Burning problem on Poele France Turbo

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
cedric07
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Burning problem on Poele France Turbo

by cedric07 » 22/12/07, 00:21

Hello, I'm a brand new guy on the forum that I discover.

Sorry to start here with a question, but here I need wise advice, because my convictions and my life choices (wood heating only among others) are harmed every winter since 3 years I have this stove. ..

I have a turbo stove 14Kw, but I have combustion problems.
Indeed, even with the two air inlets (turbo) open in large, and the arrival of air for starting open at bottom, the wood is consumed badly.
It burns down into hot embers, then the embers are covered with ashes, and emit almost no heat all night!
In the morning I freeze, while the stove is full of embers covered ...
so to make room I sort each morning the ashes embers, and I get out of the ashes and coal (10l / day !!!) ... in fact my stove is a charcoal : Cry:

I specify that I use dry wood of 2 years and more, that the conduit of 5 m is entirely sheathed.

I finally drove a rain / smoke back protection, in the shape of H.
Is it related to that?
Would it be better to have an air extractor?
I read that the majority of the fireplaces have a draw too strong, and that many of you limit the draw ... do I go wrong trying to increase it?

That's a lot of questions ... thanks to those of you who will be able to offer me some ideas.

Cedric
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 22/12/07, 00:51

Did you sweep the smoke evacuation tube?

If this has been done, could you tell us the diameter
casing?

Your problem is very likely to be insufficient.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/12/07, 10:58

Hi and welcome here!

I confirm the opinion of Rabbit, it seems to me strongly to be a draw pb ...

Some questions to see more clearly:

A) What model of France Turbo do you have exactly?

B) Was it installed by a pro? In other words: does the chimney height correspond to the instructions in the manual?

C) Was there another stove on this same chimney BEFORE? Or is it a NEW chimney?

D) How are the ignitions? Easy or difficult?

I remember a stove at my parents' house with a terrible draft problem due to the environment (house next to a factory with a 12m high sheet metal shed). Often there was inversion of draft and it even repressed! Not glop ... However my father had calculated the right height of chimney ... but without taking into account the disturbing "environment" !!

The only solution was to increase the height of the chimney and put a dynamic extractor like this:

0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 22/12/07, 12:10

Welcome to the forum Cedric07!
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 22/12/07, 12:16

Christophe wrote:I confirm the opinion of Rabbit, it seems to me strongly to be a draw pb ...

Besides, do not we say shoot like a rabbit ??? : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

It's good, I stop ... : Oops:

More seriously, there is also the place where the duct opens in relation to the roof and any other obstacle!

If I find the diagram, I put the link!
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 22/12/07, 12:31

0 x
cedric07
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

pb combustion france turbo

by cedric07 » 22/12/07, 12:36

Hello,
thank you for your answers, it confirms what seemed obvious ... but sometimes the evidences need to be confirmed!

So yes I cleaned the duct at the beginning of the season, the duct is in 180mm, right exit and rigid tube on 1,5m, then he joined a bushel sheathed sheath until its output is a total height of about 5 meters.
As far as the model is concerned, this is the TP350 straight output:

It was installed by the technicians of France turbo, for against it is a chimney creation in an old house, but it seems to me that it respects the recommendations (exceeds 40cm about the fact).

What surprises me is that the ignition is very good, it never represses, not even at the beginning when the pipe is cold!

By cons tonight by posing a dry log on a bed of embers I had just revived, I got up with a log still half, a bed of embers under the ash ... and with a cold house!

Do you think that the dynamic extractor is sufficient or must it add a bushel in parallel?
Are there better extractors than others?
If yes, which ones...

Thanks for all.

Cedric
0 x
cedric07
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

pb combustion france turbo

by cedric07 » 22/12/07, 12:57

Gregconstruct wrote:http://www.canren.gc.ca/prod_serv/index ... 3&PgId=672

http://www.civ.be/fr/cheminee02.shtml

With the 2 links above, you should have some good info!

Thank you for your links, I realize that it will certainly add a bushel, but I wonder even more about the hat that I bought in a material store ... it may be too close to the exit , and prevents a correct suction ...

If I add a bushel, my sheath will become too short ... is there a solution?
Or am I obliged to replace the sheath completely what I fear ...?

Thank you for your welcome on the forum.

Cedric
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: pb burning turbo

by Chatham » 22/12/07, 13:49

cedric07 wrote:Thank you for your links, I realize that it will certainly add a bushel, but I wonder even more about the hat that I bought in a material store ... it may be too close to the exit , and prevents a correct suction ...

The T-caps have the disadvantage of reducing the draft because the gases at the outlet cool too much, a rotary extractor works much better, but indeed the length of the duct seems a little "limited" ... I know a house where there is had the same kind of problem, but this was the casing which had a diameter too large compared to the power of the stove, and in addition the fireplace was against the outside wall: as long as the fire was small, the combustion was bad because not enough draft, but when the fire had started well and the fireplace had heated up, it worked without problems ...
0 x
brouillet
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

France turbo WARNING DANGER !!!!

by brouillet » 26/01/10, 11:12

HELLO, I am new and I want to alert you about this company !!

I bought a loza double face at home and that's where my troubles started !!!

The installation by their installer agrees was deplorable, judge yourself!

One of the doors falls in the truck when unpacking
the ceiling protection plate: it is wrong and makes holes in the ceilings (balance sheet + painting at my expense)
retouching very visible paintings (even on my tile)

1 only after commissioning, the duct protection hood splits. New catastrophic intervention !!!!!!!

There, their technician only changes part of the hood but it leaves me a trace of gray paint on the ceiling, also leaves fingerprints painted on the plate, and finally scratched the piece changed!
What skills, but it is not everything!

The service SAV bureaucracy is at the top !!! I contact them for explanations and a solution: 5 months later and a recommended + mails + very many calls = no solution.

But I let you judge on room !!

After having been forced to send photos (confidence reigns !!) of their work so well done, I am told that anyway they are insured and that I only have to send a quote (recommended) .
Done, they found it too expensive !!! (necessarily, 70 m2 to repaint, it costs a little: 1000 euros at a craftsman) So, I am offered a check for 150 euros.
(It does not even cover the painting)

I return an email: no answer so still obliged to call.

And here is the highlight of the show: I am told that my counter proposal to 500 euros is too much and that I intend to completely repaint my house with such a sum.

I want to make it clear that I am neither a crook nor a thug (I work as a Gendarme at the Prime Minister's office).

Then, I'm told that when the technician will come to fix his mistakes, the latter having received training to redo placo and retouches paints without leaving a trace, will solve all problems!

Who are we laughing at !!! The artisan painter himself with the original painting certifies that traces of retouching will be visible!

I am exhausted against France Turbo who seems to be gifted only to make drafts and walked his customers for months months for the bored!

However, we will notice that the installation, the service and the product quality speaks for itself !!!

I still have to undergo a (normally !!!) last intervention sav.

France Turbo = Do not be fooled !! flee to other serious manufacturers (this exists)

see you soon
0 x