Socialize Econology on Facebook and Twitter

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

Socialize Econology on Facebook and Twitter

by Christophe » 01/07/11, 16:15

Twitter and facebook have become almost indispensable tools of the Internet "2011 version" (this is a finding that hardly enchants me, especially with respect to FB see this subject, but that's how it is ... so you have to adapt a minimum to the tools people use ...).

Edit addition for those who do not know these 2 sites:

a) Twitter is a micro messaging service between members of its network. You decide to follow certain members and other members (or the same) follow you.

The concept is very simple, you can add tweets by phone, comment on other people's tweets ...

There are not a lot of auxiliary functions!

Here is my account: http://twitter.com/econologie
To register: https://twitter.com/

b) Facebook is the social network that I no longer need to present, I think

So even if Econologie.com is not officially on Facebook, I still added the famous Facebook "Like" button on all the pages of the forums as well as the button to easily tweet a page.

They appear in this form in 2 places: in the "last topics" box and under the topic title. I have included the "send" function (I guess it's for sending a link to friends on facebook).

It is possible that on some or old browsers this does not appear or not well ...

As much on Twitter as on Facebook there is a small counter to know the number of times the page is linked, example:

From what I saw the page of econology which has the most FB links it is this one, probably following Fukushima: https://www.econologie.com/le-nombre-de- ... -3296.html

Here it was the improvement of the day.

Thank you in advance to those who are on FB or Twitter for helping to disseminate the economic information of these forums.

Any feedback is welcome.

ps: if a member on Facebook just wanted to test the functioning of the like and send button, it would be nice. Thank you
Last edited by Christophe the 21 / 07 / 11, 10: 19, 2 edited once.
0 x
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fthanron » 01/07/11, 17:59

Interesting idea.

Maybe to watch with an eye: https://plus.google.com/up/start/?sw=1&type=st

@+

PS: do you plan to offer 3W SMD E14 base LED bulbs from Elix in the store? (maybe a little more "white" :-)) I'll see that in my bedside lamp : Mrgreen: :?:
0 x
Frederic
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/07/11, 19:26

fthanron wrote:Interesting idea.

Maybe to watch with an eye: https://plus.google.com/up/start/?sw=1&type=st

@+

Is it by "chance" the colored button that we see on the right on this page? https://www.econologie.com/ et in small top left at the beginning of the articles of the site?

Not yet inserted on the forum, I'm waiting to see what it looks like on the site ...

I did not know that it was not open to everyone, Econology must be part of the "privileged" according to google : Cheesy:

Google wants to get started in the social network it looks like?

fthanron wrote:PS: do you plan to offer 3W SMD E14 base LED bulbs from Elix in the store? (maybe a little more "white" :-)) I'll see that in my bedside lamp : Mrgreen: :?:

Uh, I didn't even know it existed ... the 2 models we made were the only SMDs from Elix ...
0 x
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fthanron » 02/07/11, 08:54

We must distinguish the "+1" and "google plus" (are funny at google)

The first allows users of a gmail account to improve a page for example and thus improve its positioning in the results of the search engine (ladle).

The second is today the beta of the social network of google.

Maybe the "+1" is more relevant at first, however, the second is to watch (geek inside as they say in the middle), and for that, I trust you.

Regarding the E14, as I found the version offered (GU10 for my case) by the super shop for a desk lamp, I asked Elix if an E14 version existed. They replied that a series would be released in June.

: Mrgreen:
0 x
Frederic
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/07/11, 09:02

Yes, they are funny, they are not models of clarity at times ...

Hmmm from what I understood the +1 button integrated into the site = "google plus" especially allows you to share a site with your contacts on google ... (you need a google account of course). )

The +1 is older (a few years I couldn't say when) ... but according to what I just checked, it would already be replaced by the "Plus one" on google, in picture it gives:

I have not yet created my account on the social network of google, frankly I hesitate (especially since they sweetened without warning the youtube account of econology ... :( )

With the "+1" we could vote anonymously it seems to me ... now you need an account and everything is obviously recorded ... :|

It is starting to swell me a little this permanent tracking of our actions on the net :(

ps: nice for the E14 but we have not yet received the new catalog ... so in my opinion it will not be available before the start of the school year ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/07/11, 22:26

I added the integration widget of my tweeter account on the bottom of the forums.

It shows my tweets (obviously) and my retweet, we can distinguish with the avatar which is the initial tweeter.

Accessible by scrolling down or directly on the icon link at the top right: Image

https://www.econologie.com/forums/#nouveautes

I tweet the current topics which I think are the most interesting at the moment but I must certainly forget a lot!

I also added the "follow" button at the top of the news table (if you have a tweeter account).

Also I remind that there is a twitter list of members of forums econology

Notice to fans, there are 4 of us, so big crowd, I don't know if there will be room for everyone : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 18/07/11, 11:30

Well, I don't know from your eyes, but for me, the design of the forum reminds me more and more of a "Christmas tree", when will the balls and candles blink?

In addition, these new Face-bouc and Tweet buttons associated with redundant and unnecessary multiple frames + Google adds and others cause increased network access that slows everything down (already that it was not fast before) and this for each intervention on a page. Such as:
- widgets (but not only) => several accesses to each intervention on a page;
- static_ak_fbdcn.net => several accesses to each intervention ;;
- Google_api => several accesses to each intervention ;;
- GoogleAjax => several accesses for each intervention;
- Google adds => several accesses to each intervention
- Google adds2 => several accesses for each intervention
- GoogleSyndicatiton => several accesses for each intervention
- GoogleAnalytics => several accesses to each intervention
- g_double-click => several accesses for each intervention
- synchronization with remote servers;
- including several Tweeter validations;
- several FaceBouc validations;
... to name only half ... Which add to the "normal traffic" to access the server of a forum... And punctuated each time, long moments where nothing happens ....................... nothing (waiting for the response from the servers, etc. )

=> and which turn into as many "events" to manage and to layout => now slow down the pages unbearably ... When you have a FireFox already "loaded". IT HAS BECOME SLOW!

In short, it's more the joy of coming, so I don't come anymore. And I don't have to be the only one ....

If you want to “socialize” the fo-fo, you would have to think a little about the “digital divide”, we don't all have quad-core ... I'm not telling you how slow it is with an iPhone or an iPad ... And which are essential interfaces for FaceBouc / Twitter ...

And your pages ARE EYE HARMFUL too.

Hug! : Mrgreen: : Shock: 8)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/07/11, 12:05

Roooh all that for the little "Follow" button that I added last night in the last active topics block?

A) What makes you think of a "Christmas tree"? Do you have any captures please?

I put the "twitter frame" well at the bottom and visible only for "those who know" so that it does not bother anyone ...

There is no image ad on the top of the forums, still month of flashing image, I recently deleted the vertical google text ad banner for registered members, in short I am trying to do everything so that the forum looks like a tree like saying (go see on cdiscount it is luxury tree or even, bcp closer to econology: on futura science which had (still?) popups on their forum !!!) ...

B) For the slowdown it was already there before the button added last night ... we can do nothing about it and from home and with all the browsers that I tested (including newer) it is quite bearable !

Social networks have become (and I explained above that I didn't necessarily like it ...) essential for any webmaster who does not want to "sectarize" his site ... I think the average Internet user spends more than time on FB than on google now!

Econology has lagged a lot behind this point ... being independent from social networks may have been an advantage before, in 2011, it became a disadvantage ...

Today their use has become almost essential ... so I have to adapt this site / forum... on pain of disappearing (something you don't want ... I think). The cost of this: some changes for regulars ...

ps: register on Tweeter, I'm sure you will like this!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 18/07/11, 12:13

... all that for that ... You may deny it's super slow now

It was really not worth my while to repost here. Because I suspected that you would leave things "as is..." The users cannot do anything "they are captive", it is up to the webmaster to be "imaginative".
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/07/11, 12:21

Wait for the opinion of other regulars please ...
Because for the moment you're the only one to moan and I really don't see why it would be slower since yesterday compared to July 1st (date when I put the other buttons ...)

You can be a problem of config with your computer ... visits of other sites which use these buttons to test?

The imagination of webmasters has its limits ... especially when he has to spend his time on "moderation bickering" ... : roll: :| : Cheesy:
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"