Notice: your favorite series Netflix, Amazon Prime, Salto, Canal + ... and elsewhere!

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christophe

Re: Notice: your favorite series Netflix, Amazon Prime, Salto, Canal + ... and elsewhere!

by Christophe » 26/05/21, 15:17

Exnihiloest wrote:I tested non-American series from Netflix.

Yes I really appreciate the non US !!

You should know that Netflix finances non-US series ... This is the case with The Spy cited above ... even if it tastes and smells of a US series!
There is also "Grégory" (which I expected enough but in fact it is a documentary: I wanted a historical series)

I'm preparing my FR series list there!

Exnihiloest wrote:Those that I like (original ideas, a well-crafted scenario, an action that moves forward):
Brazilian series: "3%" (SF)
Spanish series: "La casa de papel" (other Spanish series: I stopped before the end).
Mexican series "Who Killed Sarah" (but too conventional, not typical, could be American).

3% not bad but lack of development I found (since the S1 I just saw that they are in the S4)

Casa I saw the last one all of a sudden: it's as much psycho as it is realization.

In another Spanish series, I tried "The Young Ladies of the Telephone" I finished episode 1 it seems to me : Mrgreen:

Exnihiloest wrote:Korean series (all in original version, themes: SF, police, espionage, politics, fantasy), I got hooked, very exotic culture that surprises, I'm well on my 10th series (eg English titles "Vagabond", "Signal", "Stranger", "Partners for justice", "Tunnel", "K2", "Sisyphus", "Alice"), there is only the historical series "Kingdom" where I gave up.

Do not know where you find it?

North or South Korea? : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

Re: Notice: your favorite series Netflix, Amazon Prime, Salto, Canal + ... and elsewhere!

by Christophe » 26/05/21, 15:25

Engrenages, serial series (per season), 8 seasons (in production), 86 episodes of 52 min, 75 hours; France 2005

Each season is an independent investigation, but it's best to look at everything in order to understand the psychology and stories of each character. It's a Canal + series.

Through the characters of a young prosecutor, a police captain, an investigating judge and a criminal lawyer, this series describes the life of the Paris courthouse, its cogs, its actors, its little tricks.

The series is supposed to show French criminal proceedings as realistically as possible. From season 5, new experts are working on the series to make it as realistic as possible.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engrenages_(s%C3%A9rie_t%C3%A9l%C3%A9vis%C3%A9e)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/06/21, 20:17

Norsemen (or Vikingane), 3 seasons (2 +1), in production, 18 episodes, 30 min, 9h. Norway 2016

The series features a Viking group living in the village of Norheim around AD 790. It is filmed in the village of Avaldsnes, in the Norwegian county of Rogaland.

The first season won a Gullruten Award for Best Comedy and was nominated for Best Soundtrack (Peter Clausen and Erling Rein)

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norsemen_ ... vis%C3%A9e)

Be careful, it's heavy, very heavy ... let's say it's a clever mix of BORAT + MONTHY PYTHON + VIKINGS !! It deposits! : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

Spoil:

norsemen.jpg
norsemen.jpg (390.42 KiB) Viewed 8307 times
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 04/06/21, 09:30

Christophe wrote:
On the other hand, in the same period there was "Sheriff frighten me" ... I speak about it because the film I liked very much!

I don't remember having seen 1 episode of the series but if it's in the same style it must be nice! You know ?

Frankly ... Apart from Daisy Duke's mini shorts .... You haven't missed a lot ....

catherine-bach-photo_29254_3227.jpg
catherine-bach-photo_29254_3227.jpg (79.45 KiB) Viewed 8285 times

Remember the 5 which broadcast these nazbroques series when I was in high school .... it was ... distressing ....
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/06/21, 10:01

Nice transition with Norsemen! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

I will try to find the pilot episode to see ... Otherwise I would stay on the good impression of the eponymous film!
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 20/12/21, 21:26

Recently seen:
Borgen: 9./10 The political career of a Danish woman who will reach the highest political office.
Treme: 10/10 New Orleans after Hurricane Catherina. Music, cooking, politics, police intrigues, virtue vs corruption, masterful!
See: 8/10 Post apocalyptic where everyone is blind except a few. Violent, well done, says more than shown.
In progress:
Vinyl: Scorsese and Mick Jagger at the production, story of a record company over 40 years, sex and drugs and rock & roll, excellent!
The Witcher season 2: For fans of the game of the same name and novels. Initiatory journey, wizards, mages, monsters, politics and blood!
1 x