Electric car: must we tax the road kWh EdF?

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Christophe

Electric car: must we tax the road kWh EdF?

by Christophe » 04/10/10, 14:17

Following various recent messages about the growth of the electric car and the cost of the kWh road-electric including:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/la-voiture ... tml#178894
et https://www.econologie.com/forums/bilan-puit ... 93-20.html

... I throw topic to speak only of a possible future taxation (or no it would be the ideal but not dream) specific on the kWh electric road and the actual cost of use induces electric transport.

Cost of direct use for the consumer but also indirect for society.

My opinion is: electric cars (new) are, at the investment, still horribly expensive (and this is, in my opinion, only rarely justified from a technological point of view) so that even with a electric kWh little taxed it is at the limit of the interest for the consumer lambda.

To tax the road kWh would bury the electric car. However, this has certain advantages (medico-social cost) for urban travel, so it would be in the interest of politicians to favor this one.

On the other hand, not taxing the road kWh is a social injustice.

The prices of the useful energy in mechanical kWh of petroleum origin and Edf are currently the following ones:

a) 1L of petrol fuel to 1.3 € contains 10kWh with average yield of 25% you make 2.5KWh mechanical useful either 1.3 / 2.5 = 0.52 € / useful kWh

b) The price of electricity in France is 0.12 € / kWh including subscription. With an average efficiency of an electric vehicle "wheel drive" of 70% we therefore have a useful kWh price of 0.12 / 0.7 = 0.17 € / useful kWh.

The social medical costs of air pollution are as follows:

"France alone would see 31 deaths from air pollution per year, including 700 (17%) attributable to road traffic alone !!"

An "interesting" comparison between pollution and road accident is also made by the author of this article:

"exhaust fumes from cars, motorcycles and trucks kill 2,4 times more than road accidents !! The real obituary report of the road amounts to 17 + 600 = 7242 deaths per year!"
Source: https://www.econologie.com/forums/les-morts- ... t1901.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/10/10, 14:29

A small note in passing: it is interesting to note that the purchase price of solar photovoltaic is very close to the price of the useful oil kWh (between 0.5 and 0.6 € / kWh)

In other words: the solar photovoltaic used in the transport would be one of the rare profitable uses WITHOUT SUBSIDY of the solar photovoltaic one. This is explained by the high taxation of petroleum products, a tax that can be considered as an anti-subsidy.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 04/10/10, 14:46

Vast question!

Should it be? it depends if you are the state, the answer is YES.

If you are an EV driver, the answer is NO.

If you are impartial, the answer is between the two ... : Lol:
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 04/10/10, 14:52

Help !!! immediately dismiss this subject !!!!

do not give a bad idea !!!
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

taxation

by tigrou_838 » 04/10/10, 14:59

Hi, just yesterday I watched a show on the show of the car and they were talking about it, and from what I could understand different speakers:

normal counter house.

special meter to connect the car in the garage and taxation on the kwh as on the fuel products (road).

or maybe I did not understand anything : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Hello galley for the electric car.

ps: it was either on automoto or turbo.

tigrou
0 x
Michel Kieffer
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Michel Kieffer » 04/10/10, 15:48

Should we tax the electric joule?

If the electric joule is taxed, we can imagine electric vehicles very light so that consume little. In addition, small needs = small batteries. The price of batteries and joule are not a real problem in this context.

Also, a strongly taxed electric joule kills in the egg the development of very greedy and aberrant electric vehicles of 1500 kg ... such as those which our builders prepare for us. Moreover some even speak of range "zero emissions" ... it is to believe that the bigger it is, the better!

Do not forget that in Europe the electric joule is today fossil up to 55% and nuclear for the rest of the rest ...

Michel

Edit by Christophe: the discerning reader will find more information on https://www.econologie.com/forums/la-voiture ... t6803.html
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 04/10/10, 15:52

Like Michel, I am rather in favor of a taxation of electric energy (like others, for that matter).

The higher the price of energy, the more the average citizen pays attention to his consumption.
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 04/10/10, 16:10

: Arrow: The taxation of road electricity is an important concern for our city councilors. They work hard there.

The problem comes from the large tax differential between petroleum products and electricity. The implementation of this taxation is very delicate in that it can affect the development of the sector ...

Finally unlike the essence of which it is easy enough to follow the physical flows, electricity is impalpable ...
EDF and the government are therefore working on the implementation of ultra-precise meters, vehicle / network communication by power lines and ultra-locked softs integrated into the vehicles (but we are starting to get used to them).

It will develop hacker networks to circumvent this new problem for all those who want to stay in a free world ...
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Electric car: do you have to tax the road kWh EdF?

by bernardd » 04/10/10, 19:38

Christophe wrote:
b) The price of electricity in France is 0.12 € / kWh including subscription. With an average efficiency of an electric vehicle "wheel drive" of 70% we therefore have a useful kWh price of 0.12 / 0.7 = 0.17 € / useful kWh.

70% is the ideal yield. But in a real car, we go down to 40%, which puts the price of the kWh useful 0,24 € / kWh.

The problem is that putting a dye in the electricity, as for diesel, it's going to be difficult.

When encoding a powerline communication between the vehicle and any transformer, it will not last very long ....

So, this will give a certain advantage to compressed air cars.
0 x
See you soon !
sspid14
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by sspid14 » 05/10/10, 02:05

I think a tax per km traveled would be better ...

A cheaper energy such as electricity favors the rich who once the purchase of the VE made will be able to roll a lot cheaply while polluting (battery, nuclear or fossil electricity, ...), by blocking the roads, ...

A tax per km would force everyone to pay according to the route traveled and the money could be donated for a premium towards less polluting vehicles such as VE for example. This would allow more people to buy such a vehicle but they would think 2 once before taking the road. Do I really need to get around, or is the train cheaper and faster? Or, a little walk will do me the greatest good in this beautiful weather!
0 x