Is Jean-Marc Jancovici a c ...?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Jean-Marc Jancovici is it a con?

by izentrop » 21/06/16, 09:49

Hello,
@ Jabjab, can you explain the performance of the 20% STEPs, while elsewhere from 70 to 85%? https://www.google.fr/?ion=1&espv=2#q=r ... ydraulique ,
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 21/06/16, 09:51

When I speak of resources, I think of the possibilities for man to change things. And indeed, they are limited.

To change things is to change ourselves and stop eating like pigs. I could give dozens of examples.
Of course we will not heat the December 20 with photovoltaic (albeit with a STEP) but the ENR solutions are numerous.
So for jaja the solution is the "expensive" nuclear, hoping that it does not blow us up once again ...
0 x
Jabab
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Jabab » 21/06/16, 11:06

Once again, you compare things that are not comparable. 7c € of intermittent energy with permanently available energy.
Let us admit for once that we have an energy at 7c some part of the time. The availability of the pv is of the order of 20%.
In winter, let us assume that the availability of PV over wind is 10%, which is probably not the case.
HOW DO YOU MISS THE HOLES?
By storing? We go back to my previous hypothesis.
With hydroelectric? Resources are so limited that it is not feasible.
With nothing? So more school, more hospitals, more phone, more state. This is called anarchy.
Do you have a solution?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/06/16, 11:12

Already the EPR is far from available ... if it is one day !!! Mouhahahaha :)

Closing the holes will not pass a SERIOUS policy energy saving AND diversification of renewable sources AND storage of renewable energy as far as possible!

For diversification, for example, the exploitation of small streams, there is still potential in France !! Like these small mills: energies-renewable / turbine-ecological-a-vis-d-archimede-t14815.html

For storage, marine storage / pumping stations seem to me a good solution: energies-renewable / storage-in-sea-per-pumped-step-from-renewable-electricity-t14791.html (not so expensive with the scale effect!)

Nuclear will help in the transition period!

We have never talked about going nuclear - or heat to flame - but reduce our dependence on them!

There is no more difficult communication than with someone who does not want to hear !! Germany is on the right track, France is relying on nuclear power and it is not the best choice ... AMHA !!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 21/06/16, 11:19

This pro / anti debate is HS in this thread, it is not the object initiated in the title.

That it's farting again, it'll be inevitable Raymon, We statistically 1 fade reactor every ten years (3 a shot at Fukushima!)

What if we refocus the debate on Jean-Marc Jancovici? And that we stop listening to the bawling of a "newcomer" whose course we do not know and who as soon as he is cornered makes pirouettes to get out ...
Last edited by Obamot the 21 / 06 / 16, 11: 24, 2 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/06/16, 11:23

Ah, but I understand: when you are formatted in his convictions, it is quite difficult to talk with visionaries and open his mind :)
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 21/06/16, 11:26

If Jabab wants to make a pro / anti thread, he just has to create a thread "pro nuclear " : Mrgreen:
And even this question has already received an answer: no we are not anti-nuclear (at least not me)! : Lol:

Can we resume the debate on Jancovici?
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 21/06/16, 12:08

For diversification, for example, the exploitation of small streams, there is still potential in France !! As these small mills: energies-renewable / turbine-ecological-with-archimede-t14815.html

In 1900 there were 120 000 water mills in France mostly abandoned today that represents about 2 GW of potential power. We could do more if it was done with environmentally friendly techniques. I could talk to you about the watering canals of Provence without fish almost unexploited.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/06/16, 12:20

Quite definitely ... not checked but 2GW it seems coherent (15kW of power per mill ...) and as you say, certainly more with the new techniques (kind of screw Archimedes), and at least 2 nuclear reactors useless :)
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 21/06/16, 12:43

Just to show how formerly all the small hydraulic production in Provence was exploited the mill of Véroncle:
http://gorgedeveroncle.blogspot.fr/2009 ... ulins.html
Of course the power is ridiculous but what an extraordinary job.
Carpentras canal unexploited but with great potential.
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canal_de_Carpentras
And the Champeau mill on the canal has stopped since 40 years.
0 x