Caller number displayed wrong (spoofed) ... new scams in sight?

Buying well and choosing a product or service well means, in addition to being satisfied, consuming less and preserving the planet, it is essential in 2021 to buy better! Also the exchange of information and experiences makes it possible to avoid various scams and crooks. In 2021, it is essential to exchange your experiences of use, positive or negative, because the market for products and services for the consumer has never been so abundant in the history of mankind. Helping to choose better is essential because buying better means buying sustainable!
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Caller number displayed wrong (spoofed) ... new scams in sight?

by phil59 » 11/09/21, 13:29

Where I work, I manage the telephony, and one I spent part, in VOIP, of the small structures.

I am asked to show the call number of these small structures when they call (they were still on PSTN lines).

Okay, I knew where to configure this, and I did some testing.

First, bring up one of the hundred numbers we have.

Without worry.

I said to myself, let's try the max, I can bring up the last 10 digits.

AND, the number appearing, was there, for this test, 03 11 11 11 11 ...
Only the starting 03, I cannot cancel it (easily, because it would be enough to reconfigure, on a basis of 01, for example, so that it is the 01) ...

So beware, the number that appears on your cell phone is not necessarily the real one ...

A bit like the email that appears in a message, is not necessarily the right one ....

MISTRUST !

We can also buy numbers that are not those of the region, or even of the country.
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Christophe

Re: Caller number displayed wrong (spoofed) ... new scams in sight?

by Christophe » 11/09/21, 13:46

Interesting and disturbing ... can you tell us more about the technique to get there? Like any nigga like me could do it through an app or is it a little more complicated?

For some time now, I have noticed commercial call center ball calls that started in 06 or 07 **** whereas before they were landlines or strangers ...
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 11/09/21, 14:02

I have a switchboard, an alcatel PABX, which is about 11 years old, and we changed a few cards, and the CPU, to be able to handle VOIP as well.

It is native, in the PABX menu, there is a checkbox, and enter the number you want.

Alcatel PABXs are indestructible ...

I still have 1 who is over 20 years old, in another small structure ....

Breakdowns are extremely rare. It's reliable, expensive, because you can't mix with other brands, but cheap, because reliable.
No need to change everything after X years, we can change.

Just changing the DECT terminals (for cordless telephones) would be a bill of around € 15 ...
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Christophe

by Christophe » 11/09/21, 14:06

I didn't understand anything but it looks interesting! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Well, I understood that it was not that easy to do ... so all the better!
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 11/09/21, 14:17

Yes, it's super easy to do, if you manage a standard, and know a little.
Some techs, few, do not know.

The world of telephony, in business, is "a world of thieves", they make the most of it, because generally, the people in front of them, do not know.

In fact, it's a thing, apart from what you can do in computers ...

But, when you put your nose in it a bit, to do BABA, it's pretty easy.

When you depend on the company that manages your switchboard, you have a broken phone, we will ask you 30 € to remotely associate the new one.

When you have a fleet of more than 100 cordless telephones (almost 140, currently), and that approximately, you change, 30 per year, mini, that can encrypt.
0 x

phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 11/09/21, 14:27

Yes, it's super easy to do, if you manage a standard, and know a little.
Some techs, few, do not know.

The world of telephony, in business, is "a world of thieves", they make the most of it, because generally, the people in front of them, do not know.

In fact, it's a thing, apart from what you can do in computers ...

But, when you put your nose in it a bit, to do BABA, it's pretty easy.

When you depend on the company that manages your switchboard, you have a broken phone, we will ask you 30 € to remotely associate the new one.

When you have a fleet of more than 100 cordless telephones (almost 140, currently), and approximately, you change, 30 per year, mini
0 x

Christophe

by Christophe » 11/09/21, 15:16

phil59 wrote:Yes, it's super easy to do, if you manage a standard, and know a little.

So that's what I'm saying: it's not accessible to everyone! And so much the better!
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 11/09/21, 15:36

1.jpg
1.jpg (180.44 KB) Viewed times 1160

num tel.JPG
num tel.JPG (193.12 KiB) Viewed 1160 times
0 x

Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 12/09/21, 23:26

What it would be well to know is if a “foreign” number could, by this type of subterfuge:
- “to dress in a French number ” :?:

And if so, when candid, we call back:
- “we take the call at the true rate of the foreign number without our knowledge.. ” ?
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 12/09/21, 23:38

I never call back directly, I go through my contacts, because the scam is not new, it has been around for years!
https://fr.spoofmyphone.com/
0 x

Go back to "Reviews and tests of products and services." Good deals, scams and scams. What to choose, reviews and purchase tests to choose better! "