Motorcycle Safety and 2 Wheels: Awareness Campaign

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/06/10, 21:42

Ben Saurus, I was thinking of shooting one of these 4 at Spa, but hey it's still quite far ... from France.

By cons we could organize a ride or more simple, join an existing ride ... the problem is obviously, the geographic dispersion ...
0 x
Econosaurus
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Econosaurus » 22/06/10, 22:49

Here I am, I don't give a damn about doing 1000 km on the V-max. It’s just a gasoline mass blow : Mrgreen:

But why not, organize this in advance ......
0 x
"It's not once you shit in bed that you squeeze your butt ..."
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 23/06/10, 12:21

oiseautempete wrote:in case of emergency braking: mef! : do not sniff the pot of a car too closely, especially if it is a driving chick (unpredictable (distracted by cell phone, children, make-up, etc.), and in addition they do not seem to appreciate motorcycles

Can not help but notice this passage A caricatural HAIR ... : Cheesy:

No, in fact women have much less experience with 2 wheels and they are not always aware of the constraints of bikers (coating, vision etc). This is also the case for some men who do not know the bike.
0 x
Econosaurus
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Econosaurus » 23/06/10, 14:44

Hahahaahaaaaaa! Read that guys before getting into the "Woman at the wheel, dead on the turn" debate : Cheesy:

Although dizzy in cars, to the point of having their points withdrawn from their license, women were 3,7 times less likely to be killed on the road than men in 2005, for the same number of kilometers traveled .
On the other hand, it should be noted that the majority of their trips are made in cities where the risk of accidents is lower.

Do women learn their lessons better or are they more afraid of being punished?
In both cases the result is positive because, since the installation of automatic speed cameras they have changed their behavior to 85% against 77% of men.

http://www.magicmaman.com/,medaille-d-or-de-la-bonne-conduite-en-voiture-l-homme-ou-la-femme,1277,17351.asp

Basically, if you think about it, it is men who are road dangers, not women!

For motorcycles, it will be difficult to say who is the most dangerous, because there is too great a disproportion between the number of men and women who ride motorcycles (more men, although nowadays we sees more and more ponytails sticking out of the helmet ^^)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/06/10, 15:34

(...) the same number of kilometers traveled.
On the other hand, it should be noted that the majority of their trips are made in cities where the risk of accidents is lower.

Is that so? Compared to the km traveled, I think on the contrary that the city (and periphery) is the main accident-prone place ...

Econosaurus wrote:Basically, if you think about it, it is men who are road dangers, not women!

No need to think to see it, just see the main criteria for buying men: power and torque ...

That of women: the look and the habitability ...

Econosaurus wrote:For motorcycles, it will be difficult to say who is the most dangerous, because there is too great a disproportion between the number of men and women who ride motorcycles (more men, although nowadays we sees more and more ponytails sticking out of the helmet ^^)

Well if we can do it for plums on radars, we can do it for motorcycles ...

And I believe that in number of motorbike licenses passed, we are almost at fairness today ...

On the other hand, bikers in hypersportive it is rather ultra rare ...
0 x
Econosaurus
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Econosaurus » 23/06/10, 18:26

Christophe wrote:Well if we can do it for plums on radars, we can do it for motorcycles ...

And I believe that in number of motorbike licenses passed, we are almost at fairness today ...

On the other hand, bikers in hypersportive it is rather ultra rare ...

I agree with you ! Only, we observe this increase in motorcycle licenses passed by women only for a very short time ... Like what times are changing.
It's a bit like the number of enlisted in the army; it increases slowly but surely :)
0 x
Aumicron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Aumicron » 23/06/10, 18:42

Although off topic, be careful Econosaurus, a ponytail protruding from the helmet is not necessarily proof of a woman on the handlebars. Beware of surprises.
0 x
To argue.
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 23/06/10, 19:11

According to accident statistics, 85% of the causes of 2 wheel accidents are due to a fault or infraction of a car, van or truck. 12% are due to the infrastructure, the behavior of the biker and finally 3% for a mechanical problem.

So it is not to motorcyclists that campaigns should address because their behavior accounts for only part of the 12% of accident causes, but to drivers of other vehicles that cause 85% of accidents with a 2 wheeler.

As long as we get the target wrong we won't change anything.

See a car turning without flashing and fuck a 2 wheel in the air we should see the biker lying on the ground screaming in pain with an open fracture and full of blood with the message to the driver:

"You just forgot to take 2 seconds to turn on your blinker and look in your rearview mirror before you turn. You broke his leg and he's going to suffer for 2 years."

There we hit the target driver of the BAR (Box A Wheels) while reminding the driver of 2 wheels that it can happen to him.

Brief campaign badly targeted, useless?
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 23/06/10, 19:44

Christophe wrote:
(...) the same number of kilometers traveled.

Is that so? Compared to the km traveled, I think on the contrary that the city (and periphery) is the main accident-prone place ...

Econosaurus wrote:Basically, if you think about it, it is men who are road dangers, not women!

No need to think to see it, just see the main criteria for buying men: power and torque ...

That of women: the look and the habitability ...

Econosaurus wrote:For motorcycles, it will be difficult to say who is the most dangerous, because there is too great a disproportion between the number of men and women who ride motorcycles (more men, although nowadays we sees more and more ponytails sticking out of the helmet ^^)

In fact it is incomplete: women have more accidents in number, but much less serious, which explains the much lower insurance premiums of the "so-called" weak sex ...
What man or woman prefers as the type of vehicle, it also depends on the age, but it is certain that at any age, men will always have a certain penchant for "girl traps" which make "vroum vroum" : Lol:
Yeah uh, the ponytail ..., I know a beautiful blonde who belongs to a handsome, muscular, muscular male : Mrgreen:
But it is true that generally, the girls take much less risk on motor bike than the guys: they do not have the spirit of competition (you saw what I put to you and to your trétaud! .. .) and are perhaps more aware of risking their skin ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/06/10, 19:53

former oceanic wrote:According to accident statistics, 85% of the causes of 2 wheel accidents are due to a fault or infraction of a car, van or truck. 12% are due to the infrastructure, the behavior of the biker and finally 3% for a mechanical problem.

I could not confirm your head figures but I confirm the general trend: most motorbike accidents are the fault of the car.

I have on hand a file of Moto Mag from a few years ago entirely dedicated to motorcycle road safety.

I'm scanning it tomorrow.
0 x