Wood heating: why and how? Folder

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Did67

by Did67 » 08/02/10, 14:06

Effectively. And yet, he was there (I collected data two years ago) for a comparative table!

I even have the reference: tests 022/05 and 023/05 and 024/05 (PESK08, PESK 16 and PESK32).

Because of the washing, they actually have the lowest particle emission rates (this was one of my selection criteria), but still not zero:

- from 4 to 6 mg / MJ at nominal power

or from 8 to 13 mg / m3 (at 10% dry O²) at nominal power always.

And the consumption of pellets, it must then be calculated knowing that the boiler efficiency has been tested at 100,6% (compared to the PCI) for the PESK 15; 6 mg / MJ of particles (or 13 mg / m3); 2 mg / MJ of organic compounds; 71 mg / MJ NOx and 21 mg / MJ CO (all at nominal power).
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/02/10, 17:30

Interesting to know: https://www.econologie.com/la-torrefacti ... -4238.html

Biofuels produced by roasting

Roasting, the process used to roast coffee beans, could increase the energy content of major British energy crops by up to 20%. In fact, scientists from the Faculty of Engineering Sciences at the University of Leeds have looked into the behavior during the combustion, after roasting, of plants cultivated specially for energy production.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Remarks

by dedeleco » 20/03/10, 02:21

I read page 1 one by christophe:
unlike fuel oil which is almost the same everywhere on Earth!).

My lungs, by bike in the coasts, between Paris region and PACA do not agree because the sulfur content is very different in the fuel delivered !!
In the VAR they leave the sulfur and it burns the lungs as thirty years ago and more, in the Paris region !!!!
Otherwise I would like to find the various regulatory texts DTU and AFNOR to know and understand how they proceed and what is forgotten.
The secret leads to think that they seek to hide nonsense !!!!
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 23/03/10, 09:43

An interesting article on wood in the last for science:
http://www.pourlascience.fr/ewb_pages/f ... -24688.php

It shows the large amount of wood still unexploited in France, which he estimates between 30 and 40 million m3, 20 of which are recoverable without difficulty.

And again, this does not take into account the remnants of pruning and maintenance of gardens and other urbanized green spaces, which I estimate at 0,5t per dwelling in my region (20000t of green waste for 40000 dwellings), i.e. 15 million tonnes in France.

We would therefore have more than 1t of biomass available in France per housing of 100m2 on average, or 5MWh of available energy.

With additional solar thermal, we can be independent and neutral for heating in France, without electricity or fossil fuels.

This would reduce electricity consumption in France by at least 1/3, and therefore make it possible to no longer build power plants.
0 x
See you soon !
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 23/03/10, 13:53

Bernardd, you would make a good lobbyist against AREVA :D

More seriously, fully agree, but our leaders are deaf, so ...
0 x
Christophe

Re: Remarks

by Christophe » 23/03/10, 14:08

dedeleco wrote:In the VAR they leave the sulfur and it burns the lungs as thirty years ago and more, in the Paris region !!!!
Otherwise I would like to find the various regulatory texts DTU and AFNOR to know and understand how they proceed and what is forgotten.
The secret leads to think that they seek to hide nonsense !!!!

Interesting note ...

Uh it is possible that there are (slight) differences from one refinery to another but the road diesel is (normally) supplied everywhere in France ...

Are you sure it wasn't tourists? (the quality of diesel in Eastern Europe, for example, makes it incompatible with HDIs which can no longer operate "red" ... at risk of breakage)
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/03/10, 14:41

Christophe wrote:Interesting to know: https://www.econologie.com/la-torrefacti ... -4238.html

Biofuels produced by roasting

Roasting, the process used to roast coffee beans, could increase the energy content of major British energy crops by up to 20%. In fact, scientists from the Faculty of Engineering Sciences at the University of Leeds have looked into the behavior during the combustion, after roasting, of plants cultivated specially for energy production.

Yes, there is a lot of talk about "2nd generation pellets", resulting from the roasting of organic materials.

With the main advantages of higher energy density (in volume and weight), therefore a reduction in the storage problem and an advantage in terms of transport (significant over long distances). And above all, insensitivity to humidity ... ("sensitive" point of conventional pellets).

As usual, France is lagging behind (to my knowledge).
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 23/03/10, 15:10

For Christophe, heating oil suffered in the Var by the sea !!!!
By bicycle the origin of what we breathe in the coasts, does not change the sensations, coming from home or car.
Even on a bike, breathing the diesel fuel that fell on the road from a hole in the tank and emptied for miles of coastline is irritating and dangerous, even without sulfur !!!! (recent experience !!)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/03/10, 15:47

Ah yes the heating oil ok ... the sulfur level must depend on the refinery and the source of the crude effectively.

I thought you were talking ONLY about fuel oil ...

We should be able to see these regional differences in terms of sulfur on the documents of Afsse, citepa, Ademe or INRETS ...

Here is one: pollution in France by regions
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 23/03/10, 16:49

Thank you for this useful info, SO2: Var 2000 tonnes, Bouches du Rhone 95000 tonnes against half for the Paris region in SO2, but the reverse for nitrogen oxides !!
It is 1 / 500th of the CO2 released, and the PACA region with its sun and its woods, hurts as much as the Paris region in CO2. startling !!!

But my nose and my lungs while pedaling with ardor in beautiful ribs are enough to measure locally and subjectively !!
Wood, even badly burned in a bad chimney (usual), burns the lungs much less.
Finally I continue to be amazed by the amount of wood thrown to rot or burnt in the open air which could be used to save nuclear and CO2.
Energy is not expensive in collecting wood and garden waste !!
It misses the house boilers, not expensive because sold in large numbers, burning correctly, automatically, all possible wood, not only pellets, but garden waste, hedges, crushed, and logs!
0 x