Democratization of the pellet stove? Price on sale

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Democratization of the pellet stove? Price on sale

by bernardd » 02/02/10, 15:15

Hello,

It is always interesting to have a view on the minimum public price of a type of product.

For the moment (2/2/2010), the cheapest pellet stove I know of at a public price, it is € 999 including VAT as part of the sales of a DIY chain, for a price before balance of € 1401,38 and a power of 7,5KW. It is given at 82% of yield, which is usual for this power, but the best would be 90%.

Who has seen better?
0 x
See you soon !
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 09/02/10, 15:34

Hello

I think like a lot, you get what you pay for.

I saw a stove at Castomerlinbrico at 1500 €, a "zibro", and frankly, perceived quality level is far below my rika.

In addition I think that in the 1st prices, the adjustment and programming capacities are less than on the more expensive models, and for my part, I find this important.

For example, mine I can adjust it in power (in%), in room thermostat (we want for example 19 ° in the room), and I can also program it
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/02/10, 15:57

Hey moby, of course, Rika is still a (very) high-end stove builder from what I read ...

The first prices in pellets are 4000 € HT not?

So luckily it's better than a 1500 € model ... now in this area, as everywhere in fact: the price does not necessarily make the performance!

Example this "designer" log stove (yuck) Godin Mihot 12kW ... at 5500 € HT !!

Extract of: https://www.econologie.com/les-types-de- ... -4224.html

Then do not forget that what lasts is the simplicity ... and the lifespan is one of the disadvantages of pellet stoves compared to logs ...
Last edited by Christophe the 09 / 02 / 10, 16: 02, 1 edited once.
0 x
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 09/02/10, 16:01

Christophe, what you show is a wood stove and not a pellet stove ;-)

Regarding my rika memo, I paid € 3400 including VAT with room thermostat option

It is true that we cannot generalize €€€ = perf, but most of the time there is still a link.

I think that between the 1st price of a pellet stove and something good value for money, there is the performance (albeit), the silence of operation (important!), And the settings / programming etc
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/02/10, 16:04

Yes yes I know well and it is wanted ...

I just wanted to say that there was "very" expensive (and you can still find higher with pyramid or suspended stoves) in log stoves and that they are not necessarily more efficient as far as a good one. cast iron stove at 1500-2000 €!

3400 € TTC I think you got a good deal. Is this the installed price or 20% VAT?
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 09/02/10, 16:10

what is interesting is to have information on what exists: then everyone can choose with knowledge.

Between the complexity of a basic pellet stove and a washing machine, and the comparison of their prices, the price of pellet stoves may fall further :-)
0 x
See you soon !
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 09/02/10, 16:11

3400 is the stove alone. I had for € 4600 installed with the tubing for outlet in suction cup (which itself is expensive)

After the tax credit it will come back to me around 3000 €
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/02/10, 16:35

Ok Moby is consistent.

bernardd wrote:what is interesting is to have information on what exists: then everyone can choose with knowledge.

That’s why we’re doing the wood heating dossier :)

I say "we" because you participate a lot, thank you!

bernardd wrote:Between the complexity of a basic pellet stove and a washing machine, and the comparison of their prices, the price of pellet stoves may fall further :-)

A 150 kg stove is still a little more raw material just like a 20 kg machine + 10 kg of concrete counter wood ...

By that I mean that there are incompressible costs. I'm not sure the prices will go down in the future ... despite "democratization".

For example, the price of cars has been + or - constant for 30 years (in hours worked necessary to pay for the car) while production has continued to grow (at least globally). Let's not talk about solar PV ... otherwise it will annoy me again : Cheesy:
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 09/02/10, 17:09

Christophe wrote:
bernardd wrote:Between the complexity of a basic pellet stove and a washing machine, and the comparison of their prices, the price of pellet stoves may fall further :-)

A 150 kg stove is still a little more raw material just like a 20 kg machine + 10 kg of concrete counter wood ...

If it's the material that costs, then the price variation just for regulation is a little excessive, isn't it?

As for the material, it will be possible to apply the same technique as for the concrete flywheel of the washing machines: stove cast in concrete ... why not on site ;-)
0 x
See you soon !
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/02/10, 17:23

bernardd wrote:If it's the material that costs, then the price variation just for regulation is a little excessive, isn't it?

The eternal debate: take 2 medium cars of the same mass, one will be at 15 € the other 000 € ...

bernardd wrote:As for the material, it will be possible to apply the same technique as for the concrete flywheel of the washing machines: stove cast in concrete ... why not on site ;-)

Ah ah ah ... not sure that it is "econological"!

However, the counterweight of washing machines: making a counterweight ... filled with water is a good idea!

A French inventor applied for the patent at the end of the 90s, he has met with all the trouble in the world trying to develop his idea ... : Cry:
0 x