pollution.
The bullshit you spout all the time on this forum (and probably elsewhere) therefore do not produce nuclear waste?
What the crap be more specific!
Insofar as nuclear represents a large part of the electricity produced, it goes without saying that all electricity users in France are partly "nuclear", elsewhere it will be electricity / coal, hydroelectric, even now in energy both electric and thermal renewables.
1 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 30/04/23, 11:36

And I say the argument that electric cars send roadworthy thermal cars to the junkyard is totally bogus.

In fact, it is simply a new car which replaces another, or puts an additional one into circulation. Whether electric or thermal does not change anything.

In one case, we have a CSP+ who has the means and the desire to change his car regularly (every year? every 5 years? whatever) and even if it is a behavior that can be criticized, he will do it despite everything, whether the car is thermal or electric.
Except that her old car is not going to be scrapped, far from it, it is necessarily taken back and resold.
It will then replace a car of a more modest motorist who also wants/needs to change car (some also change car very regularly, for the same reasons as our CSP+, but having more limited means, he does not buy only "recent" used cars)
This same replaced second-hand car will certainly not end up in the scrapyard either, it will feed a third-hand second-hand market... and so on.
That's how you find in the classifieds cars 15 years old or more for a ridiculous price (I know, I drove in this kind of car part of my life as a motorist)
And so at the end of the chain, the new car of our CSP+ did not send to the scrapyard a thermal car in working order, but an old wreck on wheels "CRIT'AIR 25" which must certainly have spilled its engine oil a almost everywhere and smoke all black at the slightest touch of the right pedal (we still come across some...)

In a few rare cases, we also have people like me, a bit crazy, who because their outdated old car must be replaced anyway, take advantage of state aid to buy a new car even if it's is not within their means.
But here again, it's not a new (electric) car that replaces a thermal car in working order.
Even if I hadn't been able to buy a new electric car, my old car would still have been scrapped.

That's how the car market works in France and Europe and not like in your fantasies where an electric car sends a car in perfect working order to the scrapyard.

Otherwise in the same genre, we can also accuse the compulsory technical control of polluting and scrapping cars that can still drive... (I had a C15 which was driving perfectly well but which ended up in traffic ban for a simple story of rust... just the chassis which threatened to cut in two... ah the bad guys of the government who push us to consume with their CT!)
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 30/04/23, 11:40

Janic wrote:knowing that thermal vehicles only concern 25% of total pollution.

ONLY 25%... oh yes am I stupid it's peanut! What are we stupid to do for 25%!
When we see that people are yelling for 6% inflation when 25% is nothing, people are really stupid...

(that kind of bullshit)
1 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 30/04/23, 11:49

I would like a precise answer following your accusation!
As for bonuses, why only on cars, rather than on washing machines or televisions, etc.... In an undisguised way, it is ONLY a political action rather than an ecological one, to do nuclear forcing . Watch at least the video quoted quantifying the impacts of the different systems concerned
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Remundo

by Remundo » 30/04/23, 12:07

by the way, this bonus does not cost the State anything, even it pays for it...

Already just the VAT on the vehicle roughly balances the ecological bonus.

In addition, this bonus is financed by... the malus where one comes to ask for huge sums for sports cars or family vehicles...
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 30/04/23, 12:11

It's true that we're only interested in 25% of "pollution" and not 99.99%, so it's better to close your eyes, and if there's a wall in front, let's get it right mouth, ben tanpis.

What is the impact of a 15 year old washing machine compared to a 1 year old one? how many more deaths does that make?
How much savings does it win? VS its construction?

The stakes are simply not the same.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 30/04/23, 12:19

To make the life of the vehicle last, I have done, changed cylinder head gaskets, universal joint, gearbox, clutch, drum, discs, shock absorbers, for the simplest, timing belt, opened the injection pump, pulled out the pistons, changed the piston rings, connecting rod bearings, valve lapping, etc., etc.

In short, almost everything.

But what difference does it make to the "pollution" of driving?

Roughly speaking, every 4 years, 25% of vehicles are changed, and we reach 50% of vehicles every 10 years.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:

Back to "Electric transport: cars, bicycles, public transport, planes ..."