Lifetime of a battery

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/06/08, 15:40

Bibiphoque wrote:Explanation? Well easy, they make a lot of wheat.
@+

Yes I suspect it's not your store but I understand myself :D

The maximum of wheat from the resellers may be an explanation, we would have to find the wholesale prices ... and see if there is really a grant scam.

Citro, all the motorcycle batteries that I have had since 1998 (ie 4 including 3 expensive yuasa but deemed durbales) have all been frozen ... and maintenance free.

You forget the famous biker saying: "I lean so I wipe (the handle)" : Mrgreen:
Last edited by Christophe the 10 / 06 / 08, 15: 51, 4 edited once.
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 10/06/08, 15:40

citro wrote:: Arrow:

In lead-gel batteries, the electrolyte is in gelled form, requiring no particular maintenance (no level to check) so they can be reversed without danger. :D
This type of battery is found in inverters, alarm systems, electric scooters and other toys for children as well as in low-end electric assistance bikes.

Hello,
That's the theory, in practice, I noticed, as well as my colleagues (more than 60 people) that lead gel used "vertically" lasted much less time than placed "horizontally".
We also complain enough about the engineers who lay us systems where they are placed "out of normal position".
(anyway, we also moan about them for "no reason" : Mrgreen: )

It seemed that in the long run the gel would drain slowly and no longer provide optimal plate coverage, but we never opened a damn battery to check.
@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 10/06/08, 17:02

storage batteries withstand deep discharge much more than starter batteries ....
It is enough to avoid the deep discharge :D
starter batteries there are plenty of breakages and many are still good, it allows to seriously increase the amperage (in the case of fixed installation there is generally no shortage of space) given the price of stationary it should be largely profitable ...

from an ecological point of view, it is better to try to lengthen the lifespan of a material whose destruction risks polluting or to manufacture new machines which will be added to it ????
0 x