How do some popular sites work? Forum

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: How do some sites popular with some people in the Forum

by GuyGadebois » 22/11/19, 13:32

Janic wrote:
Disinformation, when it relays the lies of the industry with its exorbitant powers is not comparable with anything else easily dismantled, if only by the fantasy or the imbecility of certain organic "sects", vegan, antivax or others. It is a question of means.
two-speed disinformation? On one side the nice green anti organic, pro bidoche, provaxx and others and on the other the bad organic, vegans, antivaxx and others that do not take over the same lies of the industry with its exorbitant powers? Everyone therefore sees noon at his door, of course! : roll:

You still understood that what you wanted to understand. What I am saying is that there are extremists on all sides but that on the industry side, there are so many relays (apparently serious, documented and "scientific") that we cannot also easily dismantle the lies and the disinformation as one can do it on the side of the "sects" where it is often so big that it becomes delusional and crippling from the first reading.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 22/11/19, 16:16

You still understood that what you wanted to understand. What I am saying is that there are extremists on all sides but that on the industry side, there are so many relays (apparently serious, documented and "scientific") that we cannot also easily dismantle the lies and the disinformation as one can do it on the side of the "sects" where it is often so big that it becomes delusional and crippling from the first reading.
This is not completely false, but the notion of sect is so vague (the MiVILUDES at its beginning had established an extremely important list where everything and everything was listed.) Following the complaints to the authorities, a good number of them disappeared as if by chance.) and it is so easy to judge as sect the competitor who disturbs.
But how big is so big compared to what? It's a vicious circle that is almost impossible to get out of.

PS; I spoke a few years ago, at the time of tainted blood, with a member of the judicial police where, at the same time, the Jehovah's Witnesses made headlines about their refusal of blood transfusions (no refusal of transfusions of blood substitutes). And obviously he recognized that they had not taken that risk then. Strangely enough, we do not hear about the TJ as a sect anymore.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 22/11/19, 18:53

Ahmed wrote:Moindreffor, you write:
... but it is necessary to denounce with the same fervor the manipulation of opinion based on the demagogy.

Elected officials are supposed, at least formally, to represent their constituents, so there is nothing shocking that on certain occasions (elections!) They take account of it ...

I like them ... (there are some spectacular jackets reversals)
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 23/11/19, 11:21

Elected officials are supposed, at least formally, to represent their constituents, so there is nothing shocking that on certain occasions (elections!) They take account of it ...
sometimes yes, sometimes no! For example (I know that it annoys more than one) when the law on 11 vaccines is passed to the Chamber of Deputies only a little more than 70 deputies on 577 voted this one and 60 for. Either the others did not care at all, or (it is their habit) to pass it at the end of the session, very late the next morning when most are absent and the rest only think about going to bed and after having warned her friends in favor of the law, from the moment she was going to slip by.
And it's not specific to this case!
Nothing shocking? : Shock: : Cry:
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 23/11/19, 11:47

I do not really see the relationship between my text and your comment, since mine contained a certain irony ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 23/11/19, 12:32

I do not really see the relationship between my text and your comment, since mine contained a certain irony ...
I had grasped this nuance, I just took the opportunity to drive the point home in the field of "in certain circumstances" which depends on who has the power to allow or prevent, take it into account. Hence the concrete example!
0 x