Report container park and sorting in Belgium

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 14/09/06, 10:02

Here ? Do you drink completely skimmed milk? He still has taste? :?

Otherwise nice sorting plastics ...
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 14/09/06, 10:15

gegyx wrote: what really bothers me is the ban on recovering from dumpsters, planks, rafters, tubes or flat iron, bikes almost intact ... While it is still "recycling " ultimate !

Hello

I have been supplying a large part of it to recycling centers for a very long time. I can tell you that, given the salaries of the employees, a pack of beer or € 5 is a miracle. If you pass regularly you drop your list and the week after it's ready to be loaded : Mrgreen:
@+
zac
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/09/06, 11:23

Woodcutter wrote:Here ? Do you drink completely skimmed milk? He still has taste? :?

Uh how can you say that? Most of the time it is organic 1/2 skimmed (in plastic bottles ... pfff I know but there is no "choice") it seems to me ... with some exceptions ...

Woodcutter wrote:Otherwise nice sorting plastics ...

Yeah amazing even :)
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 14/09/06, 14:27

Christophe wrote:
Woodcutter wrote:Here ? Do you drink completely skimmed milk? He still has taste? :?

Uh how can you say that? Most of the cases it is organic 1/2 skimmed (in plastic bottles ... pfff I know but there is no "choice") it seems to me ... with some exceptions ... [...]
The color of the caps ...
Normally it is codified:
- whole red
- semi-skimmed blue
- skim green

Finally in France it works like that, at least in the stores where I go ...
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 14/09/06, 14:57

Woodcutter wrote:The color of the caps ...
Normally it is codified:
- whole red
- semi-skimmed blue
- skim green

Yes, but it's organic milk, so maybe they put a green cap on it to make it more "natural".
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 14/09/06, 16:13

It is curious, why the bottles of milk are not crushed when apparently the bottles of water and sodas are?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/09/06, 17:37

In fact, our quantity of sorted waste corresponds roughly to 2 months for 2 people (and 1 kitten and 2 rabbits).
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/09/06, 17:42

elephant wrote:It is curious, why the bottles of milk are not crushed when apparently the bottles of water and sodas are?

By laziness ... and especially because PUE engraves fermented milk ... but in fact the bottles of milk in HDPE (bcp + flexible) regain their bcp form more easily than the bottles of sodas in PET ... to crush them it is therefore necessary to replace the cap during the crushing ... which is not very practical ...

paper and cardboard recycling

ps: you do not sort your waste in Brussels ??
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 14/09/06, 18:28

Targol wrote:
Woodcutter wrote:The color of the caps ...
Normally it is codified:
- whole red
- semi-skimmed blue
- skim green

Yes, but it's organic milk, so maybe they put a green cap on it to make it more "natural".

Uh ... it's 1/2 skimmed but anyway the uht never really tastes very good.

In fact the regulations are very strict in France but here there is no code. Anyway, we always stay in white / blue / green because it evokes purity etc - marketing requires. Otherwise, for the plastic of milk bottles, it is recyclable HDPE up to 7 times in the form of a bottle and then recycled in less specific plastics. Better than bricks that need to undergo more specific operations.
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 14/09/06, 20:49

Christine wrote:Better than bricks that need to undergo more specific operations.

It must be said that the bricks (tetrapak not to mention a brand), at the recycling level, it is difficult to do worse: a sandwich of 3 layers of 3 different materials that must be separated and then recycled separately.
From outside to inside:
  • a layer of paper (generally finished so that it is even more boring to recycle),
  • a layer of aluminum,
  • a layer of plastic

Who says better ?
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding

Back to "waste, recycling and reuse of old objects"