Household waste

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 04/08/07, 09:26

Hello !
I wonder about the cause of your action: do you mean that mixed plastics, bulbs, and greasy papers can be recycled?
In this case, why do they say it is not possible?
I told myself that there was a problem with the quality of the product after recycling, or that it required using polluting products to be able to purify and then recycle them.
Or was your message a decoy, a troll?

"they" say that this is not possible because the cost of recycling this waste must prove to be very important and also because they know perfectly well the way of doing fellow citizens who do just about anything (like me for example in this case although since it is an experiment).
As for the quality of the products from recycled materials: of course they are not as good as the originals! :? this is completely normal, right?
Regarding my message which is a "decoy" or a "troll": how come? :? I pollute your subject? am I off topic? explain to me !
It is clear that it is polluting to redo white paper by recycling. But in some cases, we don't need white paper: for example, who uses the 2 sides of an envelope? if the printed side is inside and the outside is white, you can use the envelope like any other! And in addition, it increases confidentiality: impossible to see what is in the envelope.

It is the same for A4 sheets where there is an unused white side and for other things too!
Can you argue a little more about your system for envelopes please? : Shock: : Mrgreen:
I only saw the Germans do it! It should be generalized!

It is often they who are the precursors of practical ecology and we? at the tail leu leu as usual !!! where then when it's too late!
Have a nice week end ! : Mrgreen:
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 04/08/07, 16:54

Hello !

A2E wrote:As for the quality of the products from recycled materials: of course they are not as good as the originals! :? this is completely normal, right?

That the quality is less good than the original is ok (although for glass, for example, there is no difference), but it could have been so bad that it would have made it unusable. I don't know, I'm not a recycler :D

A2E wrote:Regarding my message which is a "decoy" or a "troll": how come? :? I pollute your subject? am I off topic? explain to me !

Mmm no, I would not have allowed myself! it's just that sometimes there are people who provoke, and that I didn't know.

A2E wrote:It is the same for A4 sheets where there is an unused white side and for other things too!

Yes!

A2E wrote:Can you argue a little more about your system for envelopes please? : Shock: : Mrgreen:

Not much to argue:
To make envelopes, you need paper.
In France, either we take brand new paper, or we take all white recycled paper ... at best it is not too bleached, but it still went through a whole bunch of mechanical and chemical processes => consumers of energy and pollution generators.
They take paper that is only printed on one side, fold it in the right direction, and that's it: they have envelopes that do not pollute, and that do not consume trees.
What more can I say, except that it is much smarter !?

Have a good weekend too !

Indy49
0 x
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 06/08/07, 13:37

Hello !
Not much to argue:
To make envelopes, you need paper.
In France, either we take brand new paper, or we take all white recycled paper ... at best it is not too bleached, but it still went through a whole bunch of mechanical and chemical processes => consumers of energy and pollution generators.
They take paper that is only printed on one side, fold it in the right direction, and that's it: they have envelopes that do not pollute, and that do not consume trees.
What more can I say, except that it is much smarter !?

Effectively ! seen as this way I see more clearly! : Shock: : Mrgreen: it's simple but you had to think about it! it's excellent ! thanks for the tip! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/08/07, 13:41

The company is German and is called Direct Recycling.

Here is what it looks like:

Problem: their prices are quite prohibitive ... to believe that direct recycling is more expensive than conventional recycling ...
0 x
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 06/08/07, 13:55

Oh yes anyway !
250 envelopes for 61 €, this is recycling! should know if there is a patent or at least a Copyright on this method because one could reproduce it but at a sale price much more advantageous for all because there ... :frown:
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 08/08/07, 08:42

Uh ...
We didn't have to see the same shop! :D
Fortunately! I found them at ~ 4 cts the envelope. It's more expensive than the low-end supermarkets in the area, but they are quite thick.

A2E wrote:Oh yes anyway !
250 envelopes for 61 €, this is recycling! should know if there is a patent or at least a Copyright on this method because one could reproduce it but at a sale price much more advantageous for all because there ... :frown:
0 x