Warning: beware of Debflex circuit breakers!

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

Warning: beware of Debflex circuit breakers!

by Christophe » 12/02/14, 20:00

Less than 1 year after installation (Spring 2013), 2 Debflex circuit breakers have failed (so HS) and it's pretty vicious as failures! explanations:

These are 2 Deblfex DIS16A on 1 DIN module (purchased by lot, promo, in a brico a few years ago ...).

a) The 1er problem: the neutral passes but the phase ! It makes the 30 mA 1 jump on 3 when switched on, but it does not blow the 2 / 3 other times by staying ON ...

b) The 2ieme even more vicious: a shutter does not work any more, I dismount the switch, tests the contacts, the phases with a screwdriver of electrician, everything seems ok...

As the screwdriver detects a phase I do not think to take a voltmeter ... error ... so I do not understand, I dry ... I guess the motor of the shutter has grilled! :( Yet ... the resistance between neutral and phase up / down is ok and the same in 2 cases (130 Ohm about) ... I dry, I dry ...

But after inspection of the circuit breaker to the voltmeter, it turns out thatit remains that 8V AC out circuit breaker ON ... 8V AC is enough for the electrician screwdriver to turn on, something I did not know!?!

That's it ... I gave 2 Legrand ... :)

Imagine a whole house with these breakers uh ... crappy?

If someone has tracks on the cause of these breakdowns (excluding shitty material) I'm interested ... Thank you

ps: not much to see but for those who need a DIN rail electric meter, here is an interesting model: https://www.econologie.com/shop/compteur ... p-526.html

Last edited by Christophe the 18 / 12 / 14, 13: 47, 2 edited once.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 13/02/14, 09:28

Ben, already when you watch a 1 circuit breaker unit to a Belgian electrician, he runs away ....

In particular, a circuit breaker that heats, so elements can be deformed. Even more easily when it's too small.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 13/02/14, 10:07

Debflex, and all 1er prices DIY superstores: to avoid ... My brother had mounted his home 1ere with that until he changed them all after others..Il was bored ..

But I was entitled to worse at my taf counterfeit legrand that exploded ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 13/02/14, 10:16

marked Legrand?

You probably did not go through a wholesaler ....
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 13/02/14, 10:19

Personally I put only Hager bought from a serious and recognized wholesaler.

For a provisional table I put "Natlo" (brand from bricopipo) and since the first day I have sometimes weird crackling (while everything is tight to death) and sometimes even electric arcs when I move certain cables : Shock:

I never understood where it came from. For the provisional is not expensive, for a house is to escape absolutely!
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 13/02/14, 10:25

elephant wrote:marked Legrand?

You probably did not go through a wholesaler ....

If installed by a professional of industrial electricity, bought from a wholesaler in electrical equipment renowned Tours ...
And in addition not a thing destined fed at all coming but a tetra 10A ...

The repression of the frauds were regalés ... The wholesaler had a can of bobo..The electrician sank ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 13/02/14, 10:30

I'm blown!
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 13/02/14, 10:37

Not as much as the breaker the summer..A 3 meters took me melted copper chips in the eyes ...

It was during a cabinet renovation that had 30 years without worries ... The old was reassembled and still works ...
0 x
stef5555
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by stef5555 » 26/03/14, 18:43

: Cry: ben m **** so I went all in debflex cause obviously budget
0 x
perpetual motion .........................
stef5555
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by stef5555 » 26/03/14, 18:45

Forhorse wrote:Personally I put only Hager bought from a serious and recognized wholesaler.

For a provisional table I put "Natlo" (brand from bricopipo) and since the first day I have sometimes weird crackling (while everything is tight to death) and sometimes even electric arcs when I move certain cables : Shock:

I never understood where it came from. For the provisional is not expensive, for a house is to escape absolutely!

if you hear strange crackling, I have only one tip and it is worth what it is, find quickly where it comes from and immediately change the piece (or ptet just a screw to tighten)

most fires in electricity are due to loose wires
0 x
perpetual motion .........................

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"