Battery Replacement with a Spring Generator

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/08/08, 12:10

AA or AAA?

The smallest are the AAA, and I believe that some manufacturer offers "high capacity" models at 900mAH

We have one at 800mAH: batteries, accumulators and battery chargers
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 08/08/08, 12:16

Christophe wrote:Speaking of muscle energy ... Do you know how much energy you can do on a "full" and "average" bike?

A few tens of watts for most people ...

You want 2 answers, because at bottom and on average it is not very compatible (except for Obelix it fell into it being small : Mrgreen: ).

medium jonule gave the right range, we quickly reach 450 to 500 Watts but it does not last :D
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 08/08/08, 12:24

thoroughly we quickly reach 450 to 500 Watts but it does not last

My exercise bike tells me when I pedal well 100 watts, but I'm not a big sportsman :? :D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/08/08, 12:28

400 to 500W is regular athletes eh :)
Anyway, it's NOT ME
: Cheesy:
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 08/08/08, 12:50

I heard 200W for the average cyclist. It stands.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/08/08, 13:00

Yep :) 200W it's me ... in peak! : Cheesy:

I believe that Indurain slightly exceeded the Steam Horse (740W) ...
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 08/08/08, 13:08

when I was rowing there were the "ergometers" they are rowing devices on rails, with a handlebar to pull, and at the axis there is a rotating disc, a kind of large flywheel, which is a little more representative of the "sliding boat" after having rowed a good blow: putting a generator there becomes more profitable

0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 08/08/08, 17:08

to come back to the small batteries or accumulators, if we actually take a model of 900mAh (there are bigger) under 1.2V, that makes an energy of 1.2x0.9 = about 1Wh
as most small devices have 2 or even 4, we can say that they require 2 to 4Wh. This is the energy you produce on your bike / rowing machine, etc. for 36s.
So indeed, the energy of these devices is low but the problem is that the big advantage of small batteries is to distill low energy for a long time. a buffer would therefore be required between the mechanical energy of the hand-wound spring and the final consumer device.
Ideally a spring battery charger. That is to say: let's not change anything in all our battery-powered devices, but we can make a battery charger whose spring is wound up and which over a dozen hours charges 2 or 4 batteries.
why not. To dig.....
0 x
Click my signature
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 08/08/08, 17:19

Well, there is the principle of these LED flashlights, but you have to turn by hand, and it's not too fun.
I see as a "machine", something that would look like an air mattress inflator on foot (dimension point of view, and level of force to be given.) It would be woui, which is useful for something :D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 08/08/08, 17:37

Your idea is nice dark pitt, but when I think of a Swiss watch, I think of pendulums, and there it is permanent recharging with muscular force permanently ...

So two small springs allow a magnet to oscillate in a coil between high and low positions, the current produced is charged in two rechargeable button batteries, and the whole thing holds in a battery A (yes those of the front flashlights 2000 :D ) ...

Thus, we use less electrolyte and all the tattoin than in "conventional" batteries, and we can afford not to put nuclear electricity in our flashlight, than when we do not "shake" it. for a long time. I could see the hikers take this to have a lamp at bedtime.

Miniaturized, it also works for MP3 players and the cameras of billions of tourists. Ever found yourself without a place to charge your cellphone or camera while traveling? No more worries, as long as you have the device with you, no need for a charger!

It just gets stuck for cavers, the permanent use of their headlamps a priori that they will run out faster than they charge. : Mrgreen:

You should know that with piezoelectric systems, GIs today recover up to 3 watts of the 8 watts produced in vibration during a walk (systems in shoes or in the backpack ...). Unfortunately this kind of gadget is only accessible today in the army! Sic!
0 x