Info air extractor and connection for vmc turbofan

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
xxx74
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Info air extractor and connection for vmc turbofan

by xxx74 » 31/12/15, 10:36

Hello,

I recovered this air extractor on my old boiler and I would have liked to use it as an insuflateur or extractor air for my future self-construction of a vmc double flow.

Could someone tell me if this kind of fan could fit?

And what is the use of the two purple and yellow threads on the second take?

Here are the photos :

Thank you in advance for your help.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/12/15, 14:18

Yes it could agree if you're not too big because 35w is pretty little so you have to check the flow and pressure ... and noise. The design of such a blast is not optimized for noise ...

See also if scheduled for continuous service.

For the 2 wires where were they connected? I lean for a cut all safety ...

Ps: the indication of useful 11w is interesting
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 31/12/15, 14:44

On the label there are marked 35W and 11W. It's not just a 2 engine speeds hence the number of wires?
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
xxx74
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by xxx74 » 31/12/15, 16:52

The only thing I know is that it is sold new at 189 € ... And it was the extractor of the suction cup of my propane gas propane chilly hydroconfort 80 ...

Lack of luck, I do not remember the location of connection of the two sons!

Otherwise I try to sell it to buy two vmc autoreglable.

At the moment, I have a simple vmc stream at a speed, do you think that the engine would be interesting for my project of double flow? Or is it better to invest in two vmc autoreglable (or hygro b)?

Would it be interesting to aim for a vmc microwatt or the like for the low consumption of their engine?

My vmc would be in the attic and should extract the air from the kitchen, WC on the ground + a shower and a shower upstairs.

She will have to supply air to 3 rooms just below the attic plus the living room and the guest room on the ground floor. I would have liked to inject air in my basement also ...

I ask too much?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/12/15, 18:25

Flytox wrote:On the label there are marked 35W and 11W. It's not just a 2 engine speeds hence the number of wires?

No, I think it's an indication of performance:

35W electric
11W aeraulic
Let 31% of yield :)

Hence my remark on the fact that this is an interesting indication!

Because when you know the actual aeraulic power it's easier to know if it will be enough!
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 01/01/16, 16:00

it would take a view of where these sons go.
it is possible that these wires are used to give an indication of rotational speed to the electronic card, the motor being controlled voltage.
0 x
simplino
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by simplino » 01/01/16, 16:30

there is written on the label
capacitor 3microFarad 220v and therefore this asynchronous motor works only with a capacitor 3 microFarad adequate, probably connected to these 2fils, to verify, to rotate it, like most commercial air circulators, like those I have chimneys or mowers 17microFrd.

http://djelectro71.e-monsite.com/pages/ ... rrage.html

http://www.epsic.ch/pagesperso/maccaudo ... autres.pdf

http://www.volta-electricite.info/artic ... r&pg=10998

etc. ......
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 02/01/16, 09:02

A dual flow VMC rotates 24h / 24, yield and silence is important.
Even if 1Watt of wasted represents only 1,5 € per year ...
On my VMC, the motors are brushless DC.

I remind you that a dual flow VMC must be installed in the heated volume.
Cellar and attic are therefore to be avoided. A cellar, a reserve or a closet are preferable if they are not adjoining a room or other living room.
Fixing should be neat, ideally on silent blocks for sound insulation.
Access to the filter box must be easy, preferably at man's height for filter replacement, which must be done 2 3 times a year minimum ...
This represents a budget easily exceeding 100 € to which we must add about 50 € for electricity consumption.
For fresh air intake, I prefer it under roof and easily accessible to clean the grid on which I add a coarse filter that stops insects and others that will not end up in the filter box. This reduces the need for vacuuming during filter changes.

Last but not least, do not forget the condensate drain.
I installed my VMC in the WC to take advantage of the existing evacuation. : Idea:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 02/01/16, 11:46

What alternative is there to a CMV, when owners don't want it? Is there a way? For example by using the convection produced by a mass stove. I was thinking of making an air inlet through a Canadian well to the fireplace (or not far) and for the extraction of "dirty" air a large stainless steel coil which would recover what it can ...? And evacuation through an ad hoc opening in a wall on the ground floor?

(House of more than a century, of 300m2, with planned: 200mm rock wool in ITE frontage and 300mm of cellulose wadding in under roof works not yet started all is still possible) ...
0 x
simplino
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: info air extractor and connection for vmc double fl

by simplino » 02/01/16, 14:28

xxx74 wrote:Hello,

I recovered this air extractor on my old boiler and I would have liked to use it as an insuflateur or extractor air for my future self-construction of a vmc double flow.

Could someone tell me if this kind of fan could fit?

And what is the use of the two purple and yellow threads on the second take?

Here are the photos :

Thank you in advance for your help.

A VMC single or double direction of flow (better but more complex with filters and not to lose heat) is used to renew the air if necessary, when it is poor, too wet or polluted, and therefore it must be operated the minimum necessary, depending on the measured humidity (via a hygrometer) and manually if you pollute your dwelling , cramped kitchen (acrolein), paints, bromine antifreezes in sofas or armchairs, or dangerous solvents, antifungals, pesticides, on wooden beams or in woods, in particular agglomerates, etc ...

This extractor has a fairly low flow as indicated by the 3 micro-farads good for not too much flow, some parts, but not a big polluted house, and it is possible to run it more slowly with an electronic control for less noise, it mainly depends on the structure of its support, (better rubber).

To answer accurately:

there is written on the label
capacitor 3microFarad 220v and therefore this asynchronous motor only works with a suitable 3 microFarad capacitor, most likely connected to these 2fils, to be checked, to make it run, like most commercial air circulators, like those I have for chimneys or 17microFarad mower motors.

http://djelectro71.e-monsite.com/pages/ ... rrage.html

http://www.epsic.ch/pagesperso/maccaudo ... autres.pdf

http://www.volta-electricite.info/artic ... r&pg=10998

etc. ......

All with capacitor:
http://www.expertbynet.fr/fr/456-moteur-de-bruleur

1 Farad capacitor which contains 1Coulomb under 1 volt, or which under 1volt debiting 1A discharges in one second, electrolytic wholesale, to tantalum or aluminum (Al cheap, less good that dies faster).

The capacitor could be to renew, become dry in 18 years?
See Electronics Vendors, Conrad, Radiospare, Selectronics, etc.
0 x