Bushy plant fast growing against overlooked?

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Christophe

Bushy plant fast growing against overlooked?

by Christophe » 24/05/15, 12:42

Hello,

I had to cut a tree in my garden (because it was starting to touch the power lines ...), worries: it hid the opposite with the living room of the neighbors. I am therefore looking for a plant with rapid growth and "bushy" enough to hide this opposite ...

In the end, a height of 3m to 4m in height will be sufficient.

I do have Japanese knotweed in another corner of the garden but it is not bushy enough ... after nothing would prevent putting a little next to other plants ...

Any advice or advice on plant species?

Thank you
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 24/05/15, 13:57

The Japanese knotweed is bushy, but not high enough to meet your criteria.
It will be difficult to find a plant that grows quickly and is limited to 3/4 M ...
I suggest you install a support (fence, trellis ...) and climb a liana; the volubilis (or bean with oars!) will settle quickly and then you can use a perennial vine which will grow more slowly (iya the choice).
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 24/05/15, 14:31

Bamboo, but it quickly becomes invasive.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 24/05/15, 16:43

I also thought of bamboo, which remains "leafy" in winter.

I have a Fargesia rufa, which is not naturally invasive, even if the clump is growing anyway! He does not suck like the others.

http://www.moneden.fr/article/fargesia- ... wwodF7oAAw

http://www.florum.fr/fargesia-rufa/5620 ... ie-zp.html

It is also a good refuge for birds ...

But it still takes a few years to reach its final size.

For the others, choose a species that immediately measures 3 m and set up an anti-rhizome barrier.

http://tissnet.fr/barriere-anti-racine- ... tAod02sAUA

Put it in place by leaning slightly outwards, like a sort of conical basin. The rhizomes that butt against will therefore rise and not bypass it from below. Twice a year, go around and cut with a spade which would try to go over the top!

[I give the sites by way of illustration, without specific advice]

Finally, for your somewhat harsh climate in the Ardennes, see the question of hardiness (resistance to cold) with a local nurseryman!
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 24/05/15, 17:53

Arundodonax.

8) high operating yield and magnificent.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
Did67

by Did67 » 24/05/15, 18:23

In the Belgian Ardennes, I don't give much out of my skin: I'm afraid that if he spends a winter or two, the third will be fatal!
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 24/05/15, 18:57

it takes minus 15 in the ground. that should be enough.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.

Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 25/05/15, 02:38

I propose to you :

The miscanthus between 2.4 m and 3.2 m But will not hide from the second week in June. I will confirm when mine have their maximum size.
Advantage does not lie too quickly, the plants are not too expensive and in 3 years you should have something correct if you have planted + - 70 cm in all directions.
The problem is that if you do not leave the stems of the previous year, there is a risk of tipping over during a heavy downpour, especially if there is wind.

The Ivy The height will depend on its support. 5 m without worries 8 if you want.
Advantage is green all year round. the plants are not very expensive. you can even take cuttings and root them. I still advise you to use clonex, the success rate is then 100%. A min of maintenance, you just have to cut once a year once the top of the support is reached. For 3M count 3 to 4 years. The thickness of the screen cover will be limited to min. Count 40 cm roughly
The bees will appreciate in the fall.

The problem is that it is on the loose, so plan to mow around it.
The support must be very solid, the ivy is heavy especially after rainy weather.

Hops The height can be 4 to 6 m, the support can be made inexpensively. If one day you make beer it can be useful.
In 2 or 3 years the plants will make a beautiful screen.

Boredom at full height will not be reached until the end of June. You will only be hidden 2 or 3 months a year.

For a first summer, sowing climbing beans, some can reach 3 m. provide support.

otherwise the maple grows very quickly, the beech too. The trouble is that when it is necessary to shoot them down it quickly becomes expensive as long as there are buildings around. And there are leaves to collect in the fall.
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 25/05/15, 09:16

Will have to determine the "specifications": hardiness, seasonal plant or not, with or without support ???

Depending, there would be more suitable solutions than others ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/05/15, 12:19

Thank you for these different proposals and sorry for my reaction times.

On the specifications:

a) I don't want to set up a structure
b) Hardiness required (-20 ° C)
c) So poor, acidic and rocky soil = everything to please what! (the miscanthus that rabbit gave me a few years ago lasted 2 years ... yet it is in the same region as me)
d) And to fill it all: at this location I only have 30 to 40 cm of topsoil, below it is backfill ...

Otherwise I had anticipated the felling of the tree and I have already planted 2 hazel trees a few years ago but for the moment they are not high enough (but since they were in the shade of the tree shot down they should grow better now).

I think I will therefore try knotweed since I have it on hand and it is rustic (by the roots) ... but we will have to control its invasion ...
0 x