Socialize Econology on Facebook and Twitter

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 18/07/11, 15:27

Obamot

You surely have a problem on your PC or your connection because from Canada it loads really fast for me

Clean up your cache and cookies!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 18/07/11, 17:43

It's been a long time since I did it, thank you. But it comes back. And that doesn't solve the problem with iPad and iPhone ...

Christophe wrote:Wait for the opinion of other regulars please ...

... yeah, except that if it's too slow you don't risk hearing them ...
... I remember one or two guys in the dom-tom that we never saw here and who complained about the slowness of the site .... then Cuckoo that had badly moaned ...

It is not you who is involved Christophe, but the nature of computer systems in general. Have a forum/ hypercharged site does not help .... You quickly become "at the head" of the "victims". This forum was already the slowest I knew ... yet a forum It should be on fire, in principle it's just text ...

While there: 30 seconds to display a page ... it's too much.

Christophe wrote:Because for the moment you're the only one to moan

... I ALWAYS follow the first one, but in the end, I'm always right, like the admin : Cheesy: : Mrgreen:

Christophe wrote:and I really don't see why it would be slower since yesterday compared to July 1 (date when I put the other buttons ...)

Uh ... I have not evaluated, but it got worse ... Maybe the H1N1 of the woueb : Cheesy: : Mrgreen: hi, hi, hi

Christophe wrote:You can be a problem of config with your computer ... visits of other sites which use these buttons to test?

It is certain that my computer is in question. I'm not saying the opposite, I'm still at OSX 10.4.11 ... Others forums I'm fine ... But this one got really slow ...

The central question is about the "digital divide" ... What is the point of having a slow site that will force those who frequent it to change the game because of systems - which we know very well that are designed to slow down machines as and when adds on ... - Maybe the solution to that is Linux ... but I don't use a user-friendly computer to have to go back to the command line ... and spend my life playing computer ... I have already given ...

Christophe wrote:The imagination of webmasters has its limits ... especially when he has to spend his time on "moderation bickering" ... : roll: :| : Cheesy:

I'm not concerned about bickering, maybe aunt Ginette : Mrgreen: :P :D : Cheesy:

Mebon, we're talking in a vacuum, because it's not going to change ...
0 x
perplex
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by perplex » 18/07/11, 18:05

Hi Obamot, aunt Ginette,

Dimensioned, speed no problem with me on a fixed basis, fluid etc, on the other hand when I am in traffic jams (with wifi sfr), on the iphone, it is not worth it, I zap in general on badoo,
ecology side is something else :D

for the iphone or ipad, you would need a dedicated application, but is it really useful? I doubt..

Regarding FC is Tweeter, I never go the same way, personal matter, I wait for google + and I will see.

A ++
0 x
The world is perfect !!!
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/07/11, 18:33

Obamot wrote:While there: 30 seconds to display a page ... it's too much.

: Shock: : Shock: Can someone confirm this figure? You really worry me there ... are you in 56k? : Cheesy:

On 3G or iPhone it's normal that it takes a while, it's not a "mobile" version (although on Galaxy S whether it is in 3G or Wifi it's rather fast ...)

For your OS, go to Ubuntu! https://www.econologie.com/forums/j-installe ... t6568.html

Are you basically accusing me of being voluntarily obsolete? Frankly... : Shock: : Shock:

Perplex, for GooglePlus, there are already buttons on the informative part of the site: https://www.econologie.com/ see above on this subject ... (I was waiting for it to be officially launched to put them on the forum... but now I hesitate, I'm going to blame me again :| : Cheesy: )
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 18/07/11, 19:17

Stop a little... : Cheesy: Your "gas plant" is starting to run out of steam ...

ADSL + ethernet network 100 base T
5000 kbit / s for download
500 kbit / s upload

It should blow the fire ... only you have hacked your BD PhpBB V.2.xx so much that it is on the verge of asphyxiation ... you are made like a rabbit Image admit ... : Mrgreen: :P
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/07/11, 20:29

Whatever...

Go take a herbal tea it will be better ... and watch your MP :D
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 18/07/11, 21:14

Aaaaah, you see! What did I say...

So what is the point of tweeting if you can't use your iPad / iPhone .... ouuuuuuiiiiiinnnn, I'm going back to my mother (again ^^)

perplex wrote:Hi Obamot, aunt Ginette,

Dimensioned, speed no problem with me on a fixed basis, fluid etc, on the other hand when I am in traffic jams (with wifi sfr), on the iphone, it's not worth it, I usually zap on badoo,
ecology side is something else :D

for the iphone or ipad, you would need a dedicated application, but is it really useful? I doubt..

Regarding FC is Tweeter, I never go the same way, personal matter, I wait for google + and I will see.

A ++

merci!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/07/11, 23:46

Well yes but nothing surprising in this. It already depends where you are!

From my personal experience, I noticed that 3G works much better in the countryside and even in the mountains than in the city! City saturated by smartphones? Must believe...

Then you don't visit a forum from a smartphone, except anedotically ... a smartphone is not really made to surf the http: // but to use dedicated applications or specific information!

Un forum it's participative ... from a smartphone will write a subject of the average length of yours : Cheesy: it would be a full time job !! : Cheesy:

Oh and then I'm tired of justifying myself ... :|
Last edited by Christophe the 19 / 07 / 11, 00: 21, 1 edited once.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 19/07/11, 00:08

First I don't think it comes from my access (adsl, hum)

Then I have the best network provider in Switzerland (which costs me a little more) so the argument about "the place" falls because we are on an ULTRA-MODERN central, the one that serves the airport and the 'UN...

Finally you can not deny that your PhpBB instal is not "clean", you did it well ... but like, "Christmas tree" ... we saw how you do it ... you add parci, you find another nice / useful thing and you add by there ... Then after you remove things, move them ... in short, as everyone knows when we proceed like this ... there must always be traces of stuff that has not been properly removed, pieces of code that make access and wait for nothing because there is no longer a vent in feedback ... since it has been removed. . (with me it flashes, when I type, the text stops sometimes ... then it continues to be written all alone ... the repercussion of the seizure being slowed down by the network accesses, .... then resume later)

So I would be you, I would not take this lightly. It’s not normal. Even if I may have a slower computer than you, these are phenomena that there was not at this point before ... I did not invent them : Lol:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/07/11, 00:15

Obamot wrote:First I don't think it comes from my access (adsl, hum)

No but it can come from your routing or your OS ... so try other sites with these buttons to see ...

Try an ubuntu live CD!

Obamot wrote:... we have clearly seen how you proceed ... you add parci, you find another nice / useful thing and you add there ... Then after you remove stuff, move it ... in short, as everyone knows when we do this ... there must always be traces of things that have not been properly removed, pieces of code that make access and wait for nothing because there is no longer the vent in feedback

My poor Obamot, you speculate far too much where it is really not worth it ...

a) change, add, adapt stuff, it's called field optimization :) I don't know a lot of websites that haven't changed since 2004 ...

b) anything when an old function is deleted (I have not deleted masses), there is nothing, otherwise it can bug the whole site ...

Obamot wrote:.. (with me it blinks, when I type, the text stops sometimes ... then it continues to be written all alone ... the repercussion of the entry being slowed down by the network accesses, .... then resume later)

???? What do you navigate with as a browser ??? 2002 version ???

Ah if ok I understand better: if it freezes in the editing window (it's local !!) is that your computer is about to give up ...

Really you should test elsewhere, do an update or start by thinking about changing it !!

So start by testing a ubuntu live cd (test without any installation) you might be surprised, it works really well ...
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"