Consumption DCi, HDi ...

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/01/06, 12:15

I have no car ... but fortunately who has Christine's twingo for the races : Mrgreen:
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 15/05/06, 17:54

Hi everybody.

Interesting what is said on this post. Come on, I'll bring my little seed there.

: Arrow: The first point I would like to make is that, unlike some, I am for improving car safety. After the first moments of unconsciousness which followed obtaining my license, my driving very quickly became prudent. That did not prevent me from taking a period of terrible shcoumoune which lasted me 5 years and which made me send 3 cars to the junkyard (always without responsibility on my part). I continue to think that the prudence of some is not always enough to compensate for the irresponsibility of others (I was in particular made push in the ditch by a van that I overtook and which did not look in its retro before wanting to overtake also). In this kind of case, the safety of the vehicle will make the difference.

: Arrow: Another point about security, I find scandalous the system of "packs" that manufacturers offer. Personally, following the period described above, I am sensitive to safety equipment. By cons, I royally dab of having an air conditioning, alloy rims, metallic paint or other ceramics of the same style. Well, for the majority of manufacturers, one cannot go without the other. It's the limit of forced sale: "You want airbags, you have to take rims, my boy !!!" : Evil:

: Arrow: About the DA and ABS possibly associated with AFU (Emergency braking assistance). It does not seem to me that it is impossible to get used to the good ways of using this equipment. The most difficult is to jointly use 2 cars, one of which is equipped, the other not. It is necessary to "change reflexes" at the same time as the car: Braking "foot inside to activate the AFU on one, succession of braking and release on the other so as not to block the wheels.

: Arrow: To finish with consumption: an edifying example to confirm previous posts: by replacing my "old" BX 1.9D from 1991 with a Picasso 1.9Hdi from 2004, my consumption went from 6.5l / 100Km to ... 6.6l / 100Km: What progress. And it is not to the benefit of safety because with a suspension and a hydraulic braking, I wonder if, even without ABS and other, the BX is not worth the Picasso.

Here is.
Thank you to everyone who had the courage to read my novel to the end : Lol:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding

by Guest » 15/05/06, 18:37

Targol wrote:That did not prevent me from taking a period of terrible shcoumoune which lasted me 5 years and which made me send 3 cars to the junkyard (always without responsibility on my part). I continue to think that the prudence of some is not always enough to compensate for the irresponsibility of others (I was in particular made push in the ditch by a van that I overtook and which did not look in its retro before wanting to overtake also). In this kind of case, the safety of the vehicle will make the difference.

: Arrow: About the DA and ABS possibly associated with AFU (Emergency braking assistance). It does not seem to me that it is impossible to get used to the good ways of using this equipment. The most difficult is to jointly use 2 cars, one of which is equipped, the other not. It is necessary to "change reflexes" at the same time as the car: Braking "foot inside to activate the AFU on one, succession of braking and release on the other so as not to block the wheels.

: Arrow: To finish with consumption: an edifying example to confirm previous posts: by replacing my "old" BX 1.9D from 1991 with a Picasso 1.9Hdi from 2004, my consumption went from 6.5l / 100Km to ... 6.6l / 100Km: What progress. And it is not to the benefit of safety because with a suspension and a hydraulic braking, I wonder if, even without ABS and other, the BX is not worth the Picasso.

Hello
1: All bikers will tell you that it is better to be alive in your twists than dead in your rights. : Evil:
2: : Idea: a good horn that prevents an accident is safer than an airbag that limits damage.
3: There are physical laws (unavoidable) that make a van not as good on the road as a car; if you are passionate about safety, don't buy a van : Mrgreen: .
4: If you need abs, afu and a trajectory corrector; sell your car and negotiate a package with the local taxi.
5: : Idea:The best way to avoid being damaged in an accident is to have no accident, the solutions are simple, to choose from. Do not go on the road, if necessary: ​​have correct training and a healthy vehicle. in the wet it is better to have quality tires recent, than a latest generation ABS and smooth Korean to stop short.
The statistics always speak of deaths per km traveled, never deaths during the time spent on the road; should be seen (600km at 200km / h = 3 hours, 600 at 100km / h = dodo et crach).
6: a 1.2t box will always consume less than a 1.5t van :P
@+
0 x
tomy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tomy » 15/05/06, 19:23

For my part, I have a 205 diesel (4,5l / 100km) & a golf GTI that I count "pantonized" for a reduction in pollution mainly (7l / 100km). Having driven a 206 hdi, the only difference I see is that with a more powerful car we tend to "push" more. What I mean by the is that everything is done to drive faster. Watch in a few years how the horses have increased in power: we have gone from 60-90hp in the 90s to 100-200hp now.

Personally, I thought that the builders were less stupid but that nay !!!! It's more a race for equipment which for me is useless. Let me explain: without a security system like ABS, maybe people would stick a little less to the c * l as they do so well : Evil: , or a more careful driving on wet ground (without esp and company).

Finally, I think modern cars are "crime shooters" more than anything else. This is sure it is more comfortable ... but at what price ???
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 15/05/06, 20:41

Hi there mister Guest. I think you should read the messages a little better before replying to them (that said without any animosity).
Anonymous wrote:1: All bikers will tell you that it is better to be alive in your twists than dead in your rights. : Evil:

I agree all the more with you that my best friend has just died on a motorcycle in his right, but I don't see what that matters to the discussion, me, I am alive and in my right. But hey, you must have wanted to write that.
Anonymous wrote:2: : Idea: a good horn that prevents an accident is safer than an airbag that limits damage.

TUUUUUUUT !!! well tried but wrong answer :D
I did not give all the circumstances of the accident, but in this case I honked my horn but it was not enough and I did not have an airbag.
Anonymous wrote:3: There are physical laws (unavoidable) that make a van not as good on the road as a car; if you are passionate about safety, don't buy a van : Mrgreen: .

If you read correctly, the van, I was not in it, it pushed me. In addition, there are also physical laws which mean that if a van hits a BX laterally, the BX takes off.

Anonymous wrote:4: If you need abs, afu and a trajectory corrector; sell your car and negotiate a package with the local taxi.

This is the kind of very constructive remark that I love. Don’t you have an intellectual thing like buying a bike to add? : Lol:

Anonymous wrote:5: : Idea:The best way to avoid being damaged in an accident is to have no accident, the solutions are simple, to choose from. Do not go on the road, if necessary: ​​have correct training and a healthy vehicle. in the wet it is better to have quality tires recent, than a latest generation ABS and smooth Korean to stop short.

And if you have no choice, that your job is 35Km from home? And once again (I already wrote it in the previous post), the most careful of drivers is not safe from the most irresponsible of Fangios.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 15/05/06, 22:04

[JOKE ON MODE]

STOP THE ROAD ACCIDENTS! : Shock:

Let's ride on the sidewalks! : Mrgreen:

[JOKE OFF MODE]
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 16/05/06, 09:05

Good to return to the dci conso,

I am fighting on my work-dom journey to descend to 4,3L / 100 on Megane 1,9dci.

Finally also must be said that the traffic is not important and that I can let go in freewheeling and on the flat the revival of the car is done using homeopathic dose just to revive the body. (a bit like the shell marathon :) what)

I wonder what it would be like with a smaller dci or a simple Diesel.

Otherwise my consumption is 5,5L / 100, I think.
0 x
nialabert
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by nialabert » 14/09/06, 11:50

tomy wrote:[...
] Having driven a 206 hdi, the only difference I see is that with a more powerful car we tend to "push" more. What I mean by the is that everything is done to drive faster. Watch in a few years how the horses have increased in power: we have gone from 60-90hp in the 90s to 100-200hp now.

[...]

I have before me an article from TCS (again him) which talks about car tuning. Basically, we took an Opel Astra and made some modifications to a specialized box.

In particular Chip tuning (Replacement of the electronic chip). Here are the results;

Before:
174 PS @ 5200 rpm
250 Nm @ 1950 rpm
0-100 km / h in 7.65s

After:
219 PS @ 5100 rpm
330 Nm @ 4000 rpm
0-100 km / h in 6.97s

We see that it works well but or it becomes interesting, it is that the consumption increased only by 0.2l / 100 km. At the level of pollution it is doing well too.
The author concludes: "Positive results, then, but which must be put into perspective because such a powerful car obviously leads to a more sporty driving, hence increased consumption in practice."

So apparently if we increase the engine efficiency the consumption does not necessarily decrease. Now we can increase the power by changing the chip, can we reduce the consumption with another map?

If the pantone allows to increase the power, but not to decrease the consumption?
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 14/09/06, 14:47

nialabert wrote:If the pantone allows to increase the power, but not to decrease the consumption?

Hello

On the pantones that I fitted on the cars, the power does not increase but the torque a lot.
If the driver integrates it into his driving the consumption drops (5 to 25/100 see more on prehistoric vehicles) : Lol:
if the driver makes the vacuum mill the consumption does not fall. : Evil:

@+

ps: at your disposal for any additional pipes
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Other

by Other » 14/09/06, 16:22

Hello

Precisely the panton decreases the consumption to a certain power if you always drive at 90kmh with panton and without panton the difference is thin.
but if you always drive at 130km / h there is a good difference on consumption, and without forgetting that those who work at 100% frying oil you can clearly feel the effects of the pants, I noticed this recently because of the frying I roll harder to avoid the crushing of the engine and I am surprised to see that the consumption does not climb as quickly, in more that regulates a good part of the icing and stuffing of the first segments.
Like those we dismantled this summer on the Jetta after a
50 km with high% oil without pants.

Andre
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."