Bullerjan wood burning stove: notice?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
huetator
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Bullerjan wood burning stove: notice?

by huetator » 19/09/07, 22:01

Hello everyone, great site! here I am like many people I want to heat my house; in addition to a heated floor that seems essential, I would like to put a stove bullerjan because I think it is one of the only on the market that will be able to heat the 400m3 because it heats by convection and not by radiation as most other stoves it seems to me. I have 2 questions: what do you think bullerjans? And there is another stove that gives as much heat for this volume? thank you very much!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/09/07, 17:57

1) Here's what the famous stove looks like (Mad Max atmosphere in the living room warranty :) ):

2) For convection walking, it depends on the configuration of your house.

Many heating engineers claim, on the contrary, radiant heating appliances (much less losses by aeration, carpentry, less dust, etc. etc ...).

I think that the convection stoves are reserved for houses with many small rooms with few openings on the outside. Old style renovated farmhouse.
0 x
huetator
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by huetator » 20/09/07, 18:30

thank you for the photo and for the explanation; my house will be flush (log) with a floor open on a mezzanine that takes a quarter of the surface
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/09/07, 18:39

Ben for the explanation, that's what came to me, but I'm not sure 100%

What do the pros think about the plans of your house?
0 x
huetator
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by huetator » 20/09/07, 19:54

ay think I think it's the opposite, it's the radiating stoves that are for small rooms and convection for large volumes but it's true I must ask the carpenter
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/09/07, 20:19

Yes and no: as the radiation (as the name implies) are stopped by the walls, they will have trouble heating the rest of the rooms by air circulation ... in this case (bcp small room), a Convection stove is, I think, recommended (provided you circulate the air).

But if you put your stove in a room with large volume (mezzanine for example), the radiation is advisable I think ... (a stove shines in all directions), otherwise all the heat showed on the ceiling ... and will not benefit not to the inhabitants ...

But anyway one thing is certain: no stove radiates 100% as none "convection" 100%. It's always a compromise ...

And the choice (and especially the location) of a stove depends mainly on the configuration of the house ...

More about radiation heating on this topic: https://www.econologie.com/forums/essais-et- ... t3934.html
Last edited by Christophe the 20 / 09 / 07, 20: 24, 1 edited once.
0 x
huetator
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by huetator » 20/09/07, 20:23

and what do you have for heating? Is it you bullerjan?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/09/07, 20:35

No it's not mine, I recovered on the net.

For my heating, vast question ... if I answer I will surely envy (so much better we have to be copied to the maximum) ... go I start:

- low indirect solar T ° underfloor heating heated by 70 m² of single-glazed solar panels for self-construction (not by me ...) energy storage in a buffer of approximately 65 m3 in a "room" of the cellar (losses of the buffer = indirect heating)
- Solar hot water drawn in buffer
- SAEY 11,5 wood stove kW in mezanine living room
- wood burning boiler deom 12kW ( https://www.econologie.com/forums/chaudiere- ... t3487.html )
- oil boiler in addition to all

All in a very well insulated house (cell concrete 40 cm)

As we have not spent a winter in the house, I could not tell you the consumptions of each device (for now it is 100% solar). But we will make sure to burn the minimum of fuel oil, of course ...

There, you know everything...
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Bullerjan wood stove: notice?

by the middle » 21/09/07, 08:54

huetator wrote:Hello everyone, great site! here I am like many people I want to heat my house; in addition to a heated floor that seems essential, I would like to put a stove bullerjan because I think it is one of the only on the market that will be able to heat the 400m3 because it heats by convection and not by radiation as most other stoves it seems to me. I have 2 questions: what do you think bullerjans? And there is another stove that gives as much heat for this volume? thank you very much!

A little the same style on ebay
http://cgi.befr.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... EL:BE:1123
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/09/07, 09:53

Rooh the naughty copiers! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

In place of Bullerjans I would not be happy :) (unless it's the opposite or there are agreements between them) ...
0 x