Combustion problem never fixed Okofen

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
fontcouverte
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Combustion problem never fixed Okofen

by fontcouverte » 06/02/23, 20:38

Bonjour,
We had an Okofen Pellematic Compact pellet boiler installed, which was installed at the beginning of December. Very quickly, the boiler emitted black smoke with greasy soot. Okofen is informed of the situation and it seems that this case is rare but that we are several in France with this same problem. Okofen France has been testing for 2 months to adjust the combustion, or the quantity of pellets that arrives by suction. Nevertheless, after two months of tests and adjustments, we still get greasy soot on the upper cover of the boiler and the exterior stainless steel chimney is completely black...
Okofen maintains that it is normal for the chimney to be black (this is however not the case for the neighbours..) and that they are waiting for an update of the system from Okofen Austria.
In short, Okofen France is trying to avoid the machine fault, to bet on a system fault to avoid changing the entire boiler... To date, we are more and more perplexed about this boiler... The problem n is not settled, it seems that it consumes much more than normal... Okofen, who has remote access, has also modified many parameters (the boiler now recharges twice a day, it "cleans up" as well more often ...
Does anyone have the same situation as us?
Thank you for your feedback
2 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Combustion issue never fixed Okofen

by Pilpoill » 07/02/23, 10:26

Hello,

If it is possible to have access to your boiler, I could give you my opinion on what I see first.
1 x
Bernard01290
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Bernard01290 » 16/02/23, 10:13

Hello,
We have exactly the same problem
For now Okofen has done nothing except monitor the boiler
It was installed last December with a steady stream of problems including it not starting brand new out of the box...sorry.
0 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pilpoill » 16/02/23, 10:58

Hello,

The logic would have been to do a simple test by changing the pellets used to rule out this very first track of poor combustion.
Except that the Okofen workers reassure the customers with their monitoring, and without a measuring device in the smoke evacuations, time passes and...

Same answer as before if your boiler is already connected.
0 x
fontcouverte
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fontcouverte » 24/02/23, 11:59

Bernard01290 wrote:Hello,
We have exactly the same problem
For now Okofen has done nothing except monitor the boiler
It was installed last December with a steady stream of problems including it not starting brand new out of the box...sorry.

Hello Bernard,
Do you also have an all-black outdoor fireplace? soot deposits on your boiler?
19.12.22_Roof vertical suction cup.jpeg
19.12.22_Vertical suction cup roof.jpeg (437.17 KiB) Consulted 4332 times
19.12.22_Vertical suction cup roof.jpeg (437.17 KiB) Consulted 4332 times
Attachments
19.12.22_Oily soot boiler deposits.jpeg
19.12.22_Deposits soot fat boiler.jpeg (364.9 KiB) Consulted 4332 times
1 x
fontcouverte
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fontcouverte » 24/02/23, 12:05

Pilpoill wrote:Hello,

If it is possible to have access to your boiler, I could give you my opinion on what I see first.

Bonjour,
We are going to enter into expertise on this boiler, difficult to give you access...
what data could be useful? Is this black soot on the boiler and the duct normal?
Thank you for your reply.
Guillaume
19.12.22_Oily soot boiler deposits.jpeg
19.12.22_Deposits soot fat boiler.jpeg (364.9 KiB) Consulted 4329 times
19.12.22_Vertical suction cup roof.jpeg (437.17 KiB) Consulted 4329 times
0 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pilpoill » 24/02/23, 12:34

Fontcouverte wrote:
Pilpoill wrote:Hello,

Bonjour,
We are going to enter into expertise on this boiler, difficult to give you access...
what data could be useful? Is this black soot on the boiler and the duct normal?
Thank you for your reply.
Guillaume

Hello,

Seems like a lot for soot...

If you have not taken a combustion measurement on the flue gas outlet, you must check over a full day:
- that the flame temperature follows the flame setpoint
- that the depression follows the depression setpoint

Then, you have to test with another brand of pellet.

If none of this was done by Okofen, they're laughing at you...
1 x
fontcouverte
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fontcouverte » 24/02/23, 16:48

Okofen installed a probe to measure the level of oxygen in the fumes.
After waiting for a system update (which in the end will not come), after always having greasy soot, Oekofen says that the problem is solved... The installer hides behind okofen saying that it is a problem of know ...
I called Oekofen France who told me to write them an email because the after-sales service is managed regionally....
- that greasy soot on the boiler is normal...
- that the black chimney is normal...
in short, we're going for a walk!
For me to have an installation in this state only 2 months later is unacceptable....
I think I'll start by posting on social media to get the parent house in Austria moving....
0 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pilpoill » 24/02/23, 17:07

Fontcouverte wrote:Okofen installed a probe to measure the level of oxygen in the fumes.
After waiting for a system update (which in the end will not come), after always having greasy soot, Oekofen says that the problem is solved... The installer hides behind okofen saying that it is a problem of know ...
I called Oekofen France who told me to write them an email because the after-sales service is managed regionally....
- that greasy soot on the boiler is normal...
- that the black chimney is normal...
in short, we're going for a walk!
For me to have an installation in this state only 2 months later is unacceptable....
I think I'll start by posting on social media to get the parent house in Austria moving....

The installer is stuck in this kind of case, he follows the guidelines since the machine is under warranty…

What do the flame and depression temperature values ​​give in relation to their respective setpoints?

And regarding this gas test, is it conclusive? Do you have a report of the machine which recorded the data (this is the same test as during the annual maintenance if it is done according to the rules of the art).
If so, you have to focus on your pellets.
The blackish color is also regularly present on other installations but not necessarily as visible as on yours.

PS: The update will not change anything, everything combustion has been in focus for years and does not change from version to version.
It's more useful for bug fixes, adding new options and cosmetics on the screen, nothing else.

Good luck with regional Okofen and Okofen France if the pollution values ​​are in line…
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 24/02/23, 17:14

Without wanting to get too involved, I think that the problem of soot on the chimney is certainly debatable, not necessarily optimal layout, poor adjustment of the boiler, quality of the pellets, ....
But the fallout of soot on top of the boiler, I don't understand! It can only be an installation problem in my humble opinion. A "vacuum" boiler is, by definition, airtight.
0 x