pure vegetable oil from algae oil

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/11/07, 16:42

Yes I totally see your approach ... a bit like the oily ones and guides they did?

From this style: https://www.econologie.com/hvp-guide-pra ... -2874.html ?

The problem with seaweed is that it's not that easy ...

I worked in aquaculture: you need a strict control of the culture medium (ph, T °, ​​CO2, contaminants ... but also nitrate and phosphate ... and yes ... it remains "plants" and may have "dope" them) and conversely, to avoid a risk of pollution of the environment by microalgae (this risk is not negligible).

I think Miscanthus is much more accessible :)

https://www.econologie.com/informations- ... -3431.html

Soon a complete file on the subject of high growth coppices!
0 x
elokaze
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by elokaze » 09/11/07, 17:09

Yes that's it.

The control of the environment is decisively decisive, that is where the bulk of the work lies and the question of the viability or otherwise of the microalgae for the individual.

With respect to contamination, there are two approaches:
1) the use of indigenous microalgae in a doped but open medium.
2) the use of microalgae imported but then either unsustainable out of the doped medium, or in a closed environment but I prefer the 1) because the 2) does not offer a guarantee to 100% and it needs a complete study before.

Certainly the Miscanthus is more accessible but not at all oriented towards the same use if on the same post: "pure vegetable oils by oleaginous algae".

To go back to the process, to set up a project of this kind therefore requires a good combination of skills, brains and feedback. Hence, one of my initial questions: Did it start? Are there any candidates?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/11/07, 17:19

elokaze wrote:Certainly the Miscanthus is more accessible but not at all oriented towards the same use if on the same post: "pure vegetable oils by oleaginous algae".

Yes but 1 L of oil saved is a liter of saved ... no matter the application ...

elokaze wrote:To go back to the process, to set up a project of this kind therefore requires a good combination of skills, brains and feedback. Hence, one of my initial questions: Did it start? Are there any candidates?

For the individual I think Zac from this forum tried but I do not even know if he managed to get the strains ... and he does not come over often on the forum...

In any case it I would be interested (first to collect the info and then to test life size) ... on the other hand it will not be an easy experience: suppose you have your algae, then you still have to "refine" them ...

Maybe you should create a "call for candidates?" ?

ps: for the choice of algae I do not think there are native species ...
0 x
elokaze
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by elokaze » 09/11/07, 18:32

What is a call for candidate?

If I understand correctly we are at least 2 ^^

I do not see the structure: continue this post will be very laborious. It should be downrightforum or something else.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/11/07, 18:33

elokaze wrote:What is a call for candidate?

If I understand correctly we are at least 2 ^^

I do not see the structure: continue this post will be very laborious. It should be downrightforum or something else.

You just answered for yourself what I heard by call to candidate (ure) :)
0 x
elokaze
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by elokaze » 09/11/07, 18:36

Ok, and if we have people, we work on which support?
0 x
toto65
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by toto65 » 15/11/07, 19:01

Hello,
I give you my English presentation (the draft) on oil algae in ppt.
Well, I transferred the titles and the structure. Students who want to make a presentation will have an image support to develop a theme.
https://www.econologie.com/fichiers/partager/algaeTVDI.ppt
For my personal case I developed the very important power of depolluting with algae.
Let's not forget the figures of 50% reduction of CO2 in cloudy weather and 82% in sunny weather. And this only for the CO2. Nitrogen oxides are reduced as well.
From a waste is created a valued material with high added value.
The big challenge would be the separation of water and algae. For 1l of water we would have 1g of algae. So an 1000 factor for 1.
According to greenfuel the American fuel consumption could be provided by 20 millions of km2 of instalation ... I did not take these figures in this sense.
(that they change car first)
Otherwise Christophe's file allows to define the subject well to make a presentation.

Vis vis news. Greenfuel had some mishaps in the month of July. The algae have grown so fast that they are overwhelmed. They had to stop the tests.

At the beginning of the month the company Chevron (a big tanker). Requested a partnership with the NREL (US Agency for Renewable Energy) to conduct research (and testing?)
on oleaginous microalgae.

For the different links google is your friends.

See you
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 14/12/07, 23:08

Say, Christophe, these seaweed there also puff legionnaires ???? : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/12/07, 16:53

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/12/07, 16:54

toto65 wrote:Hello,
I give you my English presentation (the draft) on oil algae in ppt.
Well, I transferred the titles and the structure. Students who want to make a presentation will have an image support to develop a theme.
https://www.econologie.com/fichiers/partager/algaeTVDI.ppt

It's very interesting, would it be possible to send us the uncensored versions of your work?
0 x