Green village for retired pensioners to create

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Green village for retired pensioners to create

by the middle » 08/06/09, 10:40

Hello everybody
I've been thinking about my old days for a while.
I would like to live my pension, like any future old pépère or memère : Cheesy: in a nice, peaceful setting, and why not green.
These living environments exist, in Germany, in France too.
But they are rare.
My idea is to prepare the future, with other future pensioners.
The goals are:
Knowing that pensions do not allow you to pay large bills, it would be useful to have a home that costs nothing in energy.
No electricity bill, no heating bill.
It is doable.
The money saved will make it possible to pay a gardener to maintain a "green" exterior, a pretty cook too. : Cheesy:
And a whole bunch of services which in community would be much cheaper!
No longer be dependent on pensioners.
Starting up the community? 10 years ? to have...
It's an idea that has been close to my heart for a long time; What do you think? :D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 08/06/09, 16:09

The basic idea is attractive, although it can be improved.
A "collective housing" where everyone would age together is not viable: you need a certain age pyramid: it is the sociology of ages: you see yourself at 80 years old, with Parkinson's, taking care of nonagenarian Alzheimer's ?
In particular, how to create a legal framework which does not fall under the influence of a "disguised home" (tax fraud) or of a residence of co-inhabitants (pcq there, bye bye 2/3 of the pension)

on second thought, I think "for pensioners only" is not good. I would rather see a "real village", with life, children too, but where the elders would create part of the employment of the youngest. In fact, this is how families lived before: adults did most of the work and the elders made themselves useful for "light" but essential work, providing their pension in the common pot.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 08/06/09, 16:16

+1, life with respect between young and old is more rewarding.
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 08/06/09, 16:30

In fact, it is the breakdown of families and the relocation of work away from home which means that we no longer take care of our elders (whom we put in retirement homes) and our children (as 'we put in a nursery).
The worst part is that you have to pay for both ...
We need places where all generations rub shoulders ...
In our culture, the loss of a child is terrible. It's the future, the potential that disappears.
In African culture, the loss of an elder is terrible. It is the past, the experience that disappears.

Retired elders taking care of children, having time to tell them stories and nature, to draw with them.
In addition, the stimulation of seniors by questions and the thirst for knowledge maintains their intellectual faculties. So enriching children, links between generations and maintaining a quality of life and valuing the elderly who no longer becomes a trembling vegetable that we will see one Sunday a month, but a dispenser of knowledge, experience .

It also allows the children to help the older people to look for water or certain small things (not that of the kind of M Jackson or certain priests, bastards of bastards) and thus to develop their humanist fiber and altruistic.

In short, no old people's camps ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/06/09, 16:37

I propose to relocate the third age in Africa: no need for heating and no electricity! : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 08/06/09, 17:04

yes, but don't believe it: we still suffer from osteoarthritis there and we need a purchasing department, because Africans try to beat the whites and even other Africans, to such an extent that my sister-in-law (black-Ivorian) living in Benin still had to pay little girls to do her market for her to get "local" prices.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/06/09, 17:05

Uh it was a joke eh elephant !!

Except for retired politicians: for them it is the Sahara that I propose : Cheesy:
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 08/06/09, 17:30

Christophe wrote:I propose to relocate the third age in Africa: no need for heating and no electricity! : Mrgreen:

Don't laugh, I think about it ... or better, Thailand : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 08/06/09, 17:32

Ex océano said:

In short, no old people's camps ...

Absolutely ! Rediscover village life, modernizing it a bit.
Some services could be collective: heating system, service car, purchasing service, laundry, school bus service, homework supervision .....

It would be worth creating a "super forum"and to go and see what is happening elsewhere, to see the opinion of psychologists, sociologists, town planners, economists. Basically, why have the young people of the center and the mountains of France left the villages: because they no longer generated sufficient income Today, pensioners' money is a significant source of income, higher than what one could get from a "badly located" land.
We can therefore imagine new villages whose economy would be changed:
- solar heating
- collective vehicles
- collective services
- vegetable garden
- collective kitchen
- redesigned food

There is a very good way to live well from pensioners' income (please don't make me say what I didn't say, please). My sister lived very well for years, creating 2 or 3 unskilled jobs.
The equation could be revised by adding exchanges between young spawning couples and young active pensioners. I even think there is room for recent immigrants.

The major challenge of course being to manage all this: a lot of selfishness and potential frustrations to defuse.

I will see very well a round table with 5 or 6 thematic workshops to start. Nobody has a school to lend us during the holidays? 8)
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 08/06/09, 17:38

I will see very well a round table with 5 or 6 thematic workshops to start. Nobody has a school to lend us during the holidays?

Must find amateurs, and attack Image
0 x