Urban stilts, 1ere orthosis on the market?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

Urban stilts, 1ere orthosis on the market?

by Christophe » 03/01/09, 12:22

A new clean means of transport in sight? I have just discovered the "urban stilts" in a folder of a brand of mass distribution (in Belgium).

It is not cheap but less than ski and it can be used much more easily or often for the common man. In any case the description makes me want ... to test at least!

So a real new means of transport or another gadget?

ps: on the other hand I do not know if it is authorized on the public highway ...
Do you think there is an “all terrain” version with rackets?

In France, where I learned that we had just banned firecrackers for 1 year, I have some doubts about the authorization of such a thing ...
Last edited by Christophe the 07 / 01 / 09, 22: 39, 3 edited once.
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 03/01/09, 12:28

Firecrackers were allowed before? : Shock: Image

: Mrgreen:
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 03/01/09, 12:37

If it is not prohibited, it will be quickly. Or you would need real traffic lanes without a car (without conventional pedestrians)
If not just for fun I am also interested.
Tell us if you buy it.
Does it sell online?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/01/09, 12:41

phil53 wrote:Tell us if you buy it.
Does it sell online?

Yes I will keep you posted!

Buy online? Well if it works well (technically) I will see if we can offer it on the eco store ... but will have to wait a few weeks ...

It amazes me that specialized sports stores did not offer them before ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/01/09, 12:46

I found a few videos, shit it seems not so obvious at the beginning:

a) beginner: http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=1SmPNvPyht8
There is a passage in Strasbourg, we recognize the tram at 2:50

b) a "pro": http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=f-6WfPqB8kU
Last edited by Christophe the 03 / 01 / 09, 13: 02, 1 edited once.
0 x
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 03/01/09, 12:59

Urban ... And on the ice : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/01/09, 13:02

Well not worse than without ... even better I would say for those who master stilts since the contact surface with the ground is less than that of a shoe ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 03/01/09, 14:15

For sure ! It will not be easy to do a somersault before, if we weren't used to doing it before…

Surprised me that it had not been launched.
We get drunk enough with cyberheroes, bionics who are worth billions ...
I had seen posters of sports champions with the lower part of my legs amputated by a prosthetist.
They were fitted with a semblance of a reduced shoe mounted on a leaf spring (studied for as they say).
The performances became more than superior, since there was the rebound.
Now for running, I don't know what the standards are? There must be subtleties between striding and jumping, as there is a difference between trotting and galloping in horse racing.

For these models, it still goes, the elevation is not important, it will avoid the bowls of our children's stilts.
It will take a good period of adjustment, and then after that it will be all good.
Already to stand without help. Then get used to the smallest contact surface of the supports.
It will be quite a hassle, and I fear that with the number of accidents and fractures, we may come to limit it.

Although I was surprised, the champion on video, who following a front somersault over a barrier, found himself in contact with the ground, with tremendous damping.
So without the rendering of a spring leaf.
There must be shock absorbers, but not easy to adjust them along the way.
Similarly the curvature (therefore the reduction) of the leaf spring, must be found at the level of the high support against the leg and cause painful friction.

We must also think about delinquency which will find a new niche.
The ninjas who mess around on the roofs of houses or cars, thieves with a trailer, which will have to be countered by a police brigade of grenadier-acrobats ... : Lol:

In an emergency, they will allow you to move faster.
For example, I think that such an orthosis in a car trunk can help to get help more quickly.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 03/01/09, 16:56

Pout... :?

The knees are greatly overloaded on these machines, because the lever arm point between the ground and the knees is almost doubled: it's delirious, even next to the roller skate which is already dangerous.

On the other hand, falls forward are certainly very aggressive for the wrists and elbows.

Falling backwards can be fatal if your head hits a hard element (stairs, curb, or even the ground) because you can't hold anything as high if you lose your balance backwards, masterfully pivoting around the floor, amplified by the spring effect of the shoes.

Otherwise, during the forward somersault, the damping is done by the guy's knees.

Another find that will blow up the security budget : Idea:

: Cheesy: Is death insurance included in the price :?:
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 03/01/09, 18:07

it's between the star wars attack machines and that:

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... WFl7Ej.wmv

: Mrgreen:
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."