The pros and cons of electric cars

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Flytox

Re: Pros and cons of electric cars

by Flytox » 01/02/09, 11:25

Bonjour Christophe

Christophe wrote:Oh no, I put my veto! A good engine must have a pinion cascade distribution! Rockers show their limits RPM fast enough ...

Objection your honor ! : Mrgreen:
The gable cascade allows a more precise setting of the distribution and does not tire for very high speeds OK .... But it is a sport or competition motorcycle application in general. For a 'normal' car that caps at 5000 rpm (without ever going there for that matter) it is heavier, more complicated, much more expensive without having better performance. So not the best choice. And then the rocker arms, it is not compulsory, the cam can directly attack the tappet against the valve.

But this does not prevent having to do valve clearance... Besides, I do not even know if it is still necessary to do the new cars ...

Indeed, it has already been (20 years or more?) That in the car maintenance books we do not even mention this adjustment, hydraulic overtaking or not.

They found parades, coatings extremely resistant to wear like Stellite that are deposited on the valve stems or the valve seats.

http://www.ms-motor-service.fr/content2 ... =24&upID=2

Seat Armor and Soaking
Exhaust valves, in particular, are subject to high thermal and wear stresses. For this reason,
it is necessary to shield or soak the valve seats. The "Stellite" shielding material has proven to be adequate. Intake valves used on high efficiency engines are mostly induction hardened to prevent deformation and wear of the valve seats.

Valve stem
During operation, the valve stem is subjected to high stresses (hydraulic levers, rocker arms). To prevent wear on the tails, they are soaked. If a valve stem is made of steel that cannot be hardened, then use a satellite shield or weld a small hardened plate.

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
meline
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by meline » 01/02/09, 12:54

Hello,

I am not very aware of the subject but recently I found a fairly large article which could possibly bring elements for your comparison (?).

Electric cars, technologies and perspectives

My little contribution to your discussion, while waiting to read you 8)
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 01/02/09, 13:01

:D hola, Méline, very good site
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 01/02/09, 14:31

Hi people !

I'm going to redo my basic anti-car: the car as a mass transport has no future. Whether it runs on petrol, elec, gas or even piss. The only fuel available in sufficient quantity is collective blindness... but it does not advance the anvils.

In all its forms, the car is a device of mass destruction and pollution.

Furthermore, I draw your attention to this article in Le Point, about a report given to the destructive government for the electric car:

point article
the syrota report

Of course, politically too annoying, the report went straight to the closet ... Thanks to the newspaper Le Point for releasing it anyway.

The future is in public transport, rail, and especially human propulsion (which has the advantage of being able to fuel beer : Mrgreen: )
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/02/09, 14:36

Rulian wrote:Of course, politically too annoying, the report went straight to the closet ... Thanks to the newspaper Le Point for releasing it anyway.

And broadcast relayed by Econologie please Monsieur : Mrgreen:

https://www.econologie.com/rapport-syrot ... -4018.html

Rulian wrote:The future is in public transport, rail, and especially human propulsion (which has the advantage of being able to fuel beer : Mrgreen: )

Bof: rail is not great for the city, public transport must exist and be competitive in terms of transport time and the CO2 balance of human propulsion is worse than any engine (hey yes you have to eat well ... it only shifts the emissions: and even beer !! Especially beer?) otherwise limited to very short trips ...

For intra-urban journeys - 60 to 70% of the km traveled by a car during its "life" - the electric car with current characteristics could answer this: but the decision-makers do not want it ... and, for the consumer: there are 30 to 40% other km left = psychological block for the purchase!

The future is especially in less mobility, to make 100km per day to go to work is bullshit (but largely supported by the State): ie to rethink our lifestyles "work-sleep" and on this point I know you agree! Burying the private car will take a few more generations ...
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 01/02/09, 14:58

Christophe wrote:And broadcast relayed by Econologie please Monsieur : Mrgreen:

Have you already referenced it? Sorry oops not seen.

Christophe wrote:Bof: rail is not great for the city, public transport must exist and be competitive in terms of transport time

You have the art of taking everything upside down to try to discredit ... Did I pretend that the rail had to go to town. Do you deny that there are still a lot of things that work in terms of public transport? And I don't need to call you the concept of intermodality.

Christophe wrote:and the CO2 balance of human propulsion is worse than any engine (hey yes you have to eat well ... it only shifts the emissions: and even beer !! Especially beer?) if not limited to very short journeys ...

So if you care about the credibility of this site and what forum, will have to stop saying co .... ies bigger than you. Since when are there only cyclists and pedestrians who eat? Sorry to say it so frankly, but there you are swimming in anything.

Christophe wrote:For intra-urban journeys -60 to 70% of the km traveled by a car during its "life" - the electric car with current characteristics could answer this: but the decision makers do not want it ...

But the car has no place in the city. We know how to make demotorized urbanization, much better environmentally by relying on human propulsion and public transport. Your 60-70% of intra-urban journeys, they must not be passed from car to fuel oil to electric car, but they must be passed on non-motorized-individual transport. 60% less cars is a reduction in pollution, reduction in cardiovascular cancer, decrease in road mortality, end of mass concreting to make 2x2 lanes, relocation of activity, return of petty trade, re-creation of social and human ties, increase of the space available even within cities by recovering all the space blocked by cars ... and I forget.

I don't understand how we can turn a blind eye to the evidence of this solution ...

Christophe wrote:The future is especially in less mobility, to make 100km per day to go to work is bullshit (but largely supported by the State): ie to rethink our lifestyles "work-sleep" and on this point I know you agree! Burying the private car will take a few more generations ...

There to agree, I agree !!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/02/09, 15:12

Rulian wrote:So if you care about the credibility of this site and what forum, will have to stop saying co .... ies bigger than you. Since when are there only cyclists and pedestrians who eat? Sorry to say it so frankly, but there you are swimming in anything.

It is not just anything: energy never comes from nowhere ...

For the city yes: bike before the car, but to say that we can replace the car with human (or even animal) propulsion is bullshit ... Quite simply because we have far too important current travel needs and that sIf you want to replace each mechanical-petroleum joule with a human muscular joule, the CO2 balance will be much worse!

Do you want a concrete example? Replaces the work done by a 100 hp tractor (the current mini base) with X oxen or horses and makes the carbon balance of the 2 solutions to do the same work. The CO2 benefit will be with the mechanical tractor without a shadow of a doubt. I'm only talking about CO2 obviously (it's fashionable). Here too: agriculture has become TOO energy-consuming ...

Obviously in our modern societies: we also eat too much and we do not do enough sports generally ...

Christophe wrote:There to agree, I agree !!

Well you see that it is! No need to draw so quickly! : Cheesy:

By the way, speaking of urban travel: do you know urban stilts? https://www.econologie.com/forums/echasses-u ... t6808.html

ps: you shouldsubscribe to RSS feeds, like that you would miss no news (already that there are not many ...)
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 01/02/09, 15:27

ImageBin Rulian, it's not won in Belgium ... I just heard that the price of public transport was going to increase significantly ...
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 01/02/09, 15:28

Christophe wrote:By the way, speaking of urban travel: do you know urban stilts? https://www.econologie.com/forums/echasses-u ... t6808.html

ps: you shouldsubscribe to RSS feeds, like that you would miss no news (already that there are not many ...)

Yes I had seen the stilts. It looks very funny. But get everyone on top in a pedestrian street and imagine the massacre : Mrgreen:

And besides, does it come with spare knees ??
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/02/09, 15:30

Well I want to pay for a pair: it would motivate me to do some sport hihihihii

On the other hand, I don't know their behavior "off asphalt" an "OFF Road" version could be really nice!

Well, we rotten the subject of LeJuste :(
0 x