Motorcycle Safety and 2 Wheels: Awareness Campaign

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

Motorcycle Safety and 2 Wheels: Awareness Campaign

by Christophe » 18/06/10, 18:54

The government has just launched a road safety campaign dedicated to bikers ... finally to motorized 2 wheelers:

www.conduit-un-deux-roues.gouv.fr

Better biker than ever huh! : Mrgreen:

The 4 spots are very well done I think (it feels like it!)! Stuntmen or digital? Surely a little of the 2 ...

By cons in the text there would be things to say:

The more the speed increases, the more the visual field reduces.

At 40 km / h the visual field is 100 °, at 70 km / h the visual field is 75 °, at 100 km / h the visual field is 45 °, at 130 km / h the visual field is 30 °.

At high speed, it is limited to a central vision of the road. Some studies say the visual field is reduced to that of a mole ! Hence the difficulty for a biker to anticipate when a motorist dislocates.

Ah well it's beautiful! So like that, we are all moles ... models? : Mrgreen:
0 x
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 18/06/10, 19:13

some photos to improve the security campaign

two accidents in the same place 4 dead .........
No comments
0 x
every morning you look naked in a large ice after 3 minutes you will see that your home and your worst picture ......
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 19/06/10, 04:19

Hello

I would like to understand why the motorcyclists when it rides on a road almost always runs close to the center line on the road?
Method taught, because of the wear of the road made by cars? , so as not to be overtaken?
I thought it made more sense to drive in the middle of the half lane much like cars and other vehicles?

Probably there must be a reason that motorcycle practitioners know.

Andre
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 19/06/10, 08:45

Andre wrote:Hello

I would like to understand why the motorcyclists when it rides on a road almost always runs close to the center line on the road?
Method taught, because of the wear of the road made by cars? , so as not to be overtaken?
I thought it made more sense to drive in the middle of the half lane much like cars and other vehicles?

Probably there must be a reason that motorcycle practitioners know.

Andre

it depends on the circumstances: in a straight line when you have no one in front, you usually drive logically in the middle of its tread, but when you get closer to a vehicle, you shift towards the center of the road while simply because in the event of sudden braking of the vehicle in front, it makes it easy to avoid, a motorcycle braking much less than a car especially if it is recent (wide tires + abs), ditto of course if we intend to exceed.
If the road is dirty, we also tend to drive on the parts cleaned by the wheels of cars, rather towards the middle of the road because on the outside there are often unpleasant surprises (sand, gravel, various debris. .) ... ditto if there are potholes (it sometimes happens in the mountains when the road has not yet been patched up with winter damage, the lowland roads are generally in very good condition in the main countries European (I know that this is not necessarily the case for example in the USA where the maintenance is much more lax).
When cornering, it is rather the ideal trajectory that controls: exterior-interior-exterior or vice versa depending on the direction of rotation ... : Lol:
Then there are also the good or bad habits of bikers ...

In terms of safety, there are many who confuse the road and the speed circuit, or who simply have dangerous driving: slalom between cars, bad anticipation, lack of attention, failure to respect safety distances, error of judgment, e.g. : widening of the trajectory due to an excessive speed compared to the curvature of the turn which often occurs when it is turns which "close": near my home there was recently a frontal collision between 1 motorbike and 1 truck in a tight blind bend on a narrow mountain road: the motorcycle arrived too quickly: lane offset and the truck widened its trajectory to be able to take the bend ... In the same place, I experienced the same thing, but like I arrived quietly, I was able to easily correct my trajectory towards the outside to avoid the truck ... sometimes people don't give a damn because I "drag myself", but I am still alive and have never done drop on motorcycle, forcompensate for the many falls on my bike that I experienced young no doubt ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 19/06/10, 09:58

two accidents in the same place 4 dead .........

in this case the bikers rolled on the middle band in a bend and frontal percussion
0 x
every morning you look naked in a large ice after 3 minutes you will see that your home and your worst picture ......
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/06/10, 10:02

Andre wrote:Probably there must be a reason that motorcycle practitioners know.

Uh, I was never taught that ...

On the other hand, coming from the world of the mob, I remember that my very first motorcycle school lesson, I was driving "too much to the right" ... "bike" style.

It enraged the monitor who was screaming into his microphone for 2 hours, hard bad habits : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

This is in a straight line, in a left turn, it makes sense to hit the center line, to find the best trajectory ... I rarely (slightly) cut the line in fast turns (zig zag, chicane) by making sure that there is nobody opposite obviously ...

Otherwise rolling towards the middle also serves to overtake faster ...

In Belgium some roads are so rotten from rotten (coating) that you have to zig zager to avoid the holes ... you can not exploit the potential of a motorcycle on such roads ... I have done it again experience last night. Frankly dangerous ...

oiseautempete wrote:a motorcycle braking much less than a car especially if it is recent (wide tires + abs),

Really? : Shock:

oiseautempete wrote:but I am still alive and have never fallen on a motorcycle, to compensate for the many falls on a bike that I probably lived young ...

+1 but I also took a few jails in a mob, including 2 in the direction of a hosto ...
The nazes who roll in thongs or shorts never fell on a bike in their youth I think ...

Damn I just read your answer and you already said everything, I have that repeat : Mrgreen:
0 x
Aumicron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Aumicron » 19/06/10, 10:38

Regarding this campaign, I saw a spot on TV where a biker accelerates on a small road then waffles taking a curve to the left and a voiceover says a message like: now we know what it feels like to take a turning too fast.

I do not find this spot very convincing. The impression of excessive speed is not obvious and I am sure that most bikers will say that the guy who is on the handlebars is a redneck and that they themselves would have gone much faster without damage.

I think it is better to emphasize the dangers linked to excessive speed at crossroads (for example) or stupid behavior and their consequences (photos of the type zorglub)
0 x
To argue.
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 19/06/10, 11:21

Christophe wrote:In Belgium some roads are so rotten from rotten (coating) that you have to zig zager to avoid the holes ... you can not exploit the potential of a motorcycle on such roads ... I have done it again experience last night. Frankly dangerous ...

oiseautempete wrote:a motorcycle braking much less than a car especially if it is recent (wide tires + abs),

Really? : Shock:

Ah, the Belgian roads! I remember a Lille-Luxembourg trip passing on the Belgian motorway: very bad condition indeed, and the limitation to 110 makes the "pleasure" last: made me regret our French billiards at 130 despite the toll ... : Lol:

Yep, braking level, due to the small contact surface of the front tire (the rear is almost useless for emergency braking since the wheel takes off) and the power limitation (otherwise it blocks, or the ass goes over ...) a motorcycle is not famous especially compared to a modern car whose deceleration power is enormous: in case of emergency braking: mef! : do not sniff the pot of a car too closely, especially if it is a driving chick (unpredictable (distracted by cell phone, children, make-up, etc.), and in addition they do not seem to appreciate motorcycles and do not hesitate to make dangerous overtaking + fish tail (in built-up areas, because on the road as I do not respect the limits too much (depending on the state of the road), it is rarer than auto exceeds : Cheesy:
The most efficient braking motorcycles I have tried (I am thinking of buying a BMW R1200R next year) are BMWs with tele-suspension + ABS: the bike settles on the suspensions instead of diving as with a conventional fork and the deceleration is quite impressive for a motorbike: try it you will be surprised! ... but must not forget that the ABS only works in a straight line : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/06/10, 12:28

Aumicron wrote:Regarding this campaign, I saw a spot on TV where a biker accelerates on a small road then waffles taking a curve to the left and a voiceover says a message like: now we know what it feels like to take a turning too fast.

It is on the link above ...
There are 3 others ...

Aumicron wrote:I do not find this spot very convincing. The impression of excessive speed is not obvious and I am sure that most bikers will say that the guy who is on the handlebars is a redneck and that they themselves would have gone much faster without damage.

If it goes fast, take a look on youtube and watch videos where the counters can see ... the videos have trouble reporting the speed.

I would say to the ladle that it is 150-160 ... odometer ... on a road surely limited to 90 ... see 70 ... but normally a modern motorcycle does not fall as easily ... except spot fuel oil / oil / gravel ....

Aumicron wrote:I think it is better to emphasize the dangers linked to excessive speed at crossroads (for example) or stupid behavior and their consequences (photos of the type zorglub)

Precisely the other 3 spots, that's it!
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 19/06/10, 22:28

Aumicron wrote:Regarding this campaign, I saw a spot on TV where a biker accelerates on a small road then waffles taking a curve to the left and a voiceover says a message like: now we know what it feels like to take a turning too fast.

Aumicron wrote:I do not find this spot very convincing. The impression of excessive speed is not obvious and I am sure that most bikers will say that the guy who is on the handlebars is a redneck and that they themselves would have gone much faster without damage.

If it goes fast, take a look on youtube and watch videos where the counters can see ... the videos have trouble reporting the speed.

I would say to the ladle that it is 150-160 ... odometer ... on a road surely limited to 90 ... see 70 ... but normally a modern motorcycle does not fall as easily ... except spot fuel oil / oil / gravel ....

What a video, or a single pass at the exact spot, cannot render is the condition of the road. Just around the corner from my house, a little while ago a kid who passes by in a cyclo and who wallows on the small bridge and without attacking like a patient. Fortunately, more fear than harm, but he knows the road and takes it every day, it looked "almost dry" ... but in fact despite the color, it was wet ... .and finely dusty and maybe the tires a little too inflated .....

Attacking on the road is reserved for brainless people : Mrgreen:. To have fun, there are the circuits, you can wallow without encountering concrete or a rail! It's the only place where they don't cross the road on their own, just to annoy you : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132