Sciences et Avenir: article on the Pantone Gillier

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/06/08, 09:46

1) Sorry for that pointless remark but I just noticed that the highway photo on the cover of the S&A issue was either a reverse photo or a photo taken in a foreign country.

Indeed, cars drive on the left and we see palm trees ...

A message from S&A to French manufacturers? : Mrgreen:

2) For the thesis do not forget that it is about measurements made on a new engine (== not fouled) and that the passages on a bench of a doping have NEVER shown reduction of blatant consumption. The bench method should not be correct.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 23/06/08, 10:42

Moué, it would take a standardized load cycle ... to test on the bench 8)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/06/08, 10:48

You mean like this: https://www.econologie.com/forums/mesure-de- ... t5606.html ? 8)

It would not be enough yet ... we have known for a long time that it is the high load, therefore important acceleration, which gives the most result with the doping ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 23/06/08, 11:43

Yes Christophe!

And then we do a cycle with accelerations of patients to test on the bench : Cheesy:

Finally, it's not "economical" driving to accelerate like a hit (engine excluding specific optimal consumption and braking ...), while the philosophy of the Gillier Pantone is economy :P
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/06/08, 11:47

Remundo wrote:And then we do a cycle with accelerations of patients to test on the bench : Cheesy:

Finally, it's not "economical" driving to accelerate like a hit (engine excluding specific optimal consumption and braking ...), while the philosophy of the Gillier Pantone is economy :P

Certainly but for some work (industrial engine) or journey (assembly, loaded car ... and especially DOWNSIZING for the future) ... the average load can be important and constantly high.

And it is this point that (voluntarily ????) neglected the project Echo Moteur ². If you look in detail at their curve, the test where there was the most delta is precisely the one where the load varies the most ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 23/06/08, 11:53

Toutafé Image
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 23/06/08, 12:18

I have said for a while, traditional "on-the-fly" torque measurement does not give the performance of a Gillier Pantone.
At a given speed, the more the load increases, the more the torque increases, but it is not instantaneous.
To take this specificity into account, I rather see a "3D" graph: Speed ​​/ Torque / Exhaust temperature.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 23/06/08, 13:27

Hello Crispus,

Wow, a cloud of three-dimensional engine operating points in (torque / speed / exhaust temperature).

A whole program for future experiments : Idea:
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 23/06/08, 14:59

Hello
2) For the thesis do not forget that it is about measurements made on a new engine (== not fouled) and that the passages on a bench of a doping have NEVER shown reduction of blatant consumption. The bench method should not be correct.

Most montages that have been spent on a bench are montages (brand new most often not yet regulated and purified)
I would be curious to know how many hours these engines are turned on the bench? certainly not 25000km

It depends on what you look for when you put the engine on the bench to improve it, or denigrate it
I practically stop doing systematic measurements
I made rigorous measures only when I go out of 200km and more ..
the other method more grosomodo it's the total km with a full

Andre
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/06/08, 15:03

Exactly André, although there are tests, obviously, of fatigue for any new engine series.

I think they have to run the engines a few hundred hours at least ... after these are the statisticians and 1er customers who do the rest ...

If kk1 has more specific info about fatigue tests?
0 x