Sarkozy, the fishermen and the fuel crisis

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/05/08, 21:19

Remundo wrote:But that is understandable for a half-declared anarchist (your link of realists on the other site "my fist in your mouth" is revealing ".

Fuck the roulze Image

former oceanic wrote:Who wants to play the role of arbiter and count the points?

I pass...
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 23/05/08, 22:48

Phew!
: Shock: Shocking!
Rude character, go!
---

"Yesterday again, I listened to a fisherman at the 20h of France 2, I quote:" we don't give a damn, we want 40 cts of diesel and the State has only to wonder ""
This shows, as I said, that he was upset because we had not kept the word given a few months ago.
For a sea worker, who has not studied at the grandes écoles, you have to call a cat, a cat.
Everything else is just convolutions of language, so a way to drown the fish, as politicians know how to do. They are not fooled.
This is easily understood.

- Well, the one who had debts was a boss, right?

“Or when they turn against the players in the distribution of their products in order to sell at a higher price. "
We all agree on this.
But they, the fishermen, they fish, you are not going to ask them in addition to these "Pigs" to do the job of informed anticipation that politicians cannot do!
---
Well, the stroke of blood blinded you.
You have not seen, that there was something to develop on the subject MHD, to draw current from a boiler, as with your PHRSD.
There might be something to develop for a developer of your class.

Moreover, "It's more interesting than the rambling bitterness that follows. " was just going for the harm that was said about JPP.

Misunderstanding, due to intergenerational chasms?
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 24/05/08, 00:52

And in case of exchange of names of birds or uncontrolled wander, there could be momentary closure of the subject (on my part or another modo), the time that the spirits calm down. At worst we will reopen it in 5 or 6 months, when the fishermen put it back ...

The fishermen will not wait 5 or 6 months because there are also the Belgians who are dissatisfied and even bankrupt for some in the port of Zeebruges (JT FR2 13 p.m. on Fri 23-05): interesting testimony which proves that the problem is not just French.

For stolen green wood, this is how civil wars begin. This is what Sarko wants: the people who are tearing themselves apart before his eyes " Divide and rule".

Anyway it is the fishermen who are in the me.de.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/05/08, 12:01

0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 27/05/08, 14:18

And it becomes a European problem and surely global soon:

Mobilization of Catalan fishermen

But the movement continued to expand in Europe on Monday. Fishermen from four countries - Italy, Portugal, France and Spain - gathered for the International Fisheries Fair in Ancona (Adriatic coast) called for an unlimited strike from Wednesday to protest against the rise in diesel.
Fishermen in Catalonia (northeast Spain) started a strike Monday morning, anticipating a national demonstration scheduled for Friday in Madrid.
For his part, the head of fishermen in the South East of France, Mourad Kahoul announced an action by European fishermen this weekend in Brussels.
In the front line in this conflict, the Minister of Fisheries Michel Barnier wanted to raise the limits set by the EU to national aid paid to fisheries, during a council of European Fisheries Ministers in Slovenia.

... we will therefore have to "hit" on all the fishermen in Europe : Shock:, so they all have the same "flaws"? old boats..etc?

But no, the increase in the price of oil is not going to solve the problem of global warming but will cause riots all over the world because it is the most dependent on this energy (and there are people) who will drink.

And meanwhile Mossieur Dassault sells more and more business aircraft to billionaires around the world:

seen in JT FR2 or FR3? last night .
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 27/05/08, 15:26

Morning reaction of the Head of State,

from AOL News
http://actualite.aol.fr/apres-une-visit ... 8738227178
Coming on RTL between 07:30 am and 08:30 am, the President of the Republic "wanted to talk to France which works, which gets up early (...) which does not break the bus shelters, which does not demonstrate and which does not 'does not have less problems than the others ".
He felt that it was necessary to have "the courage to tell the French" that the evolution of oil prices was not going to "get better". "When we fill up, we are terrified by the increase, even if the increase in fuel does not correspond to the increase in crude. It has almost tripled, it is on the way to quadruple, let's have the courage to say to the French it will not get better ", declared Mr. Sarkozy. "The demand for petroleum products is increasingly strong and the supply is not increasing or very little", added the Head of State.
President Sarkozy wants to dedicate the additional VAT revenue on petroleum products to a fund to help the French people most affected by the rise in oil prices, he announced on RTL on Tuesday. He estimated this additional revenue of "150 to 170 million euros per quarter". They will be intended in particular to increase the tank premium to 200 euros or to introduce a social gas tariff. The additional revenues will be allocated to this fund from "from a certain level which we will discuss within the government", he specified.

A priori, this is a tank premium. Even if all that money was spent on traditional fishing, would that be enough? Then to the taxi, to the truck drivers, then to everyone (the smigard who goes to work, he has a great desire to subsidize the fishermen, or even the "teacher" (some in 2 or 3 high schools ...) or the "executive "who have their business travel expenses.

What is the point of infusing a sector that we know is perfectly unsustainable in the current environment of expensive oil? That we pay more for the fish and that the money from the TIPP subsidizes fish farming activities in the basin at a lower cost, to calmly envisage a reconversion, even partial, of French fishing leading to new perennial activities!
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 27/05/08, 16:07

As I pointed out this morning
https://www.econologie.com/forums/post81392.html#81392

The price of oil
The Head of State announced that he intended to propose to his European partners to "suspend" VAT on petroleum products to cope with the rise in the price of petroleum.
"If the barrel continues to increase, should we keep a VAT rate proportional to the price under the same conditions?" Asked the Head of State.
But "it is a decision which would be European", he underlined. "It is a proposal that I am launching"
In France, Nicolas Sarkozy proposed "that all additional revenue due to VAT on petroleum products above a certain level, which we will discuss within the government, (...) be put into a fund which will allow us to help the French who need it most ".
The revenues generated by VAT with the increase in the price of oil represent according to him "150 to 170 million euros per quarter". And "I would like us to devote all of these sums to aid".
He mentioned in particular the premium per tank, currently 150 euros: "not only will we perpetuate it for next year, but we will bring it to 200 euros, and we will finance that by this additional income" from VAT.

The aid announced concerns only "the tank premium", for individuals heating with fuel
http://www.service-public.fr/actualites/00664.html
Morning reaction of the Head of State,
"Coming on RTL between 07:30 am and 08:30 am, the President of the Republic" wanted to talk to France which works, which gets up early "

I look forward to a nocturnal reaction from the Head of State live on TF1, from the marriage bed, to encourage the French to have children ...
:D

So when are they announcing it, kid?
(pupil of the nation, because born at the front)
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 27/05/08, 16:33

Hello

Yes Rémundo, everything is very simple ... : Mrgreen:

Remundo wrote:
What is the point of infusing a sector that we know is perfectly unsustainable in the current environment of expensive oil?

To this I will add: "What is the point of infusing growth when we know it perfectly unsustainable in the current context of imminent global ecological catastrophe and depletion of resources?"

Remundo wrote:That we pay more for the fish and that the money from the TIPP subsidizes fish farming activities in the basin at a lower cost, to calmly envisage a reconversion, even partial, of French fishing leading to new perennial activities!

Aquaculture poses many unresolved questions and problems .... Pollution in particular, but also yield, diversity and quality of the finished product.

The fisheries crisis is, in my opinion, only one of the many symptoms of the total disconnection of our technological society with the reality of the Earth system (fragile ecosystems, global dynamics, limited resources, ...).

Today's fishermen are a bit like the miners of yesterday ...
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET
"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 27/05/08, 16:45

I do not see the relationship between the miners and the fishermen .....
we stopped coal mining because the profits from oil were much more important, that's all ...
we still have coal reserves, and I'm sitting on it : Cheesy:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 27/05/08, 16:46

Hi Highflyaddict.

I agree with your remarks!

I am not saying that everything is very simple ... I am saying that we must not stupidly bury ourselves in a dead end and that we must think about other widely used modes of production, pending '' have lower cost hydrocarbon productions (not at all impossible by relying on renewable ...)

Fish farms are also somewhat responsible for the crisis in traditional fishing because they drive prices in critical areas for those who turbinate and pull trawls "with expensive oil", even if it is totally tax free.

Each activity raises difficulties, it is obvious. Traditional fishing is not all pink either! Everything is a matter of compromise because the "perfect world" does not yet exist.

@+
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."