Anti 4x4 take action "deflation"

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
mimouss
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mimouss » 01/02/08, 13:40

Christophe wrote:
subaru forester in (210MKm without big problems Cool) who agree with his utlisation me 100%.

Ca when you said I thought you were in the countryside ... apparently this is not the case ... so if you roll a majority of the time in town with a vehicle 2,5 Tons ... I can not tell you complain sorry ... it would be dishonest of me with respect to other visitors ...

Now if you tell us a little more about:

- your motivation for such a vehicle for the city
- Actual consumption in city

It would be nice and permetrait to better understand ...

FYI, the city part represents no more than 5% of my trips ...

and I also find it very stupid to ride in cayenne in paris ...
but remove the cayenne from this guy and he will drive in 911 carrera turbo ... there will be no difference in the end ...

while waiting for 3/4 of the "real" 4x4s are less than 5000Km / year Of which barely 1000 on the road ;-)

PS: I have a rather edifying file on the classification of bonus and penalty cars, in .xls, can we join it somewhere?
0 x
gab
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gab » 01/02/08, 14:33

speaking of 4x4 I had the intense joy 6 months ago to meet a guy in Hummer obviously in town
then horror, he lives in my city .... i see him every day with his tank and everyday it makes me depressed
I do not understand why we allow the registration of such vehicles
0 x
mimouss
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mimouss » 01/02/08, 14:58

gab wrote:speaking of 4x4 I had the intense joy 6 months ago to meet a guy in Hummer obviously in town
then horror, he lives in my city .... i see him every day with his tank and everyday it makes me depressed

removal : Lol:
Joke inside, of course
it is on that a hummer has nothing to do in town, but we must not focus on it. No attive conclusions.
do you know this guy ???
I say that because do you know if this guy does not have a country house at the end of a bumpy road?
do you know if this guy is not raiding in africa in the summer? (humanitarian for some)
do you know if this guy ONLY drives around town?

once you have answered ALL of these questions, I think you may have the right to judge ;-)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/02/08, 15:09

mimouss wrote:PS: I have a rather edifying file on the classification of bonus and penalty cars, in .xls, can we join it somewhere?

Yes use the "Insert image or file" link at the bottom when writing a message ...

Explanations here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/comment-me ... t1176.html
0 x
gab
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gab » 01/02/08, 15:11

mimouss wrote:
gab wrote:speaking of 4x4 I had the intense joy 6 months ago to meet a guy in Hummer obviously in town

removal : Lol:
Joke inside, of course
it is on that a hummer has nothing to do in town, but we must not focus on it. No attive conclusions.
do you know this guy ???
I say that because do you know if this guy does not have a country house at the end of a bumpy road?
do you know if this guy is not raiding in africa in the summer? (humanitarian for some)
do you know if this guy ONLY drives around town?

once you have answered ALL of these questions, I think you may have the right to judge ;-)

I don't really have the impression that he is carrying out humanitarian raids with his machine but rather professional displacement.
and then what? people who have 4x4 are necessarily raiding ??? must not exaggerate!
I judge yes, because the guy who raids as you say, he does not leave every day with his jeep or other to work, I doubt it very much
Too bad there are many guys who raid in 4L or 2 legs .. like if I see him I will suggest!
and then a hummer is not the basic 4x4 either
what scares me with this kind of machine is the 20l conso at 10 at a time when we are saving energy savings, well it hurts me!
0 x
Bougonnator
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Bougonnator » 01/02/08, 15:12

To return to hybrid vehicles: the Prius is in its second generation, and the heat engine was then modified for less consumption. I can't wait for a third generation Plug-In.
Christophe, you are an engineer if I understood, will try it without a priori and you will see that you cannot remain insensitive to this vehicle after having driven it. It is not a city car, but a car that makes the city better than many others and that allows you to drive for a long time in good comfort.
I'm not saying that progress has to stop at this vehicle, I'm saying that for the moment there is nothing better mass produced (on this theme, because there are faster, more stuff, more stuff , ...). The PSA concept cars are very good, but they are unit prototypes worth several million euros. Unfortunately, these are not vehicles that can be purchased today. Each manufacturer must have on its premises a hyper-brilliant prototype which breaks all records. But as long as it is not marketed, it is useless.
This is why we must promote the Prius, the only one in the meantime, and also demand the generalization of Stop & Go on all models of the range, and other anti-waste innovations. I am not sectarian you see. The BMW efficient dynamics approach is also interesting.
For mileage, this car has very little (12Mkm) because it is not mine but that of my mother-in-law who is too sick to be able to continue driving. While waiting for it to decide to do something with it, we run the Prius to the maximum. If I can buy it back, I will immediately sell my conventional sedan even if the Prius is dented. Having had Toys and Citroens, and having been able to compare by doing the maintenance myself, I can still advance on Japanese reliability.
There are Prius taxis which have certainly covered quite a few kilometers, but I do not have the figures.
I also repeat that for deflating tires: putting others in danger is an irresponsible act which deserves to be severely punished. 4x4 or not cars are also used to transport children, for example. Such behavior is not acceptable in a society that calls itself civilized.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/02/08, 15:21

Thank you for making us by your motivations.

You wouldn't want to create a subject like "Why am I driving an SUV?" to show the visitor that we are not extremists?

You only do 5% in town ... it's really no bad luck with your deflation ... on the other hand I don't understand what you call town since you live in Parisian suburbs ...

mimouss wrote:You going to tell me that veli'b are ecolo, hahaha!
replace human energy by electricity, or is the progress?

It's not a question of progress but of living differently!

Replacing "oil" energy with animal or human energy would simply be even worse because in the end and on CO2, the food yield -> muscle movement is LESS GOOD than the oil well -> wheel. This will be true as long as agriculture is largely dependent on oil ...

It would therefore be impossible to replace all "virtual" horses with muscle equivalence.

In other words: progress ALSO goes through the reduction of consumption and power: it takes 20 to 30 hp to move your ass in a car in town it takes 0.2 to 0.3 to move the same useful mass by bike, in this case muscle energy is "profitable" !! What matters is to move a useful mass X (= our ass alone in 85% of the cases) from point A to point B while consuming the least and for this the bicycle is undoubtedly the most means of transport green never invented !!

In your remark, therefore, this notion of order of magnitude of the power is missing ...
0 x
andre-34
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by andre-34 » 03/02/08, 19:04

Yep ... All right ...
But all these cars are stuffed with electronics that it does not offer guarantees of duration. A failure of a general calculator or injection on a HDI stupid will cost several thousand euros (my neighbors have just had an invoice of ... 5000 € for a Citroën Picasso which is worth the same as the argus ).
From 7 / 8 any such breakdown on a car of a medium segment implies a break in the case.
Our technical control adds to it and now involves the examination of the airbags.
What will happen when you spend there with a 10 golf and 8 airbags cartridge to change? Broken!

How to design cars that are likely to become disposable and have cost energy to manufacture and recycle more than a standard car more bulky but oh so more sustainable?

The Dacia DCi also includes a high-pressure injection and calculating part that must cost the skin of the buttocks to change.
In case of a glitch and given its lower price this car may also leave very quickly to scrap ...

I'm not sure that imposing an increasingly sophisticated techno to consume less does not ultimately cost more ...

The only hello is to now look for a different fuel from the petrol and put the package on it.
The rest seems to be almost lobbying manufacturers to make us buy more cars by making us look at the straw of our immediate conso but not the beam of the overall cost ...
Last edited by andre-34 the 03 / 02 / 08, 20: 08, 1 edited once.
0 x
andre-34
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: The anti 4x4 take action "deflation"

by andre-34 » 03/02/08, 19:20

Christophe wrote:The movement is not new, but here is an interesting little article.

The deflated ones put the 4x4 under pressure

The "Deflated" and the "Pfff" in Paris, the "Raplaplas" in Lyon, the "Mous de la Roue" in Lille and more recently the "Flagadas" in Brussels. The anti-4x4 commandos are in full resurgence. What do they do ? They deflate the tires of 4X4s parked in town. Parisian record: 118 deflated 4x4s in one night. What are their demands? What do the owners say? Caradisiac investigated.

In recent times, 4x4 owners have been feeling down. Several groups of radical anti-4x4 environmentalists have found a new means of pressure: deflating tires.
Mainly composed of environmental activists, mostly anti-pubs, these commandos denounce the proliferation of 4x4s in urban areas. A pioneer of this new practice, the Parisian group "les Dégonflés" was quickly imitated in the large French cities and even abroad. The "Pfff" in Paris, the "Raplaplas" in Lyon, the "Mous de la Roue" in Lille and more recently the "Flagadas" in Brussels.

The following: http://www.caradisiac.com/php/actu_enq/ ... onfles.php

That made me laugh, while you come across small cars like one boosted to 200hp and cars capable of a 0 to 100 in less than 8 seconds we focus on 4X4 ...
I have a big one: a durable landcruiser 4,2 TD 24S which is more than 300000 km away and which is in fact a motorhome for small family paths or trips abroad.
AND DID YOU KNOW THAT THIS VERY BIG 4X4 OF 1996 CONSUMES A LITTLE CONSUMPTION LESS THAN A STANDARD CAMPING CAR COMES ON THE ROAD WHICH IT DOES IT RIDE 90% OF THE TIME WITH TWO PEOPLE ON BOARD (us 4)?
So deflate why not, but remember to do it also for all large sedans, small hypersportives and plumber's trucks which are also doped and overtake you at 150 km / h.
And to pay the bill when you get stuck and you will be charged for the change of 4 tires which have remained deflated for too long will have their structures destroyed, or even the accident because the owner will only have swelled up without worrying about the problem.
Also don't forget the trucks that pass through the village at my house ...
Still, I would have liked to catch the idiots who deflated the tires of my disabled friends who use their modern 4x4 to go into the wild.
But a long time ago ... Indeed some deflated groups got caught in the meantime and it cost them so hot that they stopped raging
8)
Last edited by andre-34 the 03 / 02 / 08, 20: 06, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/02/08, 19:55

The problem with extremists (green and others) is that they only want to see and hear what "suits" them ... and there is generally a huge lack of perspective ...

It's called indoctrination ...
0 x