Tesloop: cost (derisory) maintenance of an electric car Tesla S to 480 000km!

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Tesloop: cost (derisory) maintenance of an electric car Tesla S to 480 000km!

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 05/09/17, 13:49

You are right and all this distresses me ....

Well, even Mercedes is no exception ... none of my 3 sunroofs (electric, of course, otherwise it's not funny) worked for a long time: condemned every 3

And the centralized opening to finally drop on the 190, normal it is a gas plant ... or rather with air pressure : Mrgreen: totally useless ...

That said what about the new cars offered in the old ... I mean without either electric or electronic ...

If you have feedback it interests me
0 x
Christophe

Re: Tesloop: cost (derisory) maintenance of an electric car Tesla S to 480 000km!

by Christophe » 05/09/17, 14:04

BMW and Mercedes are the most abused in the decline in quality ... by blurring their customers who still thought it was quality.

I think it was until the mid to late 90s ... with a considerable decline since ... even going as far as the choice of materials, see below ...

A personal example at BM: dead brake discs from dead ... at 100 km and this BEFORE the first set of pads ...

I made a little "photo report" here: new-transport / disc brake de-bmw-118d-more-than-hs-after-100-000km-t13432.html

Since I separated from this car because in addition it risked a rupture of the distribution chain (bad design therefore risk of premature wear, preventive change before total engine failure = 6000 € ... they are nice at BM .. .)
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 05/09/17, 14:49

Christophe wrote:So there are Tesla SuperCharger terminals in France? I did not know ... where that and what are the conditions to use them?
According Tesla site, there are in Europe (and the Middle East), 6 Superchargers distributed in 372 stations.

According this article from Avere, there were, in April 2017, 53 stations in France grouping together 390 superchargers.

Christophe wrote:Is there a location map of ALL charging stations (Fast or not) accessible without subscription or registration (the card not the stations) somewhere? I presume it must also have Android apps ...
The site ChargeMap a large majority of them.
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/09/17, 15:56

Oh yes anyway! It is starting to develop well!

Thank you Gaston for this update, I have the impression of having hibernated there ... : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/09/17, 16:04

nico239 wrote:That said what about the new cars offered in the old ... I mean without either electric or electronic ...

If you have feedback it interests me

New old-fashioned? Do you have models in mind? Because I can't see there ...

There was Lada in the 80s : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy: ...but today..??? And the Lada mechanics ... sorry it was not terrible (I only knew the "LADA legend")
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 05/09/17, 16:14

Christophe wrote:New old-fashioned? Do you have models in mind? Because I can't see there ...
In Europe there are none, since electronic injection, ESP, ABS and other emergency call buttons are compulsory.
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 05/09/17, 16:36

To come back to charging stations (fast or not), can we imagine that there could be "gateways" so that a terminal of one brand can accept charging a car of another brand?

Technically it is undoubtedly possible, but the charging station being the weak link of the VE, a big brand like Tesla which is a few steps ahead risks locking its lead to slow down the competitors.
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/09/17, 16:44

Yep, that's why I don't see what models he's talking about ...

No non-electronic car (at least on the engine side) could pass the current EU (and USA) pollution standards ... not to mention the electronisation of everything else (comfort, safety ...) ...

And even in India or in China, I do not think that there are still new cars with carburetor .... if?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/09/17, 16:54

Grelinette wrote:To come back to charging stations (fast or not), can we imagine that there could be "gateways" so that a terminal of one brand can accept charging a car of another brand?

Technically it is undoubtedly possible, but the charging station being the weak link of the VE, a big brand like Tesla which is a few steps ahead risks locking its lead to slow down the competitors.

Uh, manufacturers have not yet agreed on a single (future?) Standardized outlet? I thought it was already the case ... I think we had already discussed it on the forums but I haven't found where ...

I don't think Tesla locks anything: the more terminals that can be used by their cars, the better for them ... So they have no interest in those that Tesla use exclusively Tesla terminals (except making their customers captive on electricity consumption ... but hey ... if all the manufacturers reason like that there will never be a standard on the sockets!) ... Conversely they would have an interest in what the others cars use their terminals (in case of electricity billing ...)

In practice, I saw on the ChargeMap site (again thank you Gaston) that many terminals had different types of sockets (up to 4 types per terminal of what I saw ...) ... slowly or semi fast ... proof that there are agreements between manufacturers to use their socket with that of others, so they have everything to gain by standardizing a single socket ...

ps: here is an old topic from 2010 about the taxation of electric road kWh Transportation-electric / electric-car-should we-the-tax-kwh-EDF-road-t10007.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/09/17, 16:59

Christophe wrote:Since I separated from this car because in addition it risked a rupture of the distribution chain (bad design therefore risk of premature wear, preventive change before total engine failure = 6000 € ... they are nice at BM .. .)

Coincidence? UFC Que Choisir talks about it in an article today: https://www.quechoisir.org/actualite-mo ... on-n46060/
0 x

Back to "Electric transport: cars, bicycles, public transport, planes ..."