Here is the heat pump, which should be installed at the end of February at my house...

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Here is the heat pump, which should be installed at the end of February at my house...

by phil59 » 27/01/24, 12:44

heat pump2.jpg
heat pump2.jpg (26.82 KB) Viewed 971 times

A priori the Rolls of pumps... 18 kW

Small error in dimensions, ground floor and first floor, it's 285m2, not 260, but it's at least 3m in ceiling height...

This seems a bit fair to me, knowing that the son-in-law's house, with 240m2, and also 3m under ceiling, has installed 2 12 kW pumps...

The attic, insulation of the ramps, 130m2 of floor space.

The attic will not be heated, or at 10° maximum...
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Here is the heat pump, which should be installed at the end of February at my house...

by sicetaitsimple » 27/01/24, 15:54

phil59 wrote:
The attic will not be heated, or at 10° maximum...

Not understood?
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Here is the heat pump, which should be installed at the end of February at my house...

by phil59 » 27/01/24, 17:39

The attic is a storage room, I might put a 1000W radiator in there....
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Christophe

by Christophe » 27/01/24, 18:07

: Shock:

Do you store your wine in the attic?

Otherwise there is no point in heating an attic, as long as it is indirectly kept frost-free...(and again it depends on what is in there...)
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 27/01/24, 22:43

Hello chti,
The heat pump is valid at low temperatures, with good insulation and if you have a second heating option, if you want to benefit from the tempo option, especially in the upper part of France.

What are you heating with currently?
Do you need to heat upstairs?
Do you have any help?
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 28/01/24, 09:29

izentrop wrote:Hello chti,
The heat pump

What are you heating with currently?

Nuclear, you might like it! : Twisted:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 28/01/24, 09:35

phil59 wrote:The attic is a storage room, I might put a 1000W radiator in there....
Iziment (too much) tells you : Arrowd:
Iziment-trop wrote:...with good insulation […]
So what would his CAP be used for? A 130m2 house well insulated, does not need a heat pump, and I did the calculation five years ago, with €6/000 it paid for the materials and scaffolding (Castorama) today it would be more expensive, but so do the PACs.

Eternal [false] debate.

*) Except in certain cases where it is justified, But you really have to calculate very well to know if the game is worth it: Renewal of the CAP, with a depreciation plan over decades and not with a company which will have disappeared in five years (obviously, without having left an address or name of manager, you just have to make some money with the PAC and bye-bye…), guarantee and all that. Because the replacement of thermal insulation in expanded polystyrene lasts 50 years, I say that I say nothing, how many heat pumps will it have been necessary to replace in 50 years? And how much will it cost? If in addition the customer still has to pay for thermal insulation!
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 28/01/24, 11:29

No direct subsidy, I'm entitled to practically nothing, purple color on I don't know what thing...

I am going to have the insulation of the ramps, with BA13, in the attic.

Heat pump, replacing the gas boiler (which I will leave, or reassemble, afterwards), and wood stove, boiler, with 500L buffer tank, and edf tempo rate, in 12 kVA.

A “thingy” thermo balloon will complete the whole thing.

All for practically nothing.

On very cold days, and red days, the pump will practically not run.

My 1 kWp of panels will be reinforced this summer.
0 x

Christophe

by Christophe » 28/01/24, 12:16

phil59 wrote:I am going to have the insulation of the ramps, with BA13, in the attic.

BA13 is not an insulator.

phil59 wrote:All for practically nothing.

? Did you just say that you would have help?

phil59 wrote:My 1 kWp of panels will be reinforced this summer.

Maybe start there before putting 18 kW of heat pump... right?
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 28/01/24, 13:56

Christophe wrote:
phil59 wrote:I am going to have the insulation of the ramps, with BA13, in the attic.

BA13 is not an insulator.

phil59 wrote:All for practically nothing.

? Did you just say that you would have help?

phil59 wrote:My 1 kWp of panels will be reinforced this summer.

Maybe start there before putting 18 kW of heat pump... right?

-BA13 is not an insulator, OK. But I imagine that the expected effect is a reduction in drafts in the attic, and therefore losses?
-Also surprised about “almost nothing”
- Concerning the priority to be given to the work, that is debatable. First of all because they are not of the same nature. If I remember correctly, Phil59's already installed PV is on the ground, adding a little more is within the reach of any serious DIYer. Plumbing, involving handling machines weighing more than 100kg, a little less. In addition, he has a temporary subscription, which guarantees him a very attractive electricity price except for 22 days in the year. Not sure that it will be cheaper by completing its installation.
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."