Participate in the competition of the simulator of rise of waters (seas, oceans ...)!

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Christophe

Participate in the competition of the simulator of rise of waters (seas, oceans ...)!

by Christophe » 28/10/18, 16:12

A free simulator allows to simulate, everywhere in the world, different heights of rising water (consequence of melting ice and water dilation ... in short, warming ...) ...It's "funny" and then I suggest you a climate competition : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Here is what the North of France, Belgium and especially the Netherlands would be with "only" +4 m, even the North of Germany would be quite hard hit! The economic Netherlands that we currently know would simply no longer exist ... And + 4m is nothing, the simulator can go up to +60 m! Lots of fun ahead! : Mrgreen:

Montée_eaux_Benelux.jpg
Montée_eaux_Benelux.jpg (343.36 Kio) Viewed 4562 times

Montée_eaux_Benelux_2.jpg
Montée_eaux_Benelux_2.jpg (170.42 Kio) Viewed 4562 times

Have fun here: http://flood.firetree.net/?ll=45.0000,1 ... ype=hybrid

Too bad we can't go into "negative climb" to "compare" to a possible ice age (or to past periods)

Climate-cynical mode: small contest, find the best surface ratio immersed with the least amount of water rising over an area of ​​at least 250x250 km? You will win a voucher for 50 € at Total!

This is the 1 phase of the contest, depending on your motivations, other variants can be found: the more population displacement, the more deaths, the more economic destruction ... etc etc ... the pleasures of this competitions are many and varied, always in the gaiety! Do not forget to smile!
1 x
J-Pierre
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Take part in the competition of the rising water simulator (seas, oceans ...)!

by J-Pierre » 28/10/18, 18:16

It is certain that the softness of the ecological transition will launch some millions of humans of future generations.
https://lejustenecessaire.wordpress.com/
Future migrations (climatic, economic and political) are ten times greater than those of today.
0 x
Christophe

Re: Take part in the competition of the rising water simulator (seas, oceans ...)!

by Christophe » 28/10/18, 18:50

This is not an approved answer for the contest : Cheesy:
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 28/10/18, 21:41

OK, it's pretty bad as a simulator. it is content to cover with x meter of water areas currently emerging.
But without going high (just 1 or 2m more) it is certain that storms, erosion, etc ... have the affected areas will be bigger than a simple fill following the contours.

If we choose the maximum (+ 60m) we see that the level of the sleeve goes up the valley of the Seine much higher than Paris. But I'm willing to bet that if the level rises so high a whole lot of geological phenomena (rising groundwater, erosion, ...) will make almost the entire Paris basin (in the geological sense of the term) will be impacted, and not only the valley of the Seine.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/10/18, 21:45

Uh, I do not think it's so bad!

Obviously we can always do better (your remarks are judicious) but this simulator allows you to quickly see how "his" region will be impacted ... at least!
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 28/10/18, 21:58

Yes it's really at least ... because I just watched for Maldives, according to this simulator it takes 7m to begin to be covered. Outside these islands will be clearly sunk well before 7m
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/10/18, 22:08

I do not know, I was never there! : Cheesy:

On the other hand, I know the Benelux and I find that on the contrary, the simulator exaggerates the floods (even if we can no longer really speak of flooding) ... since I imagine that the Dutch dikes have more than 4 m of " safety margin "... when you know the violence of the North Sea storms ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/04/24, 11:45

I'll put it there...we're in trouble!!

oceans 2024.jpg
oceans 2024.jpg (299.11 KB) Viewed 141 times
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 12/04/24, 12:44

there are lots of self-amplifications, unfortunately...

1) The RC melts ice cream
2) continental ice flows into the ocean
3) the albedo of the ocean deteriorates, this increases the RC
4) the ocean which heats expands.

Currently the increase in sea level is a few mm/year.
According to Wikipedia
The rise in sea level, also called sea level rise, is a phenomenon observable worldwide since the beginning of the 20th century, which results from global warming. The average ocean level increased by 20 cm between 1901 and 2018, with half of this increase observed after 1980. The annual rate, in 2020, is estimated at more than 3,5 mm per year. Measurements are carried out mainly by two means: tide gauges, fixed installations on land, and satellite altimetry.

But in 1000 years, that's almost 4m, in 5000 years 20m, and that's without taking into account the possible runaway... : roll:

On the scale of our human lives, we don't care, but over 10-20 generations, it's already a problem... :?
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/04/24, 13:01

The atmospheric temperature and the self-amplified radiative forcing as you say worry me much more than the rise of the oceans...

The rise of the oceans only scares young ecologists...
1 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."