Comparative Luxeon and halogen bulbs in 12V + torch leds

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
unclebeni
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by unclebeni » 17/08/09, 23:48

Seeing all these different lamps I get lost a little ...

Let me explain: I have installed recessed spots around my pool and I would like to use GU5.3 LED lamps.
These luminaires are placed approximately 0.5m from the hedge that they are supposed to light and separated by 1.5m.
I do not know what types of lamp to use knowing that these should have a wide enough opening angle so as not to observe dark "holes" on the hedge and that they are powerful enough to use the reverberation of the light on the hedge to illuminate (very slightly) the passage.
I was thinking of using either 1W or 3W LED lamps or 3 x 1W LEDs, despite the price ... What would you recommend?

For the circuit I use a ferromagnetic transformer. I heard that for some lamps you need a cutting block. What is a cutting block?

I hope I have been clear in my explanations, if there are any questions don't hesitate!
Thank you in advance.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/08/09, 00:27

unclebeni wrote:I was thinking of using either 1W or 3W LED lamps or 3 x 1W LEDs, despite the price ... What would you recommend?

Well I advise you to test / choose among these models: https://www.econologie.com/shop/ampoules-led-c-90

These are good value for money ... but if you want it to light up more than mood lighting, don't take 1W.

From what you say, I would go on this model: https://www.econologie.com/shop/ampoule- ... p-285.html

But if you just want "light spots" then this model should suffice: https://www.econologie.com/shop/ampoule- ... p-224.html

unclebeni wrote:For the circuit I use a ferromagnetic transformer. I heard that for some lamps you need a cutting block. What is a cutting block?

Ferromagnetic = magnetic transformer which makes 12V AC
Cutting = electronic transformer that makes continuous (12V DC).

Generally the spots work in AC and CC but it must be checked. All the above models work in AC and CC
0 x
unclebeni
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by unclebeni » 18/08/09, 14:49

Thank you Christophe for this information!

You would therefore recommend a 1x 3W wide angle lamp to light the hedge.
Do you think it will be enough? I could only test a 3x1W lamp for lighting. I found it very good for the need that I had but the disadvantage and that they are still expensive to buy (I would need 9 in all) and I thought therefore that maybe with a 1x3W it would work.
Is the difference in lighting (I mean power, opening angle ...) obvious between a 3x1W or a 1x3W? Is it worth the investment?

Sorry for all these questions but I would not like to make a bad choice knowing that it still represents an investment of around 200 € in all.

The thank you box
0 x